need some advice and suggestions

chrisjose1913

IRC: Hawksquawks
In-game: chrisjose1913

need some advice and suggestions

by chrisjose1913 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 00:27

Hello i am thinking of making a trains mod based on the carts mod, I would like to know the following

1 Liking carts I would like to make carts link together using a wrench like tool. Can it be done ?
2 I would like to make carts controllable with the W S keys to make them go backwards and forwards while in the cart
3 Sounds I would like to be able to add sounds
3 Carts with storage

If this can be achieved I can make a train mod with different trains carriages ECT.

Sokomine

GitHub: Sokomine

Re: need some advice and suggestions

by Sokomine » Wed Dec 03, 2014 02:25

chrisjose1913 wrote:1 Liking carts I would like to make carts link together using a wrench like tool. Can it be done ?

Players can be attached to carts, but I don't know if carts can be attached to each other. There is also the issue of turns. Turning around would require each individual cart to turn around at a diffrent degree - else it might look very odd. Regarding Minetest and its one-node-long turns, that might be easier than with a real train.

chrisjose1913 wrote:2 I would like to make carts controllable with the W S keys to make them go backwards and forwards while in the cart

Other vehicles such as cars, helicopters and ufos can be controlled from withhin, so it ought to work with carts as well.

chrisjose1913 wrote:3 Carts with storage

A detached inventory ought to work fine for that. Unified_inventory comes with one for the bags.

I'd love to see some nicely done trains.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Hybrid Dog

Re: need some advice and suggestions

by Hybrid Dog » Tue Dec 16, 2014 18:55

chrisjose1913 wrote:Hello i am thinking of making a trains mod based on the carts mod, […]

If you want to make it based on the carts mod, you need to change lots of code, I think.

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

Return to Modding Discussion