I might be able to see if it can be done w mesecons
Jesus is alive!

muhdnurhidayat

GitHub: MuhdNurHidayat
IRC: muhdnurhidayat
In-game: muhdnurhidayat

Re: Post your mod requests/ideas here

by muhdnurhidayat » Fri Aug 10, 2018 09:05

KingBull wrote:The TechPack seems to work well for this. Problem is most server's I play in: Banana Land, Anarchy, [2018]IFS, Craig's Server, Chuchelan Relodaded, Legends of Survival, don't have installed yet the TechPack mod.
They do however use Mesecons mod... could this be accomplished with the components of that mod?

You will need to look for servers that already or willing to install them, most servers only install what they want to use though some of them might accept new mod suggestions.

---
Talking about that, I'm moderator on IFS and I'm really not sure if the owner would want to add another fancy mod when it's nearly the limit for client, as IFS was made to support low-end mobile devices as well, not just PC players. The admin also simplified some of the mods installed so that it will reduce the lag on the client (the server itself is fine as it's on dedicated server).

This is because he tries to make sure the server is playable on device with as low as 700MB RAM even with many fancy mods (homedecor, mesecons, moretrees, moreores, moreblocks, hopper) enabled. In fact, there are many players on IFS who are indeed mobile players, though some players have been experiencing difficulties to connect to IFS with all the existing mods on the server. But you can try to suggest it when you're playing on IFS, that's what the /feedback command used for on IFS. xD

though you still can do what you want on IFS without other mod, because you can combine mesecons (sticky piston, luacontroller) and hopper...

here's the LuaController that I use in that example:
Code: Select all
if (pin.c) then
  interrupt(1)
  if (os.datetable().sec == 10 or os.datetable().sec == 20 or os.datetable().sec == 30 or os.datetable().sec == 40 or os.datetable().sec == 50 or os.datetable().sec == 0) then
    port.d = true
  else
  port.d=false
  end
else
  port.d=false
end

In the example which is done on IFS, I push hopper to position every 10 seconds and the items will flow down from the locked chest above to the normal chest below when it is pushed. You can set it to other values as well, there are hour, min, wday, day, month, year... You can also use side hoppers if you want to put it differently... up to your creativity...
http://mesecons.net/luacontroller/ wrote:Since access to os.date is considered unsafe as it might crash lua and therefore the minetest server, a wrapper function called "os.datetable()" has been implemented. This function returns a table containing the current real-world date and time of the server:
Code: Select all
{   hour = 11, min = 27, wday = 7, day = 2, month = 1,   year = 2016, sec = 42, yday = 2, isdst = false }

Read more about mesecons over http://mesecons.net

EDIT: GIF of it in action
[ Full signature ] - UTC+8 here, contributing to Minetest Wiki. I'm muhdnurhidayat in IFS (mod), HOMETOWN & others. / Twitter / MT Offtopic ✂️- - - - - -

You just read my profile, right?
Because these few texts of signature only appear on profile page as the texts are cut in signature. xD

KingBull

by KingBull » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:32

Thank you kindly Muhdnurhidayat, I will look into that!

Gearhart

IRC: Souleater
In-game: Souleater

by Gearhart » Fri Aug 10, 2018 19:36

InfinityProject wrote:Since many people clutter the forums with topics of ideas I made a place to post your ideas.

um can i have a mod that adds dbz i check every single website i can find and found nothing but dbz tools

i want a system that adds extra health/damage/armor/breath/speed/jump hight/aura(3 colors blue'good' purple'middle' red''eveil)/a point system/hard mobs that only spawn when you place a "saga spawner" and you have to beat one to move on to the next and it should take a while to beat and.... make

saga spawner craft

default:stone,default:stone,default:stone
default:stone,default:steel_ingot,default:stone
default:stone,default:stone,default:stone

ok i may have gone a little over board but i think it will be fun

ManElevation

GitHub: ManElevation
IRC: ManElevation
In-game: ManElevation

ManElevation

GitHub: ManElevation
IRC: ManElevation