[Android] Builds for ARM, x86 and MIPS

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

Re: Android Builds (ARM, x86, MIPS)

by Sokomine » Post

ExeterDad wrote: For giggles I went to VanessaE's nearly Vanilla server that was offered in the main menu. Pretty much made a fool of myself as FPS were @ 1. Waiting for it to load while reading signs didn't seem to help either. Couldn't even leave the spawn building to poke around it was so hard to move.
That's a known problem around spawn at VE Vanilla. Join IRC with your desktop, tell about your problem and ask a moderator to "rescue" you from the spawn area. A few meters (20-30) may already be enough to get the android build into a working condition again on VE Vanilla.

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

VanessaE's "almost vanilla" server is far from vanilla... to be more precise that server does heavyly use signs_lib which is a major performance issue for android devices. It's in there because I try to improve performance for those hardcore scenarios. Well I got a little bit but it's not enough.

MoNTE48
GitHub: MoNTE48
In-game: MoNTE48

by MoNTE48 » Post

What buttons on the right? They are compressed?

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

Martin_Devil wrote:What buttons on the right? They are compressed?
The jump/fly button is on the lower right. Looks like a squashed bullseye. If that is the button you are asking about.

MoNTE48

by MoNTE48 » Post

ExeterDad wrote:
Martin_Devil wrote:What buttons on the right? They are compressed?
The jump/fly button is on the lower right. Looks like a squashed bullseye. If that is the button you are asking about.
Yes. This is bad images. Please, fix this!

MoNTE48

by MoNTE48 » Post

I can test this apps on my SmartQ Z Watch (MIPS).
1x1Ghz, 512 MB RAM
Unpack: all work!
Game menu... All work... small...
Games: LoL, game loading and apps closed.

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

Martin_Devil, as you're trying to run a arm version on mips I'm suprised you got that for ;-) I'm gonna provide a mips build for you to test soon

MoNTE48

by MoNTE48 » Post

sapier wrote:Martin_Devil, as you're trying to run a arm version on mips I'm suprised you got that for ;-) I'm gonna provide a mips build for you to test soon
Thank you!
Another error: camera too chustvitelna and fast! There is an opportunity to turn the world upside down. Jump button and flight terrible, inventory low. The inventory and menu by approximately 20% more than you need!
On my watch (mips) screen 128*128 px, 140 dpi, LoL!)

MoNTE48

by MoNTE48 » Post

And sapier, you can add faq to build your port on github?
And you can go to minetest 0.4.9.3? 0.4.1 very old :( , i think.

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

Martin_Devil wrote:And sapier, you can add faq to build your port on github?
And you can go to minetest 0.4.9.3? 0.4.1 very old :( , i think.
Minetest-release_20140613.apk this sounds up-to-date.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

MoNTE48

by MoNTE48 » Post

I install mips on my watch.
Work, very big menu, inventory and all.
Bug:
Cloud. You can delete cloud? Big lugs.
Dpi, on clock 160, i use 140.
Control. Control very down, inventoryes icon very small, inv slot, delete 5slots. 3-5 slots... Screen very small.
P.S. Game on clock is bad idea, android on clock... VERY BAD IDEA.

MoNTE48

by MoNTE48 » Post

Test 06.16 arm on my Samsung Vibrant aka Galaxy S (dpi 220, i use 200. Ram 512, 1x1Ghz (i use 1.3 Ghz).
On new build all gui is normal, thank (on 13 build menu and inv - very big size).
You fix more bug.
And. Game very lugs, camera very-very speed rotate, please, fix.
I tested more conf. On maxfps 15, max range nodes 25, min 3, 2D cloud game best speed!
... ... ...
Sorry, man English is very-very bad...

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

if your rotation speed is to fast try changing the mouse_sensitivity = 0.2 setting

MoNTE48

by MoNTE48 » Post

sapier wrote:if your rotation speed is to fast try changing the mouse_sensitivity = 0.2 setting
I use 0.1, perfectly.
Please, rebuild mips and send me. Thank.

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

what's wrong with the mips build in main post?

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

Just checking in with your progress using this phone again:
Minetest-release_20140616.apk

Kyocera Event
Physical size: 3.5 inches
Resolution: 320 x 480 pixels
Pixel density: 165 ppi
Technology: IPS LCD
Colors: 16 777 216
System chip: Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8655
Processor: Single core, 1000 MHz, Scorpion
Graphics processor: Adreno 205
System memory: 512 MB RAM

Things are running surprisingly well on this under-powered excuse for a phone. The FPS are 5-10 depending on what is going on. But movement and play is fluid and enjoyable. Not the slide show frame rate from the earlier builds. Haven't had the chance to explore too much as it's one of my boy's phone and he doesn't give it up easily. Main menu is auto sized to fit the display size properly. Still hard to hit the check boxes correctly in settings, but I couldn't expect any better. My biggest gripe has been resolved. The dialog that opens when trying to leave a multiplayer game is now centered correctly and sized so all the buttons are accessible. So now game can return to menu or OS without force closing (thanks for listening).

Exiting from the default inventory uses the back button to exit correctly. But Unified Inventory will not exit. I may not know what gestures to use to exit, but once opened, I've had to force close the app because once the inventory is opened... there is no returning to the game.

Also. I can't seem to craft in default inventory. I can't figure out how to use part of a stack of items. I can only drop all of one item in a square. Don't know if it's me not knowing how or if its a bug.

I've tried to not be too quick to judge the controls as I am not a fan of gaming on a phone because of the size. But I'm concluding the forward arrow key being nestled between the left and right is not working well for my thumb. I think the forward button should be placed more in front (top). I know you are trying to save screen real estate in smaller devices, but I think its too crowded in a smaller device. Larger, maybe more transparent would still be very playable and usable with this device. Just my opinion though
Thanks for all the hard work!

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

Exiting a Formspec (e.g. Inventory): double tap outside the inventory
Placing a single element from a stack:
1) touch stack,
2) stay on tablet with this finger
3) move this finger to where you wanna place a single element
4) tab with ANOTHER finger somewhere on screen while still having the first one where to place
5) move to second location to place a single element

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

Thanks sapier, very helpful.
Couldn't test exiting the Unified Inventory formspec as there is no outside in this case. In fact I've noticed some of the items on the edge aren't showing completely as there just isn't enough room. Unfortunate, but likely unrelated to your builds so I won't mention again :)
Is there some sort of changelog going somewhere so one can test/try and give feedback on changes that have been focused on? Or are you content with what little data is brought up by chance in this thread?

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

There's no changelog as there have been way to many changes by now. As things seem to settle down recently I guess it's time to start documenting the changes.

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

Sorry to everyone downloading 20140621 prior fixing the wrong link, actually the file called _mips was the mips build, now it's correct.

BAGPIPE

by BAGPIPE » Post

I need to try this, haven't been able to use mine test much from a lack of a useless computer

hunterdelyx1

by hunterdelyx1 » Post

I have a problem on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. I told about it in this discussion but stu just forgot about me. I hope that this conversation will be more productive.

1. This apk: http://www.mediafire.com/download/s7ld8 ... rmeabi.apk
2. Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
3. Screenshoots:
http://cs617916.vk.me/v617916429/f109/E5XkDTsIuXY.jpg
http://cs617916.vk.me/v617916429/f100/kMbYB6b9F8s.jpg
Android Version = 4.1.2
GPU Vendor = Vivante Corporation
GPU Renderer = GC1000 core
Screen DPI = 160dpi

5. debug.txt

Code: Select all

-------------
Separator
-------------

Irrlicht log: Irrlicht Engine version 1.9.0
Irrlicht log: EGL version: 1.400000
Irrlicht log: Using renderer: OpenGL ES-CM 1.1
Irrlicht log: Vivante Corporation
Irrlicht log: GL_EXT_debug_marker GL_OES_blend_equation_separate GL_OES_blend_func_separate GL_OES_blend_subtract GL_OES_byte_coordinates GL_OES_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_texture GL_OES_compressed_paletted_texture GL_OES_draw_texture GL_OES_extended_matrix_palette GL_OES_fixed_point GL_OES_framebuffer_object GL_OES_matrix_get GL_OES_matrix_palette GL_OES_point_size_array GL_OES_point_sprite GL_OES_query_matrix GL_OES_read_format GL_OES_single_precision GL_OES_stencil_wrap GL_OES_texture_cube_map GL_OES_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_OES_EGL_image GL_OES_depth24 GL_OES_element_index_uint GL_OES_fbo_render_mipmap GL_OES_mapbuffer GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_OES_stencil1 GL_OES_stencil4 GL_OES_stencil8 GL_OES_texture_npot GL_OES_vertex_half_float GL_OES_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_IMG_read_format GL_IMG_user_clip_plane GL_APPLE_texture_2D_limited_npot GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_read_format_bgra GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_OES_EGL_sync GL_APPLE_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_APPLE_texture_max_level GL_ARM_rgba8 GL_OES_EGL_image_external GL_VIV_direct_texture GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_multitexture GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc
02:44:43: ACTION[main]: .__ __ __
02:44:43: ACTION[main]: _____ |__| ____ _____/ |_ ____ _______/ |_
02:44:43: ACTION[main]: / \| |/ \_/ __ \ __\/ __ \ / ___/\ __\
02:44:43: ACTION[main]: | Y Y \ | | \ ___/| | \ ___/ \___ \ | |
02:44:43: ACTION[main]: |__|_| /__|___| /\___ >__| \___ >____ > |__|
02:44:43: ACTION[main]: \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
02:44:43: ACTION[main]: World at [/storage/sdcard0/Minetest/worlds/singleplayerworld]
02:44:43: ACTION[main]: Server for gameid="minetest_next" listening on 0.0.0.0:57564.
Irrlicht log: PNG warning: Interlace handling should be turned on when using png_read_image
Irrlicht log: PNG warning: iCCP: profile 'ICC profile': 'RGB ': RGB color space not permitted on grayscale PNG
Irrlicht log: PNG warning: iCCP: profile 'ICC profile': 'RGB ': RGB color space not permitted on grayscale PNG
Irrlicht log: Could not open file of texture:
02:44:51: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer [127.0.0.1] joins game.
02:44:51: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer joins game. List of players: singleplayer
Font size: 11 23

-------------
Separator
-------------

Irrlicht log: Irrlicht Engine version 1.9.0
Irrlicht log: EGL version: 1.400000
Irrlicht log: Using renderer: OpenGL ES-CM 1.1
Irrlicht log: Vivante Corporation
Irrlicht log: GL_EXT_debug_marker GL_OES_blend_equation_separate GL_OES_blend_func_separate GL_OES_blend_subtract GL_OES_byte_coordinates GL_OES_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_texture GL_OES_compressed_paletted_texture GL_OES_draw_texture GL_OES_extended_matrix_palette GL_OES_fixed_point GL_OES_framebuffer_object GL_OES_matrix_get GL_OES_matrix_palette GL_OES_point_size_array GL_OES_point_sprite GL_OES_query_matrix GL_OES_read_format GL_OES_single_precision GL_OES_stencil_wrap GL_OES_texture_cube_map GL_OES_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_OES_EGL_image GL_OES_depth24 GL_OES_element_index_uint GL_OES_fbo_render_mipmap GL_OES_mapbuffer GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_OES_stencil1 GL_OES_stencil4 GL_OES_stencil8 GL_OES_texture_npot GL_OES_vertex_half_float GL_OES_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_IMG_read_format GL_IMG_user_clip_plane GL_APPLE_texture_2D_limited_npot GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_read_format_bgra 

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

hunterdelyx1 this looks like something I've seen on emulator too. I didn't integrate the fix because it's been quite ugly and I never heared about it on a real device. I'll add it for next version.

hunterdelyx1

by hunterdelyx1 » Post

Thanks, sapier. I'll wait.

MoNTE48

by MoNTE48 » Post

I downgrade my watch (MIPS) on Android 4.1 (earlier Android 4.4).
16 and 21 build don't work. Please, look this photo:
IMG_20140622_151441.jpg
IMG_20140622_151530.jpg
Please, fix this. I look black screen... And all.
Menu very big (inventories normal size!).
I wait your new build, thank.
... ... ...
Changelog - best idea).