Cannot figure out how to enable mods in configuration menu

Hpzorz

Cannot figure out how to enable mods in configuration menu

by Hpzorz » Post

Hi, I've been trying to add mods to Minetest on Ubuntu 16.04, and I started with downloading the MoreTrees mod by VanessaE and the Creatures MOB engine by BlockMen.

I've dabbled with mods in Minecraft so I like to think I can find my way around folders :P. Anyway, I extracted the mods and any 'depend' mods (Biome_lib and Plantlife I believe) into the .minetest/mods subfolder that I created. The mods show up under the mods tab, but when I go to configure my world, the mods don't seem to do anything. I waited for about 3-4 l hours to see if trees would grow go or animals would spawn, but I saw nothing. I tried installing the mods both in .minetest/mods and the RUN_IN_PLACE way and nothing, the mods don't return an error either.

I was reading that new mods had to be enabled, so I thought maybe I forgot to enable them, but I noticed that the mods don't stay enabled (denoted by green text I believe?), and became white every time I entered and exited the menu, so I was wondering if my problem was that I'm not even enabling the mods correctly? Is there some way to save the configuration? I currently press Esc to go back to the main menu.

Thanks in advance.

Hpzorz

Re: Cannot figure out how to enable mods in configuration me

by Hpzorz » Post

NEVERMIND: I increased my window size to see if I was hiding a save button (was