[Android] stu's unofficial android builds [5.0.0-dev]

wziard

Re: [Android] stu's unofficial android builds [5.0.0-dev]

by wziard » Mon Jan 14, 2019 06:54

I can't toggle any setting in the advanced settings in this version. Tried on a Motorola G5.

Even connected an external mouse and keyboard, but no luck. With some trying I can expand the + signs, but clicking on an individual setting doesn't do anything.

zing269

by zing269 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 01:04

wziard wrote:I can't toggle any setting in the advanced settings in this version. Tried on a Motorola G5.

Even connected an external mouse and keyboard, but no luck. With some trying I can expand the + signs, but clicking on an individual setting doesn't do anything.

After you select the setting you then need to click the Edit button.

wziard

by wziard » Wed Jan 16, 2019 09:26

zing269 wrote:After you select the setting you then need to click the Edit button.

Ah, that does the trick. It's very counter-intuitive though. You'd expect a tap, or maybe long-press, to make it go into edit mode.

Also it's extremely hard to hit the + signs with a finger on the touch screen (on an average size phone). I have to click *left* of the plus sign or exactly on it, to make it open. It would be more logical if clicking on the text would expand it as well.

So some usability tweaking seems in order :-) though it's probably more of an irrlicht problem than a minetest problem.

Still it works very nicely on my moto G5.

the 3D graphics modes don't all work though. I wanted to try side-by-side mode in my el-cheapo cardboard-vr but no dice.
-Anaglyph 3d works as expected.
-Interlaced 3d leaves the top half of the screen greyish and draws a squashed image in the bottom half.
-Top-bottom mode creates a black screen, except for the topmost line of pixels, which is white.
-Side-by-side mode creates a black screen, except for the leftmost line of pixels, which looks like it *does* get rendered to. If I sweep on the screen it looks like a single column of pixels is rendered correctly 0in the leftmost position.

stu

GitHub: stujones11

by stu » Wed Jan 16, 2019 20:03

Build updated to: 3fce27e

wziard wrote:the 3D graphics modes don't all work though. I wanted to try side-by-side mode in my el-cheapo cardboard-vr but no dice

There is an open issue for this and it is something I intend to look into when I get time. Cardboard-vr is something I would like to get working now that I have a suitable phone, though it is unlikely to be done before MT 5.0.0 (unless someone else fixes it)

Thank you everyone for your feedback, please remember to report any non-installation related problems on the Minetest github issue tracker as they are unlikely to get much attention from the developers here.

RajMahal

by RajMahal » Thu Jan 17, 2019 03:35

___ Checking_apk 5.0.dev_ _connect_ to _&_play_lan_Windows_ or _Linux_ _server_

*in-process*
+ Spoiler
Last edited by RajMahal on Tue May 14, 2019 13:54, edited 101 times in total.

jas

GitHub: jastevenson303
IRC: jas_
In-game: jas

Previous

Return to Builds