I got some minor advice to avoid 'minetest_game' as it was called out-dated. IMHO a poor misunderstanding.
A reasonable bundle of the 'minetest_game' with compatible modification packages
Enjoying the Minetest (MT)
game by local MacPorts build
and/or Neoascetic's builds
on Mac OS X
with a local server
and several modifications
There are many official and inofficial MT server available on the Internet. Several server provide a specific game experience by certain game models both quite advanced and different from the default.
However, without questioning anyone's competence or any high ambitions, we at home have just a local dedicated MT 5.0.1 server running 24/7 on macOS 10.12.6 with 16 GB RAM on standard Mac mini hardware and until today are not aware of such issues. Most of the time we as a family with many kids of all ages were enjoying a fruitful and more peaceful game based on the 'minetest_game' by help of Neoascetic's builds
with mod additions since 0.4.15 or earlier in a similar way.
N.B. Obviously, the below listed mods can be applied to any MT client and any MT server on any OS of your liking.
Currently, we are enjoying a LAN distributed MT 5.0.1 game with certainly the default 'minetest_game' and the following mods in the applicable game mods folder of the central MT server:
- the bakedclay mod
- the boats mod (redo, improved version)
- the bonemeal mod
- the carts mod (redo, improved version)
- the [url=https://%20/craftguide]craftguide[/url] mod
- the doors mod (redo, improved version)
- the ethereal mod, game package (see the forum topic)
- the farming mod a.k.a. farming_redo (redo, improved version)
- the hud_hunger modpack
- the intllib-20180811 mod (Internationalization Mod by @kaeza, see the Readme on GitHub)
- the lucky_block mod
- the minetest-3d_armor-version-0.4.13 (ZIP-file) player's Armor mod (see the forum topic)
- the mob_horse modpack (depends on mobs_redo)
- the mobs_animal modpack (depends on mobs_redo)
- the mobs_monster modpack (depends on mobs_redo)
- the mobs_redo modpack, meta package (see the forum topic)
- the moreores mod
- the pie mod
- the protector mod
- the signs_lib mod
- the toolranks mod
For good reasons most mods are picked from the TenPlus1 mod repository at NotABug
for avoiding compatibility issues. Please note:
- Ethereal NG (next-generation) brings many new biomes to Minetest as well as a host of new items and features that spice up gameplay and give players that little something extra to look for while exploring the world. Make sure you are using Minetest 0.4.16+ and start a new world (anything but v6), then enable 'Ethereal' in the mods list of the applicable world.mt file.
- The 'Doors Redo' mod overrides the default doors and provides a key tool that can be used on any registered door that will switch between open, locked, protected status. This means that even wooden, glass and sakura doors can be locked or protected by the user.
- The 'Protector Redo' mod has separate protected doors in case 'doors redo' isn't in use.
Keep it running, keep it simple...