[16px] [WIP] MTG4MCL2

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

[16px] [WIP] MTG4MCL2

by Wuzzy » Post

I present to you the first official BUT UNFINISHED (!) texture pack for MineClone 2:

MTG4MCL2
“MTG4MCL2” means “Minetest Game for MineClone 2”. :-)

Texture pack version: 0.1.0
Required MineClone 2 version: 0.45.0 or later
Download: See attachment below.

Screenshot:

The idea is to give MineClone 2 the look and feel of Minetest Game by copying (and, if neccessary, adapting) textures from Minetest Game as well as mods for Minetest Game. Some minor modifications are made where neccessary but otherwise the idea is to use as much verbatim material as possible.

Note this is VERY UNFINISHED! Some of the textures are either crap or outright missing. I need your help! If you know a good mod (for Minetest Game!) that would be useful for this texture pack, please post it here. I will only accept self-drawn textures if they fit to the style of Minetest Game and all existing mods either lack the required textures or only have crap textures.

How to contribute: Either point me to relevant mods or send me zip files containing the new files (ideally with the correct file names). Remember to also tell me the source of the textures.

Textures come from the following mods: Credits go to the authors of Minetest Game as well the authors of the respective mods. Look in credits.txt.
License: CC BY-SA 3.0
Attachments
MTG4MCL2_0.1.0.zip
MTG4MCL2, version 0.1.0
(489.31 KiB) Downloaded 395 times

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

Re: [16px] [WIP] MTG4MCL2

by Sokomine » Post

Wuzzy wrote: The idea is to give MineClone 2 the look and feel of Minetest Game by copying (and, if neccessary, adapting) textures from Minetest Game as well as mods for Minetest Game. Some minor modifications are made where neccessary but otherwise the idea is to use as much verbatim material as possible.
Sounds like a good plan. Textures from other mods will most likely fit better into the MCL2 world. It would also be great to have at least aliasses/compatibility nodes for the default nodes.
A list of my mods can be found here.

texmex
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: tacotexmex

by texmex » Post

I like the idea, though I personally prefer the original Pixel Perfection textures. Still, this creates another bridge for "migration" to MCL2. :)

ShadMOrdre

by ShadMOrdre » Post

Wuzzy,

Both my lib_materials and lib_ecology mods provide a lot of media for your use. They are derived from exisiting mods, (ie, ethereal, moretrees, valleys_c, rocks, real_minerals, Farlands game, and some others). The licenses for most, if not all of the included textures should be included, and to my knowledge, are all CC-BY-SA 3.0.

Not all textures fit, but my goal was the same, to use only textures that fit within the overall theme. The textures thus included should, for the most part, be 16x16 pixel, 16 color textures. Some have been downgraded from higher resolution textures.

Shad

AFCM
GitHub: AFCMS
IRC: AFCM
In-game: AFCM

by AFCM » Post

Some textures don't work at all: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ko2C9sExLJzoBgiZ6
Please, solve the problem, this texture pack is amazing !

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Hmm, to be honest, I don't feel like maintaining this anymore, sorry. Someone would have to take it over.

AFCM
GitHub: AFCMS
IRC: AFCM
In-game: AFCM

by AFCM » Post

Can I clone this texture pack ? Are there credits ?

eyekay
GitHub: Azl-Eyekay
In-game: eyekay49

by eyekay » Post

I used to use this tp some time ago... I don't like the pixel perfection ones
Wuzzy wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 03:53
Hmm, to be honest, I don't feel like maintaining this anymore, sorry. Someone would have to take it over.

I would love to help out! I also forked the Unofficial official tp (also dead apparently) and am fixing many textures, so I have (some) experience
<a href=about:blank> My projects</a>

eyekay
GitHub: Azl-Eyekay
In-game: eyekay49

by eyekay » Post

Wuzzy wrote:
Someone would have to take it over.
A wild Someone appeared!

I have made a few corrections to the texture pack so that it is atleast playable: the critical textures being the pallete (which I have removed for the time being), the grass textures and the default_furnace_front_active.png texture.

I have added texture pack to a git repository (I know I could have just attached it to the post, but that is mightily inconvenient to update if needed, and I have been meaning to finally try to learn git anyways. This is the first time I have used git from the terminal)
<a href=about:blank> My projects</a>

c56
GitHub: tigercoding56
In-game: bm5 or bemo5 also sell_her_on55

by c56 » Post

eyekay wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 16:42
Wuzzy wrote:
Someone would have to take it over.
A wild Someone appeared!

I have made a few corrections to the texture pack so that it is atleast playable: the critical textures being the pallete (which I have removed for the time being), the grass textures and the default_furnace_front_active.png texture.

I have added texture pack to a git repository (I know I could have just attached it to the post, but that is mightily inconvenient to update if needed, and I have been meaning to finally try to learn git anyways. This is the first time I have used git from the terminal)
A wild c56 appeared
to thank you , i love the minetest game textures and needed them in mineclone 2 (will you maintain this further btw ? )
this is a signature not a place to post messages also if i could change my username i would change it to sell_her_on55