[16px] MysticTempest's REFI_Textures

the_lisp_nationalist

Re: [16px] MysticTempest's REFI_Textures

by the_lisp_nationalist » Post

One of the top texture packs for MT for sure...

Beautiful, and functional...

My only criticizms would be that the fire in the furnace should be animated, and that the colour for the empty hand shouldn' t be this mustard-ish...

Other than that, this TP makes the environments very pleasing and reduces visual confusion as to "what block is what", all while looking amazing...

Plus, it's rather light on the resources, for a guy like me with and older computer...

Beautiful job!

MysticTempest
GitHub: MysticTempest

by MysticTempest » Post

the_lisp_nationalist wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 05:54

My only criticizms would be that the fire in the furnace should be animated, and that the colour for the empty hand shouldn' t be this mustard-ish...

Other than that, this TP makes the environments very pleasing and reduces visual confusion as to "what block is what", all while looking amazing...

Plus, it's rather light on the resources, for a guy like me with and older computer...

Beautiful job!
Thanks!

I'm currently taking a little break from my Minetest projects; while I work on some other things.
But, in the meantime. You can give this mini-patch a try. Just extract, add to my TXP, & overwrite:
new_textures.zip
(4.4 KiB) Downloaded 87 times

Notes:
Added an animation to the default furnace from Minetest game(it seems to be unsupported in MCL2; hence the override file patch).
And, updated the MTG "wieldhand" to one of the skin templates from inside the "character_player_skin_templates" folder.
REFI_Texture Pack: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20355 - Supports MineClone2 up to v0.80, MTG, and more.

the_lisp_nationalist

by the_lisp_nationalist » Post

MysticTempest wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:52
the_lisp_nationalist wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 05:54

Beautiful job!
Thanks!

I'm currently taking a little break from my Minetest projects; while I work on some other things.
But, in the meantime. You can give this mini-patch a try. Just extract, add to my TXP, & overwrite:
new_textures.zip

Notes:
Added an animation to the default furnace from Minetest game(it seems to be unsupported in MCL2; hence the override file patch).
And, updated the MTG "wieldhand" to one of the skin templates from inside the "character_player_skin_templates" folder.
Excellent thanks! I'll give it a try on my next run! :)

amelaye
GitHub: amelaye

by amelaye » Post

Pretty cool pack.
But I have an issue on my server, the opacity of the water. On my client, it is perfect, but on my server I have the problem. I mention I have the 5.5.1 version, and the option is unchecked.
How can I solve this, so I can see my fishes again ? :)
My server : 188.165.239.63:30000 - My website : http://minetest.amelieonline.net

MysticTempest

by MysticTempest » Post

amelaye wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 14:20
Pretty cool pack.
But I have an issue on my server, the opacity of the water. On my client, it is perfect, but on my server I have the problem. I mention I have the 5.5.1 version, and the option is unchecked.
How can I solve this, so I can see my fishes again ? :)
Sorry for the late reply, and thanks!

I'm not too sure why it'd be different between the two.
I'd reverify the server settings, and recheck the texture pack is fully intact. The 'override.txt' file inside the texture pack has my custom opacity settings for water.
So, if that file is missing or corrupt; that could be another cause for the issue.

Also, the settings in my override is for water from the "default" mod or Mcl, So, if there's some other custom water that also uses the default texture; it'd be quite opaque.
REFI_Texture Pack: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20355 - Supports MineClone2 up to v0.80, MTG, and more.

amelaye
GitHub: amelaye

by amelaye » Post

Well ... I really don't understand too.
My settings are okay, with the default texture it's perfect. Is there something I have to add ?
It's really a shame, I would love to use this pack.

The file is there, il cloned the repo twice ...
My server : 188.165.239.63:30000 - My website : http://minetest.amelieonline.net

MysticTempest

by MysticTempest » Post

amelaye wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 16:16
Well ... I really don't understand too.
My settings are okay, with the default texture it's perfect. Is there something I have to add ?
It's really a shame, I would love to use this pack.

The file is there, il cloned the repo twice ...
I haven't been able to reproduce this on v5.5 or newer. But, I remembered I have an old copy of an in-dev version of 5.4.
On there; I do see the opaque water. As the engine didn't support the lack of "alpha" value in the node code.

I don't recall it being broke; as I believe the newer MTG was released when the engine supported it. But, if there's an overlap where someone has a custom setup. Like having a newer MTG, but an older Minetest; it can cause issues.

You might want to try, re-adding an "alpha" value to the water node definitions.

MTG commit where the 'alpha' values for water was removed:
https://github.com/minetest/minetest_ga ... 5536aaebe8