[request input]A couple simple mods

theshadow900
In-game: theshadow

[request input]A couple simple mods

by theshadow900 » Post

I don't want to post these mods until I ask a couple questions.
1 - Has it been done and I am I just missing it in the mods list?
2 - Would anyone find it useful to them?

I am learning lua and came up with a couple simple creations in the process. Simple coding but seems useful to me. I am asking the above questions on both.

One of the mods is a simple node adding mod that allows any user to just add a seamless tile image, add the image name to a list, and the mod adds the node from there. It will also automatically add to either moreblocks stairsplus or stand alone stairsplus whichever is being used. If neither it automatically uses default stairs. Full instructions for creating the images would be included. It is already fully operational and in use on my server.

The other is even simpler coding yet. I wanted to just run random music in the background. Music of my own choosing. Not stepping on copyright laws of course. I found ambiance mod but that one required some extra work to add and or remove tracks. The one I created just randomly chooses a track from a numbered list.

If anyone is interested, reply and let me know. I will then put the effort into setting up a download and posting to the mod release section. I just don't want to double up on something someone else has already created, or uselessly post in the main mod release section something no one would find useful.

Thanks in advance.

Dragonop
GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

Re: [request input]A couple simple mods

by Dragonop » Post

+1

Don
GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

by Don » Post

Post them. I think people will use them. I would like to see the music one. It sounds good.
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

theshadow900
In-game: theshadow

by theshadow900 » Post

Cool will do so soon. Getting set up with GitHub.