Let me build MT for iOS!!

Joseph16
In-game: smb3

Let me build MT for iOS!!

by Joseph16 » Post

I have been trying for weeks now to build minetest for iOS but at every turn someone stops me. Last time my post even got deleted for Lord knows why. So, I would really, really, really like it if someone could tell me or link me the resources to compile a latest version of minetest as an iphone app. It is possible. There are countless clones on the app store and they are all identical, so I know there is some standard way to do it. I need to compile and add screen buttons. Now, don't give me all that stuff regarding licensing and how it can't be on the app store. I'm building this for personal use. Thancc!
Testin' mines since 1989

Joseph16
In-game: smb3

Re: Let me build MT for iOS!!

by Joseph16 » Post

Ook, I guess I won't be getting that.
Testin' mines since 1989

texmex
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: tacotexmex

Re: Let me build MT for iOS!!

by texmex » Post

Hello! I remember wroting in this thread before the forum crash so that's all gone now but again, look into the code of MultiCraft, it's a commercial fork based on Minetest for iOS and Android, but with the source still available: https://github.com/MultiCraftProject/MultiCraft/

The code at glance seem to suggest that some code patching is needed for it to run on iOS but evidently it works fine. If you're able to apply these patches back to the Minetest code project you should be good to go.