Daily and Stable - both at once?

User avatar
GreenDimond
Member
 
Posts: 1171
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 01:26
Location: {x=0,y=0,z=0}
GitHub: GreenXenith
IRC: GreenDimond
In-game: GreenDimond

Daily and Stable - both at once?

by GreenDimond » Wed Dec 07, 2016 02:16

Hello!
I have recently taken interest in trying the daily builds. I want to try them, but I also want to keep the stable. If I add a new repository (daily instead of stable) and use the apt-get install minetestc55 (I am using Xubuntu), I am assuming that it will replace the stable build (if not let me know).
Is there a way to have both the stable and daily at once on my system?
Thanks!
-Green
My YuTube channel | I moderate the HOMETOWN Server. | Click here to see my (6) mods! ~Using gradient signatures since 2017. ✂️- - - - -
 

User avatar
rubenwardy
Moderator
 
Posts: 5457
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 18:11
Location: United Kingdom
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

Re: Daily and Stable - both at once?

by rubenwardy » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:05

You can use the one line build command to build it yourself - the daily build will then just be in a folder in home rather than system wide.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3837

If you use the version which is not run in place / not portable it'll also use the same files. Make sure you remove the sudo make install command
 

User avatar
GreenDimond
Member
 
Posts: 1171
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 01:26
Location: {x=0,y=0,z=0}
GitHub: GreenXenith
IRC: GreenDimond
In-game: GreenDimond

Re: Daily and Stable - both at once?

by GreenDimond » Wed Dec 07, 2016 16:29

rubenwardy wrote:Make sure you remove the sudo make install command


What does that mean?

EDIT: Nevermind I think I found it.
My YuTube channel | I moderate the HOMETOWN Server. | Click here to see my (6) mods! ~Using gradient signatures since 2017. ✂️- - - - -
 

User avatar
GreenDimond
Member
 
Posts: 1171
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 01:26
Location: {x=0,y=0,z=0}
GitHub: GreenXenith
IRC: GreenDimond
In-game: GreenDimond

Re: Daily and Stable - both at once?

by GreenDimond » Wed Dec 07, 2016 16:57

It worked! Thanks!
Here is full code:
Code: Select all
sudo apt-get install -y git build-essential libirrlicht-dev libgettextpo0 libfreetype6-dev cmake libbz2-dev libpng12-dev libjpeg8-dev libxxf86vm-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libsqlite3-dev libogg-dev libvorbis-dev libopenal-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libluajit-5.1-dev liblua5.1-0-dev libleveldb-dev; cd; git clone https://github.com/minetest/minetest.git; cd minetest/games; git clone https://github.com/minetest/minetest_game.git; cd ..; cmake . -DENABLE_GETTEXT=1 -DENABLE_FREETYPE=1 -DENABLE_LEVELDB=1; make -j$(nproc); minetest; echo -e "\n\n\e[1;33mYou can run Minetest again by typing \"minetest\" in a terminal or selecting it in an applications menu.\nYou can install mods in ~/.minetest/mods, too.\e[0m"


Now do I have to run this every time I want to try a new daily build?
My YuTube channel | I moderate the HOMETOWN Server. | Click here to see my (6) mods! ~Using gradient signatures since 2017. ✂️- - - - -
 

User avatar
rubenwardy
Moderator
 
Posts: 5457
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 18:11
Location: United Kingdom
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

Re: Daily and Stable - both at once?

by rubenwardy » Wed Dec 07, 2016 17:01

GreenDimond wrote:It worked! Thanks!
Here is full code:
Code: Select all
sudo apt-get install -y git build-essential libirrlicht-dev libgettextpo0 libfreetype6-dev cmake libbz2-dev libpng12-dev libjpeg8-dev libxxf86vm-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libsqlite3-dev libogg-dev libvorbis-dev libopenal-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libluajit-5.1-dev liblua5.1-0-dev libleveldb-dev; cd; git clone https://github.com/minetest/minetest.git; cd minetest/games; git clone https://github.com/minetest/minetest_game.git; cd ..; cmake . -DENABLE_GETTEXT=1 -DENABLE_FREETYPE=1 -DENABLE_LEVELDB=1; make -j$(nproc); minetest; echo -e "\n\n\e[1;33mYou can run Minetest again by typing \"minetest\" in a terminal or selecting it in an applications menu.\nYou can install mods in ~/.minetest/mods, too.\e[0m"


Now do I have to run this every time I want to try a new daily build?


You just have to run this:

Code: Select all
git pull origin master && make -j$(nproc)
 

User avatar
SuperPantsofDoom
Member
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 00:10
In-game: aslar

Re: Daily and Stable - both at once?

by SuperPantsofDoom » Sat Dec 10, 2016 16:43

I curious: what is the daily build and where can i find it?
 

User avatar
MineYoshi
Member
 
Posts: 5353
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 13:20

Re: Daily and Stable - both at once?

by MineYoshi » Sat Dec 10, 2016 19:49

SuperPantsofDoom wrote:I curious: what is the daily build and where can i find it?

A daily build is simply-ish a version of Minetest with new changes, but the thing is that is unstable and sometimes can crash if there is an error. (not everytime).
Depending on your Operative System you can get them in this area of the forum.

For Windows 64-32 Bit
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1523&start=550
OSX
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=9190&start=250
Android
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=12169&start=25
Linux(Debian/Ubuntu)
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=3837
nire patata zurea da, kide :-)
 

User avatar
GreenDimond
Member
 
Posts: 1171
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 01:26
Location: {x=0,y=0,z=0}
GitHub: GreenXenith
IRC: GreenDimond
In-game: GreenDimond

Re: Daily and Stable - both at once?

by GreenDimond » Wed Dec 14, 2016 00:40

rubenwardy wrote:
GreenDimond wrote:It worked! Thanks!
Here is full code:
Code: Select all
sudo apt-get install -y git build-essential libirrlicht-dev libgettextpo0 libfreetype6-dev cmake libbz2-dev libpng12-dev libjpeg8-dev libxxf86vm-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libsqlite3-dev libogg-dev libvorbis-dev libopenal-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libluajit-5.1-dev liblua5.1-0-dev libleveldb-dev; cd; git clone https://github.com/minetest/minetest.git; cd minetest/games; git clone https://github.com/minetest/minetest_game.git; cd ..; cmake . -DENABLE_GETTEXT=1 -DENABLE_FREETYPE=1 -DENABLE_LEVELDB=1; make -j$(nproc); minetest; echo -e "\n\n\e[1;33mYou can run Minetest again by typing \"minetest\" in a terminal or selecting it in an applications menu.\nYou can install mods in ~/.minetest/mods, too.\e[0m"


Now do I have to run this every time I want to try a new daily build?


You just have to run this:

Code: Select all
git pull origin master && make -j$(nproc)


Tried that. Didn't work. What exactly do I type???
My YuTube channel | I moderate the HOMETOWN Server. | Click here to see my (6) mods! ~Using gradient signatures since 2017. ✂️- - - - -
 

User avatar
GreenDimond
Member
 
Posts: 1171
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 01:26
Location: {x=0,y=0,z=0}
GitHub: GreenXenith
IRC: GreenDimond
In-game: GreenDimond

Re: Daily and Stable - both at once?

by GreenDimond » Sat Dec 31, 2016 06:28

[DELETED POST]
My YuTube channel | I moderate the HOMETOWN Server. | Click here to see my (6) mods! ~Using gradient signatures since 2017. ✂️- - - - -
 


Return to Builds



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest