HDX Textures (64 - 512 px) [git rolling release]

Nercolex

by Nercolex » Post

Great texturepack, im sure my friend will love this and I will continue to use it as well :) I definitely recommend.
I record metalcore covers, I am also working on a couple songs. My soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/kryptichellsing
Thanks celeron55 for making a awesome game(that can run on this pc)

tonyka

by tonyka » Post

VanessaE wrote:2012-08-20: Huge update in texture packs! Everything that can be represented as a JPG image without a visible quality loss has been converted to that format. That's basically everything that doesn't have an alpha channel. A few images in the 512px set have been adjusted in size by virtue of my realizing they could be done better (e.g. Unknown block was too big, while throwing bow was too small). All inventory items have been re-checked to make sure the under-512px sizes get the right images.

If you have a previous copy of these texture packs, please delete them fully - purge them from your system and then install this new version. Otherwise, the game will load the old PNG files.

2012-08-28: Brought pipeworks and mesecons up to date.

2012-09-12: Added nyan cat, and if the guy who owns the original complains, he can piss off because this entirely my own work - even the cat is my pet. :-)

Additional updates not listed here as well, see changelog.
all pictures that have no alpha channel can be saved in * jpg, no apparent loss of quality ... you just have to adjust the compression level
:-)
My mod: [MOD]3D Forniture 1.0
Download: 3DForniture_v_1.0.zip
Page development (European Castilian):
Moviliario 3D (proyecto 3D Forniture)

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

tonyka wrote:all pictures that have no alpha channel can be saved in * jpg, no apparent loss of quality ... you just have to adjust the compression level
:-)
.jpg compression always reduces quality, even at level 100, where the image can be sometimes heavier than a .png.

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

In general yeah, but in my case, it reduced my 512px pack from over 240 MB to about 93 MB (at time of writing), and I was careful not to let the quality slip. :-)
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

GJH105775

by GJH105775 » Post

Exallent job!
Check out my mod xtrablocks, has some different types of marble that you can build with or mine at different depths

I am not here regularly as I just kind of pop in and out. If you want to find me I'll be on quadcopterforum.com helping with multirotor builds and spending other's money haha.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a119/ ... hicons.jpg

AnonymousEx

by AnonymousEx » Post

@VanessaE
I love all your mods, VanessaE!
Especially the textures!

Minetest FTW!
So many awesome mod creators, here!

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

2012-12-03: Brought support for Home Decor mod up to date, added default steel door.

Ragnar

by Ragnar » Post

VanessaE wrote: Image
BUSTED!!!
Look at the pick, isnt that MineToon???
:D
Are you saying that I put an abnormal brain into a seven and a half foot long, fifty-four inch wide GORILLA?

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

No it is not, lol. This is minetoon.

Ragnar, you were very wrong.:) (is someone asks, yes I did change the water a bit in minetoon)
Ragnar wrote:
VanessaE wrote: Image
BUSTED!!!
Look at the pick, isnt that MineToon???
:D
Last edited by davidpace on Mon Dec 03, 2012 15:29, edited 1 time in total.
Taking a break for a while see ya guys!

In some of my posts I will be putting "Secret" White sentences.. Tell me if you see them!!! :D

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Nope, most definitely not Minetoon. It used to look like the one in Misa's texture pack actually (though I guess current versions of that texture pack have a different pick now).

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

This is AMAZING! My pc sucks, I can only run 128, and 64, Oh Well STILL A-W-E-S-O-M-E! :-)
Taking a break for a while see ya guys!

In some of my posts I will be putting "Secret" White sentences.. Tell me if you see them!!! :D

Josh

by Josh » Post

Best texture pack +1000 :)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

2012-12-30: Re-introduced the 16px and 32px sizes, raised all 256px and lower sizes to a slightly higher quality level.

A bit later: Restored a bunch of hand-tweaked image sin the 16px size, tweaked a few more, got rid of a bunch of redundant and obsolete files.

Even later: Ran through the 32px pack, got rid of a couple of redundant images, filled in a few retouched images, retouched a few more. Also, added some heavy blur to the poptart cat rainbow to make it blend better with its background, scaled and exported the result to all sizes.

Later still: Reworked some of the 16px textures to improve their quality, minor tweak to fix alignment error in mesecons gates at 32px.

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

Your signature has 64-512px for this pack when clearly there is a 16 and 32 px pack availible.

(Its early morning here. 8am is early for me.)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Not no more it don't ;-)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

2013-01-15: Added support for gloopblocks, sponges, jungletrees (covers bas080's original and my moretrees variant). Made smoke particles a bit smaller. Also tweaked stone tools textures to look better.

GermanGuy

by GermanGuy » Post

Is that normal?:Image
Last edited by GermanGuy on Fri Jan 18, 2013 16:01, edited 1 time in total.

JoeyXtreme

by JoeyXtreme » Post

it's a problem with the texture atlas put this in your minetest conf file:
enable_texture_atlas = false
Hi i'm a signature :D

Menche
IRC: Menchers
In-game: Menche

by Menche » Post

Do you have new_style_leaves disabled? Leaves only have transparency when that setting it enabled (it is by default).
An innocent kitten dies every time you top-post.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

please add texture for the tools on your server aka large mese pick, medium mese pick and so on
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

could you add textures for the armor mod
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

2013-02-20: New textures for steel block and various moreores' blocks, added support for latest moreores. New textures for trapstone and trapglass also, and a new menulogo.png (gets rid of the "-c55" part of the game's name).

Jojo, I dunno about adding armor support, that's kinda iffy right now. I'll consider it. As you probably saw, I removed the toolsizes mod since it didn't seem to serve any purpose on my server. I don't plan to add textures for it, but if someone else wants to contribute some nice ones, I'm of course open to the idea.

Splizard
GitHub: Splizard
IRC: Splizard
In-game: Splizard

by Splizard » Post

Could you add snow mod support?
Games: Builda City, The Hungry Games Mods: Lifters, Snow Biomes and Gates. Also checkout my texture pack Gridtoon!

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

2013-02-21: Added support for snow mod :-)