Vote for default textures

newvega

by newvega » Post

Personally, I love the mintoon pack. but i would keep the default textures. Their super easy to change.

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

I like the current default textures best.

I actually use a texture pack containing all the default textures to override custom texture packs used on some other servers.
Jeija wrote:I don't really care about what texture pack it will be in the end... Just one thing:
KEEP MESE!
It's the best joke of the game, if it looks like diamonds it would be quite unlogical (also mese sword, mese tools and mesecons would be nonsense).
Of course you can draw it in a different way, but keep it yellow! Also keep the word mese, please. :D
Also, this. Is it too late to get mese changed back before the next stable release?

Menche
IRC: Menchers
In-game: Menche

by Menche » Post

This is a really old thread, it was about changing the old textures that are used in minimal now. The result was changing them to cisouns, which is what is used in minetest_game now.

But I agree, I really want mese back as it was. I don't mind having a dense mese block and mese fragments, but the yellow block with "mese" scrawled on it has been in minetest for eons. Keep the block and fragments and replace the silly crystals with normal mese and I'll be happy.
An innocent kitten dies every time you top-post.

Josh

by Josh » Post

Menche: To be honest, yes mese should be kept like it was. I think you should get a lump then smelt that into an ingot.
Mese crystals just sounds....unright.

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

Agreed Josh.
Taking a break for a while see ya guys!

In some of my posts I will be putting "Secret" White sentences.. Tell me if you see them!!! :D

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

yeah but mese is special
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

Menche wrote:This is a really old thread, it was about changing the old textures that are used in minimal now. The result was changing them to cisouns, which is what is used in minetest_game now.
Oops. I don't visit this section of the forum that often, and for some reason, this looked like a fresh topic.

Jeija's comment must have been about that tan version of mese then, not the new crystals. My bad.

So this is over, and we're keeping the keeping the textures we have now? Awesome.
jojoa1997 wrote:yeah but mese is special
Mese WAS special, until it was changed into a crystal.

Mese is only special in it's original form, and only because of it's history and sentimental value. As a crystal/ore, it is meaningless. We might as well turn poptart cats into an ore too.

In fact .... I think I'll do that when I have time, just to see if anyone jumps on THAT bandwagon. Mine will be a plugin though, not a pull request, so it won't alter the flow of Minetest development. Rainbow ore will of course also be included.

sdzen

by sdzen » Post

If people could please stop posting to this? the thread is completely irrelevant now and in fact should be deleted.

Zen S.D.

The next generation of tranquility!
malheureusement mon français n'est pas bon :<
Owner of the Zelo's
In game name: MuadTralk, spdtainted, sdzen, sd zen, sdzeno