Texture Pack Index

sirrobzeroone

Texture Pack Index

by sirrobzeroone » Sat Sep 21, 2019 06:01

I went through the texture posts and tried to find as many working, complete texture packs with clear licencing conditions as I could.

I revamped the texture pack section on the wiki and added the ones to it that I've found, hopefully the table template I created is easy enough to use. Uncovered a few packs that looked really nice along the way:
http://wiki.minetest.net/Texture_Packs#Finding_Texture_Packs

Low resolution texture packs: 4-8 pixels
http://wiki.minetest.net/Low_resolution_texture_packs

Normal resolution texture packs: 16 pixels
http://wiki.minetest.net/Normal_resolution_texture_packs

High resolution texture packs: 32-64 pixels
http://wiki.minetest.net/High_resolution_texture_packs

Very High resolution texture packs: 128+ pixels
http://wiki.minetest.net/Very_High_resolution_texture_packs

kestral

GitHub: kestral246

Re: Texture Pack Index

by kestral » Sun Sep 22, 2019 17:26

Thanks sirrobzeroone, that looks like it was a lot of work.

There are definitely some texture packs in there that I'm going to be checking out.

waldberg

In-game: 2_waldberg

by waldberg » Sun Sep 22, 2019 17:52

Yes... there was always a properly site missing before to find texture packs easily and this is very important to texture pack lovers or newcomers. Finally we got one! :D

Can we state texture pack suggestions?
Thank you!
My english can cause brain cancer

TumeniNodes

GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Sun Sep 22, 2019 21:01

Viewers of texture packs should also take into consideration... that not every texture needs to be replaced.
Some texture packs may only modify some textures, while using the default for the rest, the one I am currently working on is being done under this method. It is just to make adjustments to enhance the visual experience, without completely reworking every single texture...

Though for an entirely different design style and/or pixel size, it is a good idea to just replace everything and then focus on the most popular mods (or mods which are officially-ish endorsed)

If enough TPs exist, eventually... we may be able to convince celeron55 to add more sub-sections to the TP section
Ich mag keine grünen Eier und Schinken, ich mag sie nicht Sam I Am

rubenwardy

GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

sirrobzeroone

by sirrobzeroone » Mon Sep 23, 2019 02:35

Thanks all :)

Was a bit of work to find and sort them but I figure if they are easier to find for people maybe more people will be motivated to use/contribute to the texture packs.

Sadly some I considered "lost" due to changes in licensing eg DokuTest/Craft...I could not find any record anywhere of a permissive license for ver 2.5 and the current license is pretty restrictive. I didn't wish to cause any issues so that one remains buried under two different threads.

It would be good if we could get them all up on the ContentDB but I know some need a fair bit of work to bring them up to 0.5 and many have lost their dedicated owners/converters. Anyways I figured some people might find the wiki before the contentDB. Hmm I should add a link on the textures wiki page to ContentDB (done).

Hopefully @TumeniNodes doesn't mind but I forked Kenney and I'm currently updating it to come up to 0.5 compatibility and adding missing textures as I go. It's slow going as there are a number of MIA textures differences between 0.4 and 0.5 and about 2 years of Minetest and Minetest/game changes.

Edit: Sure if I've missed any texture packs just add them to the wiki or throw them up here and I'll add them no worries.

Steamed_Punk

GitHub: steamed-punk

by Steamed_Punk » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:54

I was pleasantly surprised to see my efforts on your TPI, i guess changing the license came at just the right time.

Thanks for your time and efforts, as i progress with my pages etc i will eventually have a place for links and will definitely link back to you.
The sky is not the limit - It's my playground

TumeniNodes

GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Mon Sep 23, 2019 14:51

sirrobzeroone wrote: Hopefully @TumeniNodes doesn't mind but I forked Kenney and I'm currently updating it to come up to 0.5 compatibility and adding missing textures as I go. It's slow going as there are a number of MIA textures differences between 0.4 and 0.5 and about 2 years of Minetest and Minetest/game changes.

It is licensed for that very purpose. It will be nice to see the progress.
I get distracted and bored with things very easily, which is what happened to this particular pack.
Ich mag keine grünen Eier und Schinken, ich mag sie nicht Sam I Am

sirrobzeroone

by sirrobzeroone » Tue Sep 24, 2019 03:28

TumeniNodes wrote:
sirrobzeroone wrote: Hopefully @TumeniNodes doesn't mind but I forked Kenney and I'm currently updating it to come up to 0.5 compatibility and adding missing textures as I go. It's slow going as there are a number of MIA textures differences between 0.4 and 0.5 and about 2 years of Minetest and Minetest/game changes.

It is licensed for that very purpose. It will be nice to see the progress.
I get distracted and bored with things very easily, which is what happened to this particular pack.

Sounds just like me :)

Return to Texture Packs