New to the game.

HoneyBadger6

New to the game.

by HoneyBadger6 » Post

So I'm new to the game and I had heard that Minecraft was a great game and me being a Linux user and loving all things open source decided to try out Minetest. I just want to know what all should I in the game. So far I have just been wandering around aimlessly...... Any suggestion on stuff to do for fun if you are just playing it alone?

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

HoneyBadger6 wrote:So I'm new to the game and I had heard that Minecraft was a great game and me being a Linux user and loving all things open source decided to try out Minetest. I just want to know what all should I in the game. So far I have just been wandering around aimlessly...... Any suggestion on stuff to do for fun if you are just playing it alone?
Try connecting to some servers! VanessaE's vanilla server is a good one.
Back from the dead!

Enke
GitHub: NANOsoldierEnke
IRC: Enke
In-game: Enke

by Enke » Post

Evergreen wrote:
HoneyBadger6 wrote:So I'm new to the game and I had heard that Minecraft was a great game and me being a Linux user and loving all things open source decided to try out Minetest. I just want to know what all should I in the game. So far I have just been wandering around aimlessly...... Any suggestion on stuff to do for fun if you are just playing it alone?
Try connecting to some servers! VanessaE's vanilla server is a good one.
If you can manage to block out the white noise. VanessaE also hosts Creative and heavily modded survival servers. There are also other servers around as well.

As for playing in singleplayer, look around on the forums and install some mods! There are many good mods here!
Lush8
ExtraVars for Red Eclipse

<Anarchid> my turn was still the most awesome, yielding all the cripples, two captured paranormals, and death rate of about 30%
<ORCACommander> Anarchid: you need to work harder
<ORCACommander> I am hereby putting you under review until you can increase the casualty rate

ranta

by ranta » Post

dont mean to hijack the post but im also a new player and was wondring if the was a mod like nei for minetest not the best at remebering recipies

cheapie
GitHub: cheapie
IRC: cheapie
In-game: cheapie

by cheapie » Post

ranta wrote:dont mean to hijack the post but im also a new player and was wondring if the was a mod like nei for minetest not the best at remebering recipies
Try Unified Inventory.
-- This account is no longer active --
My mods have moved to: https://cheapiesystems.com/git

michaelRmt

by michaelRmt » Post

Enke wrote:As for playing in singleplayer, look around on the forums and install some mods! There are many good mods here!
Any mods in particular you would recommend for the new player to get or avoid?

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

Welcome,

Look under Mod releases. The amount of views a mod has and the page it's on gives a nice indication of the popular and maintained mods under Mod releases. Don't forget to also check modding general for some nice mods. Look under the Server topic, especially under the more popular servers, what mods they are running to find out about mods that are in general popular.

CitroPotter

by CitroPotter » Post

You should try the landrush server.
Hi!