Max objects per block and usage of clearobjects

lotek
GitHub: LotekHeavy
IRC: lotek
In-game: lotek

Max objects per block and usage of clearobjects

by lotek » Post

I saw a lot (few hunders) error message because of the limit in "max_objects_per_block = 49"

Code: Select all

11:57:40: ERROR[ServerThread]: ServerEnv: Trying to store id=13762 statically but block (-1,-1,1) already contains 49 objects. Forcing delete.
(e.g. see here https://gist.github.com/LotekHeavy/550fecb37d22a2a6f550 nearly a hunderd in one second)

Questions

1. As the error message explains, the mintestserver "forcing delete" it.. this means normally everything is OK and is technically just an INFO?

2. Or do I have to run /clearobjects from time to time?

3. The clearobjects use understandable a lot of resources (e.g. heavy lags happens), is it possible to run this from a shell (for using in a cronjob)?

4. If I running clearobjects is there "a thought" that someone would like to add an option to only remove objects from certain mods (e.g "/clearobjects default, homedecor" or better only exclude some objects e.g. "/clearobjects -animals"). In my world I do have a lot mobile's (animal: from mobf) and they gets removed, too.

5 mobf; maybe to @sapier; the only option to repopulate are using this one "mobf_animal_spawning_secondary" (even if its cpu intensive) or do I have just to wait that they get spawned again?

Best thx for any help!

// added

And "funny" is AFTER I did a clearobject the message popups again:

19:13:35: ERROR[ServerThread]: ServerEnv: Trying to store id=10250 statically but block (12,0,-17) already contains 49 objects. Forcing delete.
19:13:35: ERROR[ServerThread]: ServerEnv: Trying to store id=10251 statically but block (12,0,-17) already contains 49 objects. Forcing delete.
19:13:35: ERROR[ServerThread]: ServerEnv: Trying to store id=10252 statically but block (12,0,-17) already contains 49 objects. Forcing delete.
19:13:35: ERROR[ServerThread]: ServerEnv: Trying to store id=10253 statically but block (12,0,-17) already contains 49 objects. Forcing delete.
19:13:35: ERROR[ServerThread]: ServerEnv: Trying to store id=10254 statically but block (12,0,-17) already contains 49 objects. Forcing delete
Question 6:
It seems that I just used to much objects and maybe in some cases I should set the limit a bit higher
Image, or what?
----
Mine Heavy
http://mine.heavy.ch

Topywo

Re: Max objects per block and usage of clearobjects

by Topywo » Post

Afaik it's normal in case there's no check for the amount of mobs already in a block (chunk?). I think, though I'm not sure and may not use the proper words, that the limit of 49 objects has to do with the reliability of saving the data from active to static at the moment the block gets inactive (because you're getting outside it's range).

(and iirc this doesn't mean that when you return the objects (mobs) return (what I should expect), but that every mob is cleared)

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

Re: Max objects per block and usage of clearobjects

by Krock » Post

lotek wrote:It seems that I just used to much objects and maybe in some cases I should set the limit a bit higher

max_objects_per_block = 80
https://github.com/minetest/minetest/bl ... ample#L338
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>