MineToon

User avatar
Gambit
Member
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 19:31
Location: United States

by Gambit » Post

Just to let you guys know, I am making textures for the More Blocks mod right now. I'll get to the Ores some time later. Other mods I'm planning on making texture for is the Flower mod.

At the mean time, I'm expanding on my imagination for a while, hoping to sparks some motivation for mod developers to make new blocks. Such as this fossil block. :D

Image
Current Projects: MineToon | PixelBOX
Gambit's Checkmate Server - 43.65.296.232 - port: 30001

User avatar
neko259
Member
Posts: 805
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 06:51

by neko259 » Post

Can you make textures for my nature mod? I lack bushes and berries, see the forum thread :)
s3tuPDfUv2IyvXHzPmE31MQvnWULv1zj

User avatar
bg_devil
New member
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 14:09

by bg_devil » Post

how can i install it ?

User avatar
sfan5
Moderator
Posts: 3962
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 09:44
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5
Location: Germany

by sfan5 » Post

0.4dev or 0.3.1?
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

User avatar
Gambit
Member
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 19:31
Location: United States

by Gambit » Post

Some more for the More Blocks mod.
Image Image

And of course it's Mr.Dino here.
Image
Current Projects: MineToon | PixelBOX
Gambit's Checkmate Server - 43.65.296.232 - port: 30001

User avatar
Gambit
Member
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 19:31
Location: United States

by Gambit » Post

neko259 wrote:Can you make textures for my nature mod? I lack bushes and berries, see the forum thread :)
I haven't tried that mod yet. I'll have a look through after some cleaning up.
Current Projects: MineToon | PixelBOX
Gambit's Checkmate Server - 43.65.296.232 - port: 30001

User avatar
neko259
Member
Posts: 805
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 06:51

by neko259 » Post

I haven't tried that mod yet. I'll have a look through after some cleaning up.
You can't try bushes mod that needs textures. I can't release it because it needs textures :)
But you can try other mods from nature pack. Thanks.
s3tuPDfUv2IyvXHzPmE31MQvnWULv1zj

User avatar
Gambit
Member
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 19:31
Location: United States

by Gambit » Post

neko259 wrote:
I haven't tried that mod yet. I'll have a look through after some cleaning up.
You can't try bushes mod that needs textures. I can't release it because it needs textures :)
But you can try other mods from nature pack. Thanks.
Your nature mod doesn't wanna work with me, so I'll pass for now. Sorry. :(
Current Projects: MineToon | PixelBOX
Gambit's Checkmate Server - 43.65.296.232 - port: 30001

User avatar
neko259
Member
Posts: 805
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 06:51

by neko259 » Post

Can you tell me what exactly doesn't work? If it has a bug, I have to fix it.
s3tuPDfUv2IyvXHzPmE31MQvnWULv1zj

User avatar
MirceaKitsune
Member
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 22:31
GitHub: MirceaKitsune
IRC: Taoki
In-game: MirceaKitsune
Location: Romania, Bucharest
Contact:

by MirceaKitsune » Post

Wonderful! One of the most artistic texture packs I've seen. Will certainly try it out

User avatar
IPushButton2653
Member
Posts: 666
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 22:47
Location: Mississippi
Contact:

by IPushButton2653 » Post

I'd be much obliged to use Mr. Dino in a simple fossil mod. You mine him to get his bones. Then you can implement the animals mod, and maybe potions, and put animal hide around the bones:
xxx
xox x=skin
xxx o=bones

Then take the outcome (dinosaur body) and craft with a special life potion, and viola! YOU HAVE A DINOSAUR!

User avatar
robert
New member
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 19:46

by robert » Post

VERY nice work.

If you are willing to keep working on it I have some suggestions:
- the water looks bad because the big swirl is too dominant
- please consider changing the MESE texture to something which... well, which doesn´t have "MESE" written on it.
- personally I´d prefer the iron ore to be reddish, but I guess that´s only me
Last edited by robert on Wed Feb 15, 2012 22:05, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
shelbyingram
Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 06:49

by shelbyingram » Post

Can I use ur texture pack and change it up a bit for the new texture pack that I am making?
Minetest is it's own thing, keep it that way!

User avatar
Gambit
Member
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 19:31
Location: United States

by Gambit » Post

neko259 wrote:Can you tell me what exactly doesn't work? If it has a bug, I have to fix it.
I forgot why, I'll check later. What I remember was it wouldn't load the map. Something about the mod itself.
MirceaKitsune wrote:Wonderful! One of the most artistic texture packs I've seen. Will certainly try it out
Why thanks, it's comments like this that keep me motivated. :)
IPushButton2653 wrote:I'd be much obliged to use Mr. Dino in a simple fossil mod. You mine him to get his bones. Then you can implement the animals mod, and maybe potions, and put animal hide around the bones:
xxx
xox x=skin
xxx o=bones

Then take the outcome (dinosaur body) and craft with a special life potion, and viola! YOU HAVE A DINOSAUR!
That sound pretty cool, but my only concern is that it looks like a lot of mod dependency (which I'm not a big fan of).
robert wrote:VERY nice work.

If you are willing to keep working on it I have some suggestions:
- the water looks bad because the big swirl is too dominant
- please consider changing the MESE texture to something which... well, which doesn´t have "MESE" written on it.
- personally I´d prefer the iron ore to be reddish, but I guess that´s only me
Yes, I'm thinking of changing the water too. Some more darker blue with a different pattern of such. But I also planned a fresh water, salt water, etc to help add to the world. The swirl is swirly.

The MESE was a touchy one really. I originally wanted to leave the MESE writing out, but that was pretty early in 0.2 and I didn't want to interfere with the way things were going. So I left it. However, now that more are being added with mods and such, it might be time to really edit it.

The iron wasn't reddish at first because I couldn't get the color right for some reason, but I've gotten better at it. Eventually the iron ore will be reddish again and the old iron texture will be used for the silver ore later on... but we need an official silver.
shelbyingram wrote:Can I use ur texture pack and change it up a bit for the new texture pack that I am making?
Of course, just make sure it's different than what I have, otherwise people might jump on you. They can get pretty mean when they see are copies, even with permission.
Last edited by Gambit on Fri Feb 17, 2012 06:36, edited 1 time in total.
Current Projects: MineToon | PixelBOX
Gambit's Checkmate Server - 43.65.296.232 - port: 30001

User avatar
newvega
New member
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 17:21

by newvega » Post

Hey i just recently found minetest and your texture pack. Your pack makes this game amazing! Thanks so much for making this. Only request is that you could make a lantern texture for the torch for me and my friends? the ceiling torch looks kinda messed up. Thanks again!

User avatar
IPushButton2653
Member
Posts: 666
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 22:47
Location: Mississippi
Contact:

by IPushButton2653 » Post

Gambit wrote:
IPushButton2653 wrote:I'd be much obliged to use Mr. Dino in a simple fossil mod. You mine him to get his bones. Then you can implement the animals mod, and maybe potions, and put animal hide around the bones:
xxx
xox x=skin
xxx o=bones

Then take the outcome (dinosaur body) and craft with a special life potion, and viola! YOU HAVE A DINOSAUR!
That sound pretty cool, but my only concern is that it looks like a lot of mod dependency (which I'm not a big fan of).
I can put it all in one mod. When you kill a dungeon master, you have a 1/10 chance of getting skin. Then you craft it:
xoo x=skin
xxx o=nothing
xox

Then craft bones to get a skeleton:
xoo x=bones
xxx o=nothing
xox

Then craft bones and skin to get a dinosaur:
x x=skin
o o=bones

Then craft a potion from dirt and water in a bucket:
x x=dirt
o o=bucket of water

Then craft the dinosaur with the potion:
x x=dinosaur
o o=potion

Then place it and let it roam free :D

User avatar
IPushButton2653
Member
Posts: 666
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 22:47
Location: Mississippi
Contact:

by IPushButton2653 » Post

Now my textures are gonna suck. But I can get the mod. I don't do high-res textures

User avatar
Gambit
Member
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 19:31
Location: United States

by Gambit » Post

Not sure if dirt and water could be labeled a potion, maybe a MESE block and water could. Everything else sounds great. I like the idea of using DM skin, that could encourage people to hunt them rather than avoid them.

You might have to make a texture for the fossil to fit with the default texture, since my fossil is for the minetoon pack.
Current Projects: MineToon | PixelBOX
Gambit's Checkmate Server - 43.65.296.232 - port: 30001

User avatar
Gatharoth
Member
Posts: 196
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 02:54

by Gatharoth » Post

Gambit wrote:Not sure if dirt and water could be labeled a potion, maybe a MESE block and water could. Everything else sounds great. I like the idea of using DM skin, that could encourage people to hunt them rather than avoid them.

You might have to make a texture for the fossil to fit with the default texture, since my fossil is for the minetoon pack.
IPushButton2653 wrote:Then craft a potion from dirt and water in a bucket:
x x=dirt
o o=bucket of water
Potion:
oMo
MLM
oWo

Finalizing potion
P
B

o = nothing
M = Mese
L = Bucket of lava
W = Bucket of water
P = Potion
B = Bottle (from bottle mod) Or bucket :D

Just thought I would put my idea for the potion crafting :3

User avatar
Gambit
Member
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 19:31
Location: United States

by Gambit » Post

I'm so messed up today, I accidentally post this on some other thread. LOL I think I need a break.

So yeah, a dinosaur egg and a feather.
ImageImage
Current Projects: MineToon | PixelBOX
Gambit's Checkmate Server - 43.65.296.232 - port: 30001

User avatar
IPushButton2653
Member
Posts: 666
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 22:47
Location: Mississippi
Contact:

by IPushButton2653 » Post

Dino egg. Maybe when you breed them you get it? And smelt it for a baby dino ^^ (since the egg would be rather hard)
And these are my official crafting recipes

Skin:
xoo x=dungeon master skin
xxx o=nothing
xox

Then craft bones to get a skeleton:
xoo x=bones
xxx o=nothing
xox

Then craft bones and skin to get a dinosaur:
x x=skin
o o=bones

Then craft a potion:
u u=oerkki dust (from killing an oerkki)
x x=mese
o o=bucket of water

Then craft the dinosaur with the potion:
x x=dinosaur
o o=potion

To make an egg, you would craft the dinosaur body (before crafting it with a potion) surrounded by something:
xxx x=something
xox o=egg
xxx

This is going to be amazing

User avatar
IPushButton2653
Member
Posts: 666
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 22:47
Location: Mississippi
Contact:

by IPushButton2653 » Post

I'm a mad man on a mission. A mission for dinosawrz

User avatar
Lippis
Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 18:50
Location: Suomi

by Lippis » Post

Nice job Gambit! This is like cartoon :D
Started LUA coding again :P

User avatar
INemanjaNedic
Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 23:44

by INemanjaNedic » Post

Awesome Texture Pack Dude! ;)


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube Channel:HERE
My Webiste:HERE
My Texture Pack:HERE

User avatar
RabbiBob
Member
Posts: 335
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 22:40
Location: /teleport 54,47,28
Contact:

by RabbiBob » Post

Just put it in place this morning on my 0.4.x system and showed it to my kids: they love it!

I have an odd issue where grass_side.png isn't a full file and the system falls back to the default image. Could you verify that grass_side.png isn't truncated in the current pack? I re-downloaded the pack a couple of times with the same result (see screenshot):

Image

If someone has a full png for that and could upload so I can save it locally, that would be great.

Thanks,
Bob

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest