REQUEST: Windows 8.1 build WITH support of IMEs

mnh48
GitHub: mnh48
IRC: MNH48
In-game: mnh48

REQUEST: Windows 8.1 build WITH support of IMEs

by mnh48 » Post

I've been playing Minetest on my Android phone & brother's tablet for a long time and never had issue with writing Chinese and Japanese texts.

Since I've just got back my laptop from repair, I've tried to run the Windows build but it seems that the IMEs for Japanese and Chinese are not even working in chats, I've tried all 3 versions of the official release (64-bit, 32-bit MSVC, 32-bit MINGW) and sfan5's build but it's still the same. This essentially means I can't write any Japanese and Chinese text into chat but that's kind of important as many of my Japanese friends can't understand English and they can't read romanized Japanese as they can't read any of the alphabets too (because they are young, English is only taught from grade 5 in Japan)... Copy-pasting texts from notepad into game caused rubbish characters.

I didn't try in Linux-environment yet because the repair has had hard disk replaced, old systems (Ubuntu running alongside Windows 10) are gone and I need to take very long time to reinstall Linux back into my laptop (it takes time because the complete image is very big for my 1Mbps ADSL connection)

So, I'm requesting a Windows build for use in Windows 8.1 WITH support of IMEs so I could continue what I've been playing on phone to this laptop, especially because I get better FPS on laptop compared to the phone.

IMEs tested: Microsoft IME (Japanese, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional), Google IME (Japanese, Chinese). All failed.

I don't mind 32 or 64 bit Minetest, I'm running 64-bit version of Windows 8.1

mnh48
GitHub: mnh48
IRC: MNH48
In-game: mnh48

Re: REQUEST: Windows 8.1 build WITH support of IMEs

by mnh48 » Post

Here's an image of me trying to copy pasting test word in Japanese from Notepad to Minetest... it shows garbage letters

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

Re: REQUEST: Windows 8.1 build WITH support of IMEs

by sfan5 » Post

Providing such a build is rather problematic as neither Minetest nor Irrlicht are laid out to work to work with IMEs.
Having an Android-like input dialog on Windows would be possible but not very elegant.
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)