[16px] [WIP] MTG4MCL2

Wuzzy

GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

[16px] [WIP] MTG4MCL2

by Wuzzy » Sat Feb 16, 2019 02:02

I present to you the first official BUT UNFINISHED (!) texture pack for MineClone 2:

MTG4MCL2
“MTG4MCL2” means “Minetest Game for MineClone 2”. :-)

Texture pack version: 0.1.0
Required MineClone 2 version: 0.45.0 or later
Download: See attachment below.

Screenshot:

The idea is to give MineClone 2 the look and feel of Minetest Game by copying (and, if neccessary, adapting) textures from Minetest Game as well as mods for Minetest Game. Some minor modifications are made where neccessary but otherwise the idea is to use as much verbatim material as possible.

Note this is VERY UNFINISHED! Some of the textures are either crap or outright missing. I need your help! If you know a good mod (for Minetest Game!) that would be useful for this texture pack, please post it here. I will only accept self-drawn textures if they fit to the style of Minetest Game and all existing mods either lack the required textures or only have crap textures.

How to contribute: Either point me to relevant mods or send me zip files containing the new files (ideally with the correct file names). Remember to also tell me the source of the textures.

Textures come from the following mods:

Credits go to the authors of Minetest Game as well the authors of the respective mods. Look in credits.txt.
License: CC BY-SA 3.0
Attachments
MTG4MCL2_0.1.0.zip
MTG4MCL2, version 0.1.0
(489.31 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
My creations. I gladly accept bitcoins: 17fsUywHxeMHKG41UFfu34F1rAxZcrVoqH

Sokomine

GitHub: Sokomine

Re: [16px] [WIP] MTG4MCL2

by Sokomine » Sat Feb 16, 2019 07:20

Wuzzy wrote:The idea is to give MineClone 2 the look and feel of Minetest Game by copying (and, if neccessary, adapting) textures from Minetest Game as well as mods for Minetest Game. Some minor modifications are made where neccessary but otherwise the idea is to use as much verbatim material as possible.

Sounds like a good plan. Textures from other mods will most likely fit better into the MCL2 world. It would also be great to have at least aliasses/compatibility nodes for the default nodes.
A list of my mods can be found here.

texmex

GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: texmex

by texmex » Sat Feb 16, 2019 08:10

I like the idea, though I personally prefer the original Pixel Perfection textures. Still, this creates another bridge for "migration" to MCL2. :)

ShadMOrdre

GitHub: ShadMOrdre
In-game: shadmordre

by ShadMOrdre » Sun Feb 17, 2019 08:19

Wuzzy,

Both my lib_materials and lib_ecology mods provide a lot of media for your use. They are derived from exisiting mods, (ie, ethereal, moretrees, valleys_c, rocks, real_minerals, Farlands game, and some others). The licenses for most, if not all of the included textures should be included, and to my knowledge, are all CC-BY-SA 3.0.

Not all textures fit, but my goal was the same, to use only textures that fit within the overall theme. The textures thus included should, for the most part, be 16x16 pixel, 16 color textures. Some have been downgraded from higher resolution textures.

Shad
MY MODS: lib_ecology lib_materials lib_clouds lib_node_shapes ---- Inspired By: Open Source Virtual World Simulator Opensimulator.

Return to Texture Packs