I need help with my custom mod(s)

TailsTheFoxDoes MT

In-game: TailsTheFox

I need help with my custom mod(s)

by TailsTheFoxDoes MT » Mon Jan 18, 2016 21:21

I have a custom mod that i use for my channel, and if you're wondering, i'm like the "DanTDM" or "PopularMMOs" of minetest, anyways, the custom mod has stupid names for everything because it is a phase of the Santa mod, and i kinda forgot if it was WTFPL or not, so i searched it up, but now it's GONE!!!! So i don't want to phase of off this mod anymore than i need to, infact, i don't want to at ALL!!!!! So i just need a mod that adds 3 characters, 2 are players, one is a dog, also, what should i name the dog, because, well, i don't want to ripoff of MC by calling it "Creeper", also what should he look like, plz answer, and if you could could you add a name tag
Here's the characters:
Ristar
Trails:

Trails should have a hurrah face.

The dog doesn't have a name nor skin yet. But can somebody plz make this mod for me. plz!!
Last edited by TailsTheFoxDoes MT on Thu Jun 23, 2016 22:24, edited 1 time in total.
I'm the TailsTMM of minetest, in other words, i rock.
BRAAAAAZZZZAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW it means TailsTheMeseMinecart, but that isn't my name, it's just a way of saying that i basically do the same thing Dantdm does but i do it with minetest And you problably can't see the invisible ink.
My mods:
My first mod:tails_boss

Mob_pack now has voice acting! Do you want YOUR VOICE included? Look in my posts for the thread!

TailsTheFoxDoes MT

Re: I need help with my custom mod(s)

by TailsTheFoxDoes MT » Mon Jan 18, 2016 21:23

Darn thing didn't load sprites!!!!
BTW it means TailsTheMeseMinecart, but that isn't my name, it's just a way of saying that i basically do the same thing Dantdm does but i do it with minetest And you problably can't see the invisible ink.
My mods:

Mob_pack now has voice acting! Do you want YOUR VOICE included? Look in my posts for the thread!

AiTechEye

GitHub: AiTechEye

by AiTechEye » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:40

1: You need to upadload / attach the images to the post, not link form your computer :-)
2: Is it skins for players you are talking about?

TailsTheFoxDoes MT

by TailsTheFoxDoes MT » Sun Jan 24, 2016 03:18

I should have known about the pictures thing, but i need code to make players that walk around, they don't need to jump or shoot or anything but i'm asking if somebody can just make them walk around. And it would be cool if the dog could eat meat or something, btw, i would code this myself but, when i went to the Wiki or whatever that informational page was and "Lua" was linked, so i clicked it, but for some weird reason, it sent me to Code Academy or some other coding school, but it wasn't "Lua", it was "Javascript" and i'm more than sure that minetest isn't coded through "Javascript", so i just gave up on learning "Lua".
My mods:

maikerumine

GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Sun Jan 24, 2016 06:11

I'll make the mod for you, just send me the images of the two characters and ill find a dog. :-)

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Sun Jan 24, 2016 08:16

HI!

Here is a quick and simple mobs package for you to use:
YOU
*Can ride the dog.
*Can have them follow you or fight mobs.
*Can pay them gold_lump for random tools, saddle, carrot on a stick. (RIGHT CLICK)
*Can heal them in battle with bread or cooked meat. (RIGHT CLICK)
*Can use spawn eggs for your videos, as I had set their spawning rate very low. (hopefully)

For more info please see my esmobs mod for specific details.
I hope this can help you get started, feel free to change things to the way you like!

Browse Code
https://github.com/maikerumine/foxmobs

Download:
https://github.com/maikerumine/foxmobs/archive/master.zip
Attachments
screenshot_20160124_030937.png
(298.75 KiB) Not downloaded yet

TailsTheFoxDoes MT

by TailsTheFoxDoes MT » Sun Jan 24, 2016 18:15

Thank you so much for this. I'll make a mod showcase and give you so much credit. Plus i subbed to your channel.
My mods:

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Sun Jan 24, 2016 21:22

TailsTheFoxDoes MT wrote:Thank you so much for this. I'll make a mod showcase and give you so much credit. Plus i subbed to your channel.

You are welcome!

Remember, this was a quick and dirty 2 hour job, and needs refining. Please let me know of other player textures and options you would like for your game. :-)

And thank you for the sub!

