Mac OS X

flake

Re: Mac OS X

by flake » Post

Thank you all for your efforts!!!!!

will try to test your build later in this week.

Again,
Thanx!!

haschatan

by haschatan » Post

Thank you very much for all that work, Morn76 and OmniStudent!

I have tested your built. It works very well on my Mac Book Pro Retina 2013 Late. Just one thing, when I open a talk box in game, the key "m" does not work.

I am really happy that you have replied to my post as quickly! Thank you guys!

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

You're welcome, Haschatan!

Are you using a non-English keyboard layout? Because on my MacBook (German keyboard), "m" works fine but "Shift" does not register at all.

So maybe for some reason the keyboard scanning code in OS X used by Minetest only works correctly for the English layout? Or is Shift broken on the English layout too? I think we need more feedback to figure out a pattern here.

haschatan

by haschatan » Post

Ok, in fact it is a french keyboard.

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

haschatan wrote:Ok, in fact it is a french keyboard.
OK. And what about Shift for e.g. climbing down ladders. Does it work or not?

P.S. Aha, it looks like "m" is indeed in a different place on the French Mac keyboard. Do you get an "m" if you press "," (right next to "n"), Haschatan?

But "a" and "q" work properly, right?

haschatan

by haschatan » Post

If I press "," I get the correct key. "a" and "q" work properly. The problem is just with the key "m".

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

haschatan wrote:If I press "," I get the correct key. "a" and "q" work properly. The problem is just with the key "m".
Or try to change the keys in the settings tab at main menu.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Morn76

by Morn76 » Post

Krock wrote:
haschatan wrote:If I press "," I get the correct key. "a" and "q" work properly. The problem is just with the key "m".
Or try to change the keys in the settings tab at main menu.
This won't change chat keys though, will it? That's just for in-game controls.

Maybe what happens here is that the "m" key on a French keyboard does not send the same keycode as "m" on e.g. a English or German keyboard. And so Irrlicht does not register that key. Perhaps related to the problem that Shift keys on the Mac are do not register in MT either, at least on my German keyboard. (The Shift key problem has also been reported for 2012 Mac builds on this forum, so this is not a new issue.)

I've found an old thread in the forum about problems with an AZERTY keyboard and MT under Linux: viewtopic.php?id=3792 That Irrlicht bug was fixed apparently, but perhaps only for numpad keys.

Haschatan, maybe you could download SuperTuxKart for your Mac ( http://supertuxkart.sourceforge.net/Downloads ). It also uses Irrlicht. I think you can enter your player name in STK, so this would be a good way to test if the "m" key works in other Irrlicht-based OS X games.

CARZOMG
In-game: CARZOMG

by CARZOMG » Post

Loaded 5.6.1 no problem but issue with double click accessing market inventories and hyphen key for contractions.
cdb_15d9d517af58

snoopy

by snoopy » Post

CARZOMG wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 19:23
Loaded 5.6.1 no problem but issue with double click accessing market inventories and hyphen key for contractions.
@CARZOMG - Do you truly have an issue specific to Mac OS X / macOS and MT in general? Otherwise I would propose to establish a new topic under Problems in this forum.

Unfortunately, your description is a little vague and needs further clarification, I guess.
  1. Are you using Mac OS X / macOS and which version of macOS are you using?
  2. Where did you load your MT 5.6.1 app from or did you make your own build?
  3. Are you using Homebrew or MacPorts for your own build?
  4. Which MT user inventory mod is loaded? i3, SFinv, Unified Inventory or other?
  5. When you are saying you are accessing market inventories do you mean the MT user inventory or do you mean a specific Market mod?
  6. What do you mean by using the hyphen key for contractions?
Please have a look at the MT Wiki on Controls for a better understanding of the user interface. Last not least you may check MT Troubleshooting in the MT Wiki.

As a first guess:
Presumably, problems with a double click could stem from your pointing device i.e. computer mouse and your settings in the user preferences of the operating system of your computer. For macOS please refer to the macOS User Guide - Change mouse tracking, double-click, and scrolling speed on Mac.

Hope this helps.