Textures default restyling ;)

StepDevelop
GitHub: StepDevelop

Textures default restyling ;)

by StepDevelop » Post

Hi Guys :) Here is a preview of the default textures Minetest, restyling version ...

I used the texture of Minetest, reference images (photos blueprint), and I got the idea from Minecraft, although I drew all (these textures are completely different from Minecraft, controlled as well).

Work on all the basic textures! public just finish everything on GitHub, and the public here the project link. Thank you all ;)

Screenshots preview:

Spoiler
My work example:

<------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Minetest Acacia default texture

New Acacia texture:

<------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Acacia new texture, e new Heart texture (health bar)

Pine, Tree, Aspen (default texture very beautiful, I only changed the black area, I have created the most detailed profile (selection area and adding pixels)), Jungletree (jungle_top modified! default texture has a circular profile, I have changed, most beautiful square profile! does not break the graphic style to "cube" of the game;).

Tree, Pine & JungleTree UPDATE!

-- Pine texture inverted (180 degrees), to make it different from the texture tree ;)

All new textures:

Changelog 10/05/2016 (Europe Date Format)

- Jungletree - Texture redesigned, to make it different from other trees.
- Pine - Completed, I think I will make it darker (slightly darker).
- Tree - Complete
- Aspen - I want to make small changes to the texture of the trunk.
- Acacia - Completed

I learned a good technique :) I will publish in the future a little tutorial to simplify the creation of the textures (Gimp and use Linux).

Thank you all ^ ___ ^

DOWNLOAD:

https://github.com/StepDevelop/Minetest ... master.zip

WORKING IN PROGRESS:

-- Dirt
-- Dirt Grass
-- Grass
-- WoodenPlanks (All Woods)
Last edited by StepDevelop on Tue May 10, 2016 21:34, edited 28 times in total.

qwertymine3
GitHub: Qwertymine
In-game: qwertymine3

Re: Textures default restyling ;)

by qwertymine3 » Post

Are you planning to change any more of the textures, or are you only aiming for those currently listed?

Also, are you only using GIMP, or are you using some other editor along side it? I personally like to use GIMP and Aseprite together.

What you have done so far though looks good, and fits well with what I would like to change about default. : )
Looking forward to when it is complete.

StepDevelop

by StepDevelop » Post

qwertymine3 wrote:Are you planning to change any more of the textures, or are you only aiming for those currently listed?

Also, are you only using GIMP, or are you using some other editor along side it? I personally like to use GIMP and Aseprite together.

What you have done so far though looks good, and fits well with what I would like to change about default. : )
Looking forward to when it is complete.

Thank you! I also changes more texture:

- All woodenplanks
- Apple (finished)
- Heart (health bar, finished)
- Bread
- After you finish these textures, I ask advice to you, on what you prefer to edit.

Using Gimp, Aseprite and fantastic, I use it sometimes! I also use:

- MyPaint
- mtPaint
- Inkscape
- Blender
- Libreoffice
- Scribus

Thanks so much! I found the right technique with Gimp, you can now create textures like I like it! ;)

Tomorrow the main Public textures (those you can see in the screenshots here above), to My Profile Github.

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

here is a header, better than the one on the screenshot ;)
Attachments
header.png
header.png (31.26 KiB) Viewed 1001 times
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

StepDevelop

by StepDevelop » Post

Thanks bro! Your header is fanastico! I did not have time to create one official (job to my Decorative mod).

The texturepack is in the works, to the public the day before the final release!

In a few days I will publish the first preview of my decorative mod (Vanilla_Decor), below I made an example screenshot (I have to finish it, some things are missing).

ps. chairs, armchairs, sofas ... you can sit! Your player is displayed in the "session." I received help from a follower of the forum, otherwise the documentation does not allow me to create this features.

Work in progress.

Image[/URL]

benrob0329
GitHub: Benrob0329
IRC: benrob0329
In-game: benrob03

by benrob0329 » Post

Awesome!

As for the textures, I think that the bark textures feel a bit too rough, and not as nice on the eyes compared to the original.

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

Looks so much better now!

StepDevelop

by StepDevelop » Post

Linuxdirk wrote:Looks so much better now!
Thanks;) Linux Dirk I will follow on youtube. Your videos are very beautiful for my inspiration. Thanks friend ^ __-

benrob0329, Thank you! are working on my mod, I have just time, the public Texture Pack over! The modified and designed many things (including the apple).

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

by philipbenr » Post

Just a note: The apples are way too big and are too cartoony. They just don't fit.

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

philipbenr wrote:Just a note: The apples are way too big and are too cartoony. They just don't fit.
i was just thinking they were looking so tasty

i love them ;)

StepDevelop

by StepDevelop » Post

Guys. I'm free from work commitments, and the public the final version of texturepack. I worked hard, I hope to publish the first final release to Thursday. Greetings to all :)

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Post

I hope i can see that version soon, your texture pack looks great!
Have a nice day! :D

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

I agree, the trees are great!