TailsTheFoxDoes MT

by TailsTheFoxDoes MT » Sun Jan 24, 2016 22:53

I tried to make a mod showcase but my mesecon contraption went crazy.
My mods:

TailsTheFoxDoes MT

by TailsTheFoxDoes MT » Sun Jan 24, 2016 23:07

Just a question, why is there "Tails"? I mean it's cool but, there's a character in the first post called "Trails".
My mods:

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Sun Jan 24, 2016 23:26

TailsTheFoxDoes MT wrote:Just a question, why is there "Tails"? I mean it's cool but, there's a character in the first post called "Trails".

ooops! typo! i'll fix it.

TailsTheFoxDoes MT

by TailsTheFoxDoes MT » Mon Jan 25, 2016 00:16

Thx, also, i'm putting this mod on the WIP modding discussion, so that some other people can get it. And the reason i put it in "WIP" is because you said it needed to be refined. But i told everyone how you made it and stuff
My mods:

TailsTheFoxDoes MT

by TailsTheFoxDoes MT » Mon Jan 25, 2016 01:37

maikerumine wrote:
TailsTheFoxDoes MT wrote:Just a question, why is there "Tails"? I mean it's cool but, there's a character in the first post called "Trails".

Do i just download it from the original link?
My mods:

TailsTheFoxDoes MT

by TailsTheFoxDoes MT » Sun Jan 31, 2016 00:34

TailsTheFoxDoes MT wrote:
maikerumine wrote:

Do i just download it from the original link?

Is it possible for Ristar to and mine mese ore on his own or chop wood, by using proximity?
And if it is, can you add it, and and just three more ideas:
@ability to set their animation for idle walking,mining,laying,sitting. etc
@To have his own inventory
@to pick up items by walking over it and picking it up.
@walking speed:1 block per second, 2 block per second, 4 block per second, 6 block per second, and finnally, 12 block per second.

And here's a link to the skins:

http://minetest.fensta.bplaced.net/#name=c0d%3F%20y%21%20-%20
Last edited by TailsTheFoxDoes MT on Sun Jan 31, 2016 02:14, edited 1 time in total.
My mods:

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Sun Jan 31, 2016 01:34

[/quote]
Is it possible for Ristar to and mine mese ore on his own or chop wood, by using proximity?
@walking speed:1 block per second, 2 block per second, 4 block per second, 6 block per second, and finnally, 12 block per second.[/quote]
I'll be frank: I'm not good at programing and to do all of that would be out of my skill level. I wish you well on your great ideas!!

TailsTheFoxDoes MT

by TailsTheFoxDoes MT » Sun Jan 31, 2016 02:17

maikerumine wrote:

@walking speed:1 block per second, 2 block per second, 4 block per second, 6 block per second, and finnally, 12 block per second.[/quote]
I'll be frank: I'm not good at programing and to do all of that would be out of my skill level. I wish you well on your great ideas!![/quote]

I got an idea i get the code/textures and you make the spawn eggs and some of the features i can't get, because, i rely on other mods to make mine, which is a horrible dependency but i can't change it. Which is also the reason it isn't compatible with the mod i took code from. And i was thinking about using this topic as our mod discussion topic. P.S. Look into the original post for a link to the skins(btw Trails' skin has a transperency error) can you fix it, and if you do fix it, can you put a link below?).
My mods:

TailsTheFoxDoes MT

by TailsTheFoxDoes MT » Mon Feb 01, 2016 00:11

There's something cool that i thought would be cool to have on my channel, it's a Super Form, it doesn't require skin changing but it may be hard, so basically it would be a cool Sonic Mod.
So basically, you might have to use randomly spawning schematics, so you basically have a small cobblestone pyramid with the Master Emerald which can only be broken by the Tridential Pickaxe which is crafted like a normal pickaxe except it uses these things called Triangule stone, which has the shape of an emerald and are black. And when you break the emerald. Sonic characters will attack you. And knuckles only spawns near the Master Emerald. And the normal emeralds come from these "Chaotic Chests" that spawn in caves, dungeons, ravines, etc. And there are 6 characters, including Knuckles.
Sonic spawns near Triangule Dirt which spawns in the Tridential Biome, And it is a little bit blue tinted, and Tails spawns in the Desert Biome, so basically, put the chaos emeralds in a furnace to make Superllius Jelly, then put the jelly in a crafting table and put glass above and below to make a Superllius Jelly Capsule. And when i eat it, it gives me fly, fast flying and fast walking, jump boost,and no fall damage. Cool right?
My mods:

Return to Modding Discussion