HDX Textures (64 - 512 px) [git rolling release]

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

Re: HDX Textures (16 - 512 px) [git rolling release]

by VanessaE » Post

Sorry about that. Looks like the "stable" downloads were also broken. All should be okay now.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

u19503

by u19503 » Post

VanessaE wrote:Sorry about that. Looks like the "stable" downloads were also broken. All should be okay now.
jup it's fixed now thank you :)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update: now supports the param2-colorized version of coloredwood, unifiedbricks, and stainedglass. Dropped support for the old static versions.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

u19503

by u19503 » Post

Would You be interested in making support for the nodebox tree mod? viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16292

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Not at this time - better you should try to make your mod use default textures if you can.

texmex
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: tacotexmex

by texmex » Post

I was going to suggest you start using the new texture pack completion checker, but it only looks for PNGs at the moment… Image

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

This project has been moved to GitLab, in response to Microsoft's purchase of GitHub.

R.G.A.M.

by R.G.A.M. » Post

Do you plan to add support to the game MineClone 2?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

No, I have no plans for that, but if someone makes textures and issues a Merge Request against HDX-512, I'll make them official (and for the other sizes, too), assuming they're well-made.

Sheriff

by Sheriff » Post

I have to say that this is my favourite texture pack of all time. Thank you, so much, for all of your work on it!

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Just letting folks know there have been LOTS of additions and changes over the past few days:
  • Adjusted brightness and contrast of default cobble, default "apple", pine, and acacia woods to make them all better match the default textures.
  • Updated default apple, pine, acacia, and aspen wood fences to match the wood block changes, updated junglewood fence, and added corresponding fence rails for all.
  • Added default acacia bush sapling and default ferns.
  • Added default permafrost, stones, and related moss textures, updated mossycobble.
  • Added default black tulip
  • Added coniferous and rainforest ground litter
  • Added fireflies
  • Got rid of default fence inventory image (obsolete)
  • Added mese lamp/post
  • Updated boats images, removed obsolete ones
  • Rework torches to comply with current mt_game model/style, remove obsolete textures
  • Added "emergent" default jungletree sapling
  • Fixed missing trapdoor images
  • Fix bad default wood trapdoor side
  • Cut excess detail from both default trapdoor side images
  • Fixed missing cottages steel hatch image
  • Adjusted brightness/contrast/etc. on gloopblocks pumice to make it better match the mod's default texture.
  • Renamed "moreblocks_split_stone_tile_alt" to "moreblocks_checker_stone_tile"
  • Reworked moreblocks wood tiles to match current state of that mod
  • Updated plankstone images
  • Cleaned-up and reworked moreblocks trap images
  • Got rid of a bunch of obsolete moreblocks and moreores images
  • Add 50 and 100 Mg notes and 5, 10, and 25 Mg cent coins (currency mod)
  • Added dryplants reeds and redid cottages "reet"
  • Added trunks sticks block
  • Added castles/anvil hammer
  • Add technic cast iron block
  • Add lots of stuff for farming/farming redo:
    pineapple juice, ethanol, multigrain flour, replaced flour with brighter version, added rice flour, blueberries, strawberries, peas, peapod, onion, garlic, corn, grapes, green beans, beetroot, chili peppers, [bell] pepper, peppercorn, ground pepper, cucumber, cocoa beans, chocolate, cookie, coffee beans, pineapple, donuts, hemp leaf, hemp fibre, hemp oil, hemp block, hemp rope, mortar-and-pestle raspberry, sugar, rice and rice grains/seed, toast and toast sandwich, glass mixing bowl, wooden bowl, bowls of chili, borscht (beetroot soup), pea soup, porridge, potato/cucumber salad, and corn starch, salt, rose water, smoothie, coffee (cup), baked potato, pumpkin slice, pumpkin dough, carrot juice, golden carrot
  • Reworked regular carrot inv image, got rid of obsolete versions
  • Reworked cotton, added string, deleted obsolete images.
  • Reworked farming breads, adding new ones as needed.
  • Renamed banana images to apply to farming_redo instead of the old farming_plus
  • Removed obsolete "potatoe" images
  • Renamed plasticbox, deleted outdated plastic sheet images
  • Fixed missing unifiedbricks mortar images
  • Fixed bad prefab(_redo) concrete ladder and door images, and remove obsolete images
  • Added default obsidian block
  • Added digistuff digimese
  • Tweak basic_materials oil bottle a bit
  • Added bees smoker, honey bottle, frame, empty frame, beeswax, animated bee swarm; removed obsolete bees images
  • Renamed Jack o' lantern images
  • Dropped support for the old cotton mod (obsolete, can't be found anymore anyways)
  • Removed all menu overlay/background images, then reworked them and re-added a bit later (thought they were broken, but it was a corner-case engine bug on my end)
Plus no telling what else has changed in the meantime since any one person's last update. Get to downloading! :-)

Joseph16
In-game: smb3

by Joseph16 » Post

The hand texture.... omg..... I laughed so hard.. why would you do this to me
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (486.56 KiB) Viewed 2817 times
Testin' mines since 1989

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

What can I say, that's my late husband's hand, his hands were aged and worn just enough to look good in HDX. That image has been there for years. I can't do anything about the "smearing" look on the right - Minetest wasn't exactly meant to have a photorealistic hand, let alone on a wide screen.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Quick update: the default doors and trapdoors, homedecor doors and glowlights, and the menu images that all got dropped due to mod changes breaking them, have all been recreated in a compatible manner, and some have been rebuilt from scratch, as needed. A new default-stuff-only release has been posted, as well.

Also, I have discontinued and deleted the 16 and 32 px sizes once and for all. Those sizes just. do. not. lend themselves to high quality photorealistic textures, and as time goes on, I'm finding it harder and harder to maintain those smaller sizes. If you really MUST have such small sizes, download the 512px pack and downscale it.

Lews Therin

Re: HDX Textures (64 - 512 px) [git rolling release]

by Lews Therin » Post

Nice work. Keep it up!

TumeniNodes
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

VanessaE wrote:Also, I have discontinued and deleted the 16 and 32 px sizes once and for all. Those sizes just. do. not. lend themselves to high quality photorealistic textures, and as time goes on, I'm finding it harder and harder to maintain those smaller sizes. If you really MUST have such small sizes, download the 512px pack and downscale it.
Nothing under 128px can be considered Hi Def :P
A Wonderful World

Sharpik
GitHub: Sharpik

by Sharpik » Post

VanessaE wrote:

Vanessa's Photorealistic "HDX" texture packs

[/spoiler]
Hello VanessaE, thanks for Your awesome work (Not just textures, but even mods).
I'd like to ask You to grant me permissions to use part of Your textures in my own texture pack.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=24158

I know that You publicate Your texture pack under WTFPL, but I want to thank You this way and get official agreemant.

Thanks for Your work and I'm looking foreward to future cooperation.

Sharp

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

You'll have to publish them under the same license as they originally were, CC-By-SA or GPL (check the image credits file for links to each original photo). The WTFPL remark is supposed to be a joke (though I personally don't care :-P ).

Merak

by Merak » Post

There are image filenames starting with MTZ. What is MTZ?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Custom textures that only affect a few things found on the Minetest Zeno server, which I run.

ronoaldo
GitHub: ronoaldo
IRC: ronoaldo
In-game: RonoaldoKakashi

by ronoaldo » Post

Is this pack on ContentDB?
Servers: Mercurio | Tools: ContentDB CLI | Mods: minenews

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

No, it isn't. Far too big for the content store. It's easy enough to grab it from Gitlab though. :-)

ronoaldo
GitHub: ronoaldo
IRC: ronoaldo
In-game: RonoaldoKakashi

by ronoaldo » Post

Makes sense!

Is this pack also too big for playing on mobile? I mean, more pixels will probably consume more memory right? Anyways, I'll test and report if it works!
Servers: Mercurio | Tools: ContentDB CLI | Mods: minenews

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

The 64px size should work okay on older mobiles, but I wouldn't go above 128px even on a modern device. It depends, too, on what all you're running -- that is, what game and what mods (or what the server is using), since that'll determine how much of HDX is actually put into use.

At 256px, Minetest consumes a whopping 5 GB of RAM on my PC when running Dreambuilder, which puts nearly all of HDX's files into use, so I figure it'll be 2, 2½ gigs on the 128px size on that game. That's singleplayer, so that includes the memory taken up by the engine's local server process, how much map is loaded, and so on. Some of that won't apply when connecting to a remote public game server.

My PC more or less can't handle the 512px size.... with any amount of MT content, let alone Dreambuilder. The engine doesn't use the GPU well enough, not even my relatively old R9 280X. 😛

MrPhil
In-game: MrPhil

by MrPhil » Post

Hi VanessaE,

These are awesome. After installing the HDX-64 pack on my server, a few of the textures like the default stone and cobble are still the same in-game. Browsing the files by name I can see that they're different in your texture pack,

Is this intended or is there an issue? I deleted the cache on my (Linux) workstation where the client is located and forced it to reload all of the media but the results were the same.

Many thanks for all of your great work on this and the mods.

- Phil