Minetest Natural Beauty Texure Pack

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

Neuromancer wrote:
RealBadAngel wrote:
Neuromancer wrote: Right, I was just saying the waving is cool, not that I want that speeded up. I just thought it might be easy to convert some of the code in the plantslib mod to C++, since terrains rich with plants rely heavilly on plantslib code, running it over and over again.
hmmmz, lately even trees were moved back to lua, i dont think that request of moving plantslib into core could have any chance for succes
EDIT: please do note that waving is just in node definition. Once its defined and placed in the world, Lua has nothing to do with it. It just waves. Only thing that could be done to make it faster overall is: a) making spawning/growing code faster (which is non shaders dependent b) once you have really zillions of plants, buyin better GPU ;)
I don't think buying a better gpu is a good answer. I'm not suggesting that content such as individual plants and trees be added to the engine. What I'm suggesting is that the infrastructure (spawing algorythms etc.) are added to the engine so they work faster.
Buyin a GPU is an answer, but for shaders working faster.
About spawning things in the engine im afraid its not my playground.

But i have to repeat once again. Once thingy is spawned, it doesnt matter its done by engine or lua.
Speed (FPS) will depend only on how fast ur GPU is.

Mossmanikin

by Mossmanikin » Post

Great pack you got here, Neuro. Added the dryplants and grass textures to the grasses/dryplants mod (except default_grass_footsteps.png and dryplants_reedmace_water.png).
Nice how the textures add realism on one hand and remind of the old textures by celeron55 on the other hand.

Noob 4 life!
My stuff

Neuromancer
GitHub: Neuromancer56

by Neuromancer » Post

Mossmanikin wrote:Great pack you got here, Neuro. Added the dryplants and grass textures to the grasses/dryplants mod (except default_grass_footsteps.png and dryplants_reedmace_water.png).
Nice how the textures add realism on one hand and remind of the old textures by celeron55 on the other hand.
Awesome! I was hoping you would add them. Glad to see you are back!

Neuromancer

by Neuromancer » Post

I'm working on flower textures.

I have one that has potential, but it looks a lot better from far away that from up close. If anyone wants to take a crack at making it look better. have at it.

Mossmanikin

by Mossmanikin » Post

Neuromancer wrote:Awesome! I was hoping you would add them. Glad to see you are back!
Normally I would've asked if it was ok. But after what you said here and how we worked together I just felt like doin it. ;)
Thanks for your welcome back. :)

Noob 4 life!
My stuff

Neuromancer

by Neuromancer » Post

I've been playing around with and adding a bunch of new textures.

The wood & fence is interesting, I started with a really light, fresh cut wood but then went with a much darker more weathered look. I like the stone, stone bricks, and cobble individually, but they don't exactly go perfect with each other.

I'd like to hear your opinions on the direction I'm taking these textures.
Last edited by Neuromancer on Wed Dec 25, 2013 03:19, edited 1 time in total.

Mossmanikin

by Mossmanikin » Post

Neuromancer wrote:I've been playing around with and adding a bunch of new textures.

The wood & fence is interesting, I started with a really light, fresh cut wood but then went with a much darker more weathered look. I like the stone, stone bricks, and cobble individually, but they don't exactly go perfect with each other.

Luv the brick texture, like the choice of colours in general.

I'm not a big fan of minetest's cobble texture, personally prefer dark spaces between the cobblestones.
Wouldn't change the stone texture, maybe make the stone bricks a bit darker.

Noob 4 life!
My stuff

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Neuromancer wrote:
RealBadAngel wrote:Some screenshots with upcoming autogenerating normal maps feature of shaders:
http://i.imgur.com/EALLC1S.png
http://i.imgur.com/c3w7siA.png
http://i.imgur.com/ban4Tg3.png
I have to admit these look really nice and don't have a shiny or glossy look. Though where I had the issue was with the grasses in the Eden game. Nice that you can autogenerate the "normal maps". What I really bow down to you for is the waving shaders in Eden. That is just insanely good! You add all the really awesome features to minetest.
Is there a way that this feature can be tested? How is progress on it?

Neuromancer

by Neuromancer » Post

Mossmanikin wrote:
Neuromancer wrote:I've been playing around with and adding a bunch of new textures.

Luv the brick texture, like the choice of colours in general.

I'm not a big fan of minetest's cobble texture, personally prefer dark spaces between the cobblestones.
Wouldn't change the stone texture, maybe make the stone bricks a bit darker.
Thanks for your suggestions! I changed the cobble as you suggested and made the spaces between the cobblestones darker.

Neuromancer

by Neuromancer » Post

I have created an alternate experimental version of this texture pack. In some ways it looks better than this one. The textures are much lighter. If you want to use it, copy the Natural beauty standard texture pack ( the first link in the orignal post) because it has all the textures, and then copy the files from the following link over top of them (these are the experimental textures that are different).
https://github.com/Neuromancer56/Natura ... master.zip

A good way to see these different textures in action is to use a pre-built village, such as one found in the map/world called DesDes:
viewtopic.php?id=1941

Please let me know which one you prefer and why! I'm really starting to like the light wood in DesDes.

Neuromancer

by Neuromancer » Post

I took Brane Praefect's cobble shape and re-did the colors by hand. It looks awesome. almost 3-d from far away.
Also tweaked gravel.
Last edited by Neuromancer on Mon Dec 30, 2013 03:39, edited 1 time in total.

Neuromancer

Re: Minetest Natural Beauty Texure Pack

by Neuromancer » Post

New textures added:
All wool varieties.
Changed brick and glass.

Enke
GitHub: NANOsoldierEnke
IRC: Enke
In-game: Enke

by Enke » Post

This pack is reeeeeeeally pretty. Wish I could make ones like these. ;-)
Lush8
ExtraVars for Red Eclipse

<Anarchid> my turn was still the most awesome, yielding all the cripples, two captured paranormals, and death rate of about 30%
<ORCACommander> Anarchid: you need to work harder
<ORCACommander> I am hereby putting you under review until you can increase the casualty rate

DoctorBurak
GitHub: DoctorBurak
IRC: DoctorBurak
In-game: DoctorBurak

by DoctorBurak » Post

A very realistic texture pack into the hands of great health I felt like using shader pack :)