[16x] VILJA PIX 2.0 (modified by Jozet)

What u think about textures pack?

Good work, will use it!
14
88%
Will use it but with my changes
2
13%
Ugly pack, will not use it even for money!
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 16

User avatar
texmex
Member
 
Posts: 1011
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 21:08
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: texmex

Re: [16x] VILJA PIX 2.0 (modified by Jozet)

by texmex » Tue Jun 05, 2018 04:12

You can change Mojang’s art however much and it is still a derivative. And no, I can clearly see you just applied some filters, added some pixels and mirrored a few things. You need to draw your replica yourself from the ground up in this case for it to not be infringement.
 

User avatar
Enrikoo
Member
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 18:18
Location: Germany
GitHub: Enrikoo
IRC: Enrico - Enricoo - Enrlco
In-game: Enrico - Enriko
 

User avatar
bosapara
Member
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 08:49
GitHub: bosapara
In-game: Jozet

Re: [16x] VILJA PIX 2.0 (modified by Jozet)

by bosapara » Tue Jun 05, 2018 06:27

Enrikoo wrote:Add wieldhand of steve then it looks nicer.

great idea, now looks better, added
wieldhand.png
(160 Bytes) Not downloaded yet

Image


texmex wrote:You can change Mojang’s art however much and it is still a derivative


Thats is not problem, my point of view is different.
 

User avatar
texmex
Member
 
Posts: 1011
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 21:08
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: texmex

Re: [16x] VILJA PIX 2.0 (modified by Jozet)

by texmex » Tue Jun 05, 2018 06:31

The point of view doesn’t matter in the eyes of law though but okay. You won’t be able to put this on Content DB.
 

User avatar
bosapara
Member
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 08:49
GitHub: bosapara
In-game: Jozet

Re: [16x] VILJA PIX 2.0 (modified by Jozet)

by bosapara » Tue Jun 05, 2018 07:09

texmex wrote:You won’t be able to put this on Content DB.


Havent checked, but i think i can. Your point of view is far from reality and law.

Image

Now u can make your "Square" and sell it
 

User avatar
texmex
Member
 
Posts: 1011
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 21:08
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: texmex

Re: [16x] VILJA PIX 2.0 (modified by Jozet)

by texmex » Tue Jun 05, 2018 08:52

ANY art deriving from unlicensed material will be rejected. I’m not arguing, I’m stating.
 

User avatar
bosapara
Member
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 08:49
GitHub: bosapara
In-game: Jozet

Re: [16x] VILJA PIX 2.0 (modified by Jozet)

by bosapara » Tue Jun 05, 2018 09:26

texmex wrote:ANY art deriving from unlicensed material will be rejected. I’m not arguing, I’m stating.


Without proofs and examples its just "imho" (my too), nothing special
 

Kroukuk
Member
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 18:08
In-game: Kroukuk

Re: [16x] VILJA PIX 2.0 (modified by Jozet)

by Kroukuk » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:09

bosapara wrote:
texmex wrote:ANY art deriving from unlicensed material will be rejected. I’m not arguing, I’m stating.


Without proofs and examples its just "imho" (my too), nothing special


The US Copyright law states that "it is permissible to use limited portions of a work including quotes, for purposes such as commentary, criticism, news reporting, and scholarly reports" (https://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-fairuse.html#howmuch) but the texture pack has none of these purposes so I think it's illegal?

On mojangs page about "Brand and assets guidelines" (https://account.mojang.com/terms#brand) it says that they are "quite relaxed about other non-commercial things so feel free to create and share videos, screen shots, independently created mods (that don't use any of our Assets), fan art, machinima, etc." So using the textures is okay as long as you don't make money for it?

These two sources seem contradictory but since mojang doesn't directly cover the use of textures in their text I would abstain from using the steve texture just in case. owo
 

User avatar
Enrikoo
Member
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 18:18
Location: Germany
GitHub: Enrikoo
IRC: Enrico - Enricoo - Enrlco
In-game: Enrico - Enriko

Re: [16x] VILJA PIX 2.0 (modified by Jozet)

by Enrikoo » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:08

bosapara wrote:great idea, now looks better, added
wieldhand.png

Image


Why didn't you list Vilja 2.0 hearts how I see in the image? It looks amazing.
 

User avatar
bosapara
Member
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 08:49
GitHub: bosapara
In-game: Jozet

Re: [16x] VILJA PIX 2.0 (modified by Jozet)

by bosapara » Tue Jun 05, 2018 13:10

Kroukuk wrote:
bosapara wrote:
texmex wrote:ANY art deriving from unlicensed material will be rejected. I’m not arguing, I’m stating.


Without proofs and examples its just "imho" (my too), nothing special


The US Copyright law states that "it is permissible to use limited portions of a work including quotes, for purposes such as commentary, criticism, news reporting, and scholarly reports" (https://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-fairuse.html#howmuch) but the texture pack has none of these purposes so I think it's illegal?

On mojangs page about "Brand and assets guidelines" (https://account.mojang.com/terms#brand) it says that they are "quite relaxed about other non-commercial things so feel free to create and share videos, screen shots, independently created mods (that don't use any of our Assets), fan art, machinima, etc." So using the textures is okay as long as you don't make money for it?

These two sources seem contradictory but since mojang doesn't directly cover the use of textures in their text I would abstain from using the steve texture just in case. owo


Alright, nice proofs. Later will create different qualitative character.
 

User avatar
bosapara
Member
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 08:49
GitHub: bosapara
In-game: Jozet

Re: [16x] VILJA PIX 2.0 (modified by Jozet)

by bosapara » Tue Jun 05, 2018 13:28

Enrikoo wrote:
bosapara wrote:great idea, now looks better, added
wieldhand.png

Image


Why didn't you list Vilja 2.0 hearts how I see in the image? It looks amazing.


Had some problems with it, now fixed and added
 

User avatar
Enrikoo
Member
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 18:18
Location: Germany
GitHub: Enrikoo
IRC: Enrico - Enricoo - Enrlco
In-game: Enrico - Enriko

Re: [16x] VILJA PIX 2.0 (modified by Jozet)

by Enrikoo » Wed Jun 06, 2018 13:42

You can move your texture pack to https://content.minetest.net/. In the next version you can download minetest texutres, mods, games, clientside mods easilly.
 

User avatar
bosapara
Member
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 08:49
GitHub: bosapara
In-game: Jozet

Re: [16x] VILJA PIX 2.0 (modified by Jozet)

by bosapara » Wed Jun 06, 2018 17:21

Enrikoo wrote:You can move your texture pack to https://content.minetest.net/. In the next version you can download minetest texutres, mods, games, clientside mods easilly.


You mean from 5.0 vers or 4.17?
 

User avatar
Enrikoo
Member
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 18:18
Location: Germany
GitHub: Enrikoo
IRC: Enrico - Enricoo - Enrlco
In-game: Enrico - Enriko
 

User avatar
bosapara
Member
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 08:49
GitHub: bosapara
In-game: Jozet

Re: [16x] VILJA PIX 2.0 (modified by Jozet)

by bosapara » Wed Jun 06, 2018 17:56

Enrikoo wrote:The next version is 0.5.0.

Dont know why, but import here doesnt work at the moment, will check later.
 

User avatar
Enrikoo
Member
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 18:18
Location: Germany
GitHub: Enrikoo
IRC: Enrico - Enricoo - Enrlco
In-game: Enrico - Enriko

Re: [16x] VILJA PIX 2.0 (modified by Jozet)

by Enrikoo » Thu Jun 07, 2018 04:48

One thing, the mese hoe texture is misspelled. Rename farming_tool_msehoe to farming_tool_mesehoe
 

User avatar
bosapara
Member
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 08:49
GitHub: bosapara
In-game: Jozet

Re: [16x] VILJA PIX 2.0 (modified by Jozet)

by bosapara » Fri Jun 08, 2018 09:51

Enrikoo wrote:One thing, the mese hoe texture is misspelled. Rename farming_tool_msehoe to farming_tool_mesehoe

thanx for info, fixed
 

User avatar
bosapara
Member
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 08:49
GitHub: bosapara
In-game: Jozet
 

User avatar
azekill_DIABLO
Member
 
Posts: 7452
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:05
Location: OMICRON
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO
 

User avatar
bosapara
Member
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 08:49
GitHub: bosapara
In-game: Jozet

Re: [16x] VILJA PIX 2.0 (modified by Jozet)

by bosapara » Fri Jun 08, 2018 14:15

azekill_DIABLO wrote:They are nice! Maybe they do miss a bit transparency but I can't really tell on the gif.


Nothing transparency, just such lite color

With transparancy its looks a little ugly
 

User avatar
azekill_DIABLO
Member
 
Posts: 7452
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:05
Location: OMICRON
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO
 

User avatar
bosapara
Member
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 08:49
GitHub: bosapara
In-game: Jozet

Re: [16x] VILJA PIX 2.0 (modified by Jozet)

by bosapara » Sun Jun 10, 2018 21:31

Moon and sun added

Image
Image
Attachments
sun.png
(6.8 KiB) Not downloaded yet
moon.png
(13.14 KiB) Not downloaded yet
 

User avatar
Ektod
Member
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 01:52
In-game: ektod

Re: [16x] VILJA PIX 2.0 (modified by Jozet)

by Ektod » Sun Jun 10, 2018 22:03

the sun looks tiny
Last edited by Ektod on Sun Jun 10, 2018 22:20, edited 1 time in total.
 

User avatar
bosapara
Member
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 08:49
GitHub: bosapara
In-game: Jozet

Re: [16x] VILJA PIX 2.0 (modified by Jozet)

by bosapara » Sun Jun 10, 2018 22:12

Ektod wrote:the sun looks tiny

- my settings of fov is "95"
- to sun added more shadows, its looks better than less, cuz more real
- we cant change size of the sun without change of the game code

___

just in case, real size of the sun, look sample:

Image
 

User avatar
bosapara
Member
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 08:49
GitHub: bosapara
In-game: Jozet
 

PreviousNext

Return to Texture Packs



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests