[WIP] Graceful 32x (faithful-alike TP based on Minetest textures)

rudzik8
GitHub: rudzik8
In-game: db75c and rudzik8

[WIP] Graceful 32x (faithful-alike TP based on Minetest textures)

by rudzik8 » Post

Hello.

Some time ago (11 months or so?) I've started doing a 32x texturepack, based on default textures of MTG and mods. Yes, just like Faithful did with MC ones. Did it because all of the previous projects on doing this were abandoned and not really usable on daily. And I've named it "Graceful 32x", just to keep that -ful ending in name and don't repeat namings of abandoned minetest-faithful-alike-texturepack attempts.
Drew these textures back then using Windows 7, on Paint.NET. It has some .pdn files I'm obviously not able to open as I'm using Xubuntu with GIMP, but it doesn't matter for now (but psst... if you have working Windows with Paint.NET installed, contact me! We may be able to work together on converting it from .pdn to .xcf!)

There's some work done. Wide mod support, some mods are supported fully (especially the small and easy to draw ones), some aren't. Sadly, not everything from MTG is currently done, so I can't publish this as ready-to-use.
For now I'll send some screenshots of my work here, maybe even some

Hope one day Graceful 32x will become as great for Minetest, as Faithful 32x became for Minecraft.

Thank you for reading. Will answer any questions I can about this pack and how it will look
~ rudzik8

P.S. reddit post
Hello.

Some time ago (9 months or so?) I've started doing a 32x texturepack, based on default textures of MTG and mods. Yes, just like Faithful did with MC ones. Did it because all of the previous projects on doing this were abandoned and not really usable on daily. And I've named it "Graceful 32x", just to keep that -ful ending in name and don't repeat namings of abandoned minetest-faithful-alike-texturepack attempts.
Drew these textures back then using Windows 7, on Paint.NET. Now using Linux Mint 21 Cinnamon and, well, not having any possibility to open these .PDNs (except using Wine, but it only can run 3.x, and I did it on 4.x) and continue work normally.

This texturepack is looking for a maintainer, as you can see from the title. Preferably with Paint.NET installed ofc
At the moment it contains parts of default untouched textures (not everything done). I'm just too lazy to delete all of these (and also having everything in one folder is quite good: just open untouched one and go with it!) or trying to license them properly, so saying out loud: "ALL OF THESE TEXTURES ARE BASED ON EXISTING ONES AND ARE DERIVATIVE WORK MADE FROM DEFAULT ONES". I guess some of them already outdated, so update these and don't forget to license each one properly. CC-BY-SA still applies to this pack, because that's what SA does, so you'll need to attribute me and original authors as well in fork.

Hope one day Graceful 32x will become as great for Minetest, as Faithful 32x became for Minecraft.

Thank you, future maintainer. Will answer any questions I can about this pack
~ rudzik8

P.S. reddit post

NOTE: original post had an zip attachment with incomplete version of this pack
Last edited by rudzik8 on Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:18, edited 2 times in total.
MineClone2 dev and modder and the creator of Voxelgarden (revived) || Codeberg

mtvisitor
IRC: mtvisitor
In-game: mtvisitor

Re: [WIP] Graceful 32x (looking for a maintainer)

by mtvisitor » Post

I will test these graceful texture pack (32x) later.

I will let you know if I have any further questions or comments.

Thank you very much for your help.
Crane Zhou | My mt. world, my mt. dream | No money, no happy.

c56
GitHub: tigercoding56
In-game: bm5 or bemo5 also sell_her_on55

by c56 » Post

could you puplish to cdb ?
this is a signature not a place to post messages also if i could change my username i would change it to sell_her_on55

rudzik8

by rudzik8 » Post

c56 wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 03:28
could you puplish to cdb ?
As I've said, Graceful is incomplete and I won't maintain it in near future (but I may contribute to forks later), so publishing it on CDB is just meaningless

UPD: outdated thing, I'm maintaining it again, don't worry. read the post below V
Last edited by rudzik8 on Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:19, edited 1 time in total.

rudzik8

by rudzik8 » Post

You know what? I decided to drop my game for Minetest GAME JAM 2022 and return to this. And seems like I make some progress.

Using GIMP for this:

Will update the main post for this I guess

UPD: made a quite cute screenshot with torches and other nodes: viewtopic.php?p=417306#p417306