portals?

superdude
In-game: aslar

portals?

by superdude » Post

I'm making a mod which allows the player to travel to a candy city or vegetable city which are at war an you help the side you choose to win and i have the portal all done( based off PilzAdam's nether mod. ) but i want the city to generate when you go through the portal i want to predefine the blocks that make up the city's so if some one could help me thanks and if u like the idea i would love to hear

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

Re: portals?

by Krock » Post

The best choice to generate a city is (IMO) mg_village.
Check out its functions - maybe it's possible to use a generate function for your portal's target coordinates.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Adding a new village type with mg_villages ought to be easy enough. Basicly, you'll have to build your houses once, save them as .mts files (use the build chest from handle_schematics), and create a short init.lua which describes how you want those buildings to be used. I've created several examples on github, e.g. village_towntest, village_gambit etc.
A list of my mods can be found here.

superdude
In-game: aslar

by superdude » Post

you said id have to build my home and save them as .mts files but how? do i need a mod?

kaadmy
GitHub: kaadmy
IRC: KaadmY
In-game: KaadmY kaadmy NeD

by kaadmy » Post

superdude wrote:you said id have to build my home and save them as .mts files but how? do i need a mod?
Use worldedit viewtopic.php?f=11&t=572
Never paint white stripes on roads near Zebra crossings.

Pixture

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

superdude wrote: you said id have to build my home and save them as .mts files but how? do i need a mod?
Install my handle_schematics mod, type /giveme handle_schematics:build 2, plance one chest in front of and one at the opposite side of your construction and use the formspec. The advantage is that handle_schematics encodes the facedir of the original building. It also stores how deep the building reaches into the ground - provided you give it that invormation when saving the building. Just experiment a bit with it. WorldEdit works as well of course. You'll then only have to figure out how your building was rotated. Most people have their front door facing the street after all :-)
A list of my mods can be found here.