MineToon

TheArchitect

by TheArchitect » Post

Thanks, but no thanks. I wold really like to get Gambit's texture pack working.

Gambit

by Gambit » Post

TheArchitect wrote:Not sure if you got my message the first time so I'm gonna try it this way. Right now, I have Minetest 0.4.3 downloaded and your 1.0 texture pack. Before I continue, I just want to let you know that I know your not done with your 2.0 texture pack yet. When I founf your 0.1 texture pack I wanted to get it so I downloaded it, problem was was that I didn't know how to install it. After several hits and misses I found out a way by copying the contents of the Minetoon folders and pasting them in the folders in the Minetest folders. The problem is is that none of the bad guys, rats, fireflys, and even TNT are showing up. I actually opened up the init file on Notepad ++ and found that TNT wasn't there and I couldn't find any of the others as well. If you could help me put that would be wonderful.
From what I can recall, they removed those features you were describing for .4.3.

Don't quote me on that since I've not touched the latest update.

As for me helping you putting them back; sorry, I would if I could but I don't know a lick of c++ or lua or poo. If I did, I would have forked MineTest a long time ago.
Current Projects: MineToon | PixelBOX
Gambit's Checkmate Server - 43.65.296.232 - port: 30001

TheArchitect

by TheArchitect » Post

My mistake there. I'm using 0.4.1. Bit of a typo there.....hehe....sorry.

Mrneomaster12

by Mrneomaster12 » Post

i love you texture pack it is amazing very amazing

Mito551

by Mito551 » Post

Gambit wrote:As for me helping you putting them back; sorry, I would if I could but I don't know a lick of c++ or lua or poo. If I did, I would have forked MineTest a long time ago.

it's really easy to code in lua-modding api celeron have setup. you can learn on the go from the things you need.

but nvmd, just keep working on minetoon 2.0 :)

Mrneomaster12

by Mrneomaster12 » Post

hello i like you texture pack but it has bugs i have the texture pack made new
without bugs can i make it purely to the forum sorry for my bad english

Gambit

by Gambit » Post

Mrneomaster12 wrote:hello i like you texture pack but it has bugs i have the texture pack made new
without bugs can i make it purely to the forum sorry for my bad english
Ummm... ? What?

wingedfox

by wingedfox » Post

hi, I downloaded minetoon 0.4 but the texture pack isn't showing. can someone please tell me how to make it show?

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

wingedfox wrote:hi, I downloaded minetoon 0.4 but the texture pack isn't showing. can someone please tell me how to make it show?
You need to unzip the zip archive and copy all the textures in the sub folders into textures/all/ folder in your Minetest copy. Be sure to put the image directly in the textures/all/ folder without sub folders.

prof-turbo

by prof-turbo » Post

Is minetoon 2.0 availble on the forum?
You should take a look at http://www.xorhub.com

Gambit

by Gambit » Post

prof-turbo wrote:Is minetoon 2.0 availble on the forum?
No, it is not on the forum and will most likely never be here anytime soon. It's my personal texture pack for the time being.

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

It would be nice if you would update it to 0.4.3 or 0.4.4-dev and support all mods of the default game (currently deserts etc. are not supported).
Also it would be better if you just put all textures in one folder so users can easily put them into textures/all/ and dont have to override the default minetest_game.

Gambit

by Gambit » Post

Mito551 wrote:
Gambit wrote:As for me helping you putting them back; sorry, I would if I could but I don't know a lick of c++ or lua or poo. If I did, I would have forked MineTest a long time ago.

it's really easy to code in lua-modding api celeron have setup. you can learn on the go from the things you need.

but nvmd, just keep working on minetoon 2.0 :)
I see no point in learning lua if I can't even test it out properly due to MineTest not working with directx.

And before anyone gripes; opengl will not update on my pc without breaking something.

Iqualfragile

by Iqualfragile » Post

Gambit wrote: I see no point in learning lua if I can't even test it out properly due to MineTest not working with directx.

And before anyone gripes; opengl will not update on my pc without breaking something.
install linux?
Gr8 b8, m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8, I'm str8 ir8. Cr8 more, can't w8. We should convers8, I won't ber8, my number is 8888888, ask for N8. No calls l8 or out of st8. If on a d8, ask K8 to loc8. Even with a full pl8, I always have time to communic8 so don't hesit8.

Gambit

by Gambit » Post

Iqualfragile wrote:
Gambit wrote: I see no point in learning lua if I can't even test it out properly due to MineTest not working with directx.

install linux?
That would mean I have to wipe my entire hard drive which holds the texture pack. I only have one hard drive, and no room for a dual booting. Plus I can't chuck money for hardware.

jordan4ibanez
GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Post

Gambit wrote:
Iqualfragile wrote:

install linux?
That would mean I have to wipe my entire hard drive which holds the texture pack. I only have one hard drive, and no room for a dual booting. Plus I can't chuck money for hardware.
get 64gb or 24 gb usb drive, install lubuntu on it, profit!
Last edited by jordan4ibanez on Mon Dec 03, 2012 21:23, edited 1 time in total.
hello, am program. do language in rust. make computer do. okay i go now.

tux_peng

by tux_peng » Post

Gambit wrote:
Iqualfragile wrote:

install linux?
VirtualBox or Wubi?

Minetoons Mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/?kdy6420c81t14y6 (just stick 'all' in ~/.minetest/textures)
Servers now up (Economy, no PvP) Forum up already! http://tuxcraft.info

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

Gambit wrote:
Iqualfragile wrote:

install linux?
Actually, what bits is you PC? (32, 64) Because WUBI can run Linux with dual-booting and can be removed from Add / Remove Programs. This does not create a partition, this does not create a broken boot file -- it uses the Windows one.
Last edited by Jordach on Sat Dec 08, 2012 09:53, edited 1 time in total.

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

If you have a good CPU/GPU (with HW virtualization support) you could try VirtualBox, Minetest is playable in VirtualBox (as long as you've enabled 3D acceleration).

Or, back up your pack to an USB stick (a 8GB one costs like 10 euros). ;)

Mito551

by Mito551 » Post

i suspect he has mac, i may be wrong.
Last edited by Mito551 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:18, edited 1 time in total.

tux_peng

by tux_peng » Post

You can still run VBox on a mac, its what I did before I built a computer for linux
Servers now up (Economy, no PvP) Forum up already! http://tuxcraft.info

xmagicx60

by xmagicx60 » Post

Make the top of grass block a bit darker and more noisy? Otherwise, EPIC

This from a fan of Sphax' Pure BD Craft

by 2232 » Post

I tried it on 4.4, and NOTHING is happening. Im guessing 4.4 isnt supported?
"I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun..."
-Shake Me Down by Cage The Elephant

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

To make a texture pack work, I used to select all the individual .png files in the extracted texture pack, copy them and then paste them in this folder:

/home/2232/celeron55-minetest-4502911-copy1/textures/all

There's already one file in it, called: textures_here.txt

by 2232 » Post

Topywo wrote:To make a texture pack work, I used to select all the individual .png files in the extracted texture pack, copy them and then paste them in this folder:

/home/2232/celeron55-minetest-4502911-copy1/textures/all

There's already one file in it, called: textures_here.txt
Ok. I think I might just stick to the normal minetest.....
"I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun..."
-Shake Me Down by Cage The Elephant