Mito551

by Mito551 » Post

*rage drumroll*

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

Ginsu23 wrote:I love these textures, Sphax, but there were a few I didn't love so much. Mainly the lava and desert stone. I made a few edits for personal use and thought other people might like to see them. The changes I made are:

Mese is now black
Added a full set of mese(black) and diamond tools (except hoes)
Deleted the lava texture
Recolored desert stone to a burnt sienna color and added texturing to make it more stoney
Darkened the tree wood

Here's the link for the download, credit goes to Sphax, of course.

http://www.4shared.com/archive/k3qwFT8G ... nsu23.html

Hope you guys enjoy it!
Sorry but according to the license you can't make change textures slightly and release them. I know you mean well, but I don't think that sphax allows that. :/
Back from the dead!

ashenk69

by ashenk69 » Post

Evergreen wrote:Sorry but according to the license you can't make change textures slightly and release them. I know you mean well, but I don't think that sphax allows that. :/
You are correct, as much as it pains to say but the main pack can't be edited and released by anyone other than Sphax.

@Ginsu23
If you want to do some BDCraft texturing, you can create some texture patches for mods. These would still have to be released through bdcraft.net's forum but that is a fairly simple task.

ashenk69

by ashenk69 » Post

bdcraft.net just updated to a new forum so the link's in the main post have been updated to the new addresses.

Ginsu23

by Ginsu23 » Post

I didn't think of the license. I deleted my post.

ashenk69

by ashenk69 » Post

Ginsu23 wrote:I didn't think of the license. I deleted my post.
Its alright. I know the license can be rather annoying at times.

ashenk69

by ashenk69 » Post

Update

Technic: UI textures for 0.4.6 version. Will work on textures for lights, framed glass, new machines, new blocks, UI textures, and anything else that needs updating.

I'm also going to investigate the game version of Technic to check if there are any differences

ashenk69

by ashenk69 » Post

Update

Technic: Added textures for solar panel, cnc machine, HV wires, HV battery box, and framed glass. Haven't completed the light textures, but the one that is done I am trying to make the others look like that. I am also trying to figure out what the HV machines are going to look like. I try to keep a progressing looking theme that is consistent over the items and machines.

I looked into the GUI's for the chests and the way RBA has them setup makes it really difficult for texture packs. He uses one texture for all the backgrounds which makes a divided background very difficult. I might have to change how I have the UI textures or if he is able to create a separate background texture for each chest.

issa

by issa » Post

canu make a one full pack with all texture please

ashenk69

by ashenk69 » Post

issa wrote:canu make a one full pack with all texture please
I'm not sure I undstand what you mean by a full pack.

Chinchow

by Chinchow » Post

ashenk69 wrote:
I believe issa means a single download with all the files
Sometimes, it's harder to think up a mod than it is to create it.
Mods: Orichalcum Stonebricks Extra Chests

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Post

I agree... I hate having to download so many different files.
Chinchow wrote:
ashenk69 wrote:
I believe issa means a single download with all the files
Some Mods: Castles Prefab Camouflage
My Games: Nostalgia Realtest Revamped
Servers: See above games.

ashenk69

by ashenk69 » Post

I think that you all are talking about making a gamepack. That isn't really that difficult since most are just combining packs that are already done. However those do take a while to do. I'm also not the only one who can work on these. All you need to do is create an account on bdcraft and then post a topic in the TestBDCraft section of the site with the download for the pack.

ashenk69

by ashenk69 » Post

Added a section in the main post for how to create patches for TestBDCraft and also some helpful tips.

ashenk69

by ashenk69 » Post

I finally decided to write my own batch file and scheme script to resize patches easily. This let me easily resize some of the larger patches to 256x versions. Some of the ones that are now also 256x are Technic, Pipeworks, and Farming. I also added the resolution to the zip files so it is consistent and easier to know what resolution you downloaded.

ashenk69

by ashenk69 » Post

Update:

Technic - Fixed node breaker's texture to correct orientation

Moretrees - Added rubber tree textures for empty and full

Mito551

by Mito551 » Post

when there will be an update for 0.4.7?

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

Sphax says he is working on it, and ashenk says it is almost done, but it is taking quite a while.
Back from the dead!

ashenk69

by ashenk69 » Post

Mito551 wrote:when there will be an update for 0.4.7?
I wish I could more information on the release but this is a side project for Sphax. That means that it is lower on his list of to-dos. The main thing that he has been working on lately is the update to minecraft 1.6.

ashenk69

by ashenk69 » Post

Update:

Better Hud by Blockmen supported. It says 128x but it is really only one resolution that needs support.

leo_rockway

by leo_rockway » Post

I see you guys mentioned the license's limitations before, but I'm utterly confused.

On the one hand I see this on the website: "Note: By downloading and/or using BDcraft texturepacks, you agree&validate the associated license." which points to an explanation of CC-BY-NC-ND. Yet, at the bottom of the page I also see this: "All the content of this site (text, pictures and downloadable files) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License" (it doesn't say anything about NC-ND, yet the link points to the same CC-BY-NC-ND explanation).

I'm under the impression that there's a mistake with the text at the bottom... which makes this texture pack CC-BY and not CC-BY-NC-ND.
Try Skyblock for MineClone 2
Listen to this sound and music pack!

ashenk69

by ashenk69 » Post

I guess it is a little confusing that the site's content is under a CC-BY and the texture pack is not. The reason his is still valid though is that he does have a disclaimer on the download page for his TP.
Note: By downloading and/or using BDcraft texturepacks, you agree&validate the associated license.
This excludes the TP from the sites general license and uses CC-BY-NC-ND instead. This is why things like mod patches can be uploaded on the site and require attributing to the owner when used by others.

ashenk69

by ashenk69 » Post

Update:

Support for Blockmen's Door mod, Pilzadam's Throwing mod, and Xpanes.

ashenk69

by ashenk69 » Post

Update:

Edited the original post to include a link to the patch downloader. This will allow you to now choose which patches you want to download and at the chosen resolution. The download is a single zip file instead of a dozen separate ones. This can then be extracted directly into minetest's "/textures/all" directory.

u34

by u34 » Post

ashenk69 wrote:Update:

... This can then be extracted directly into minetest's "/textures/all" directory.
Attention:
with latest dev-version and coming 0.4.8 version...
... there will be the all folder history...

more .... viewtopic.php?pid=103752#p103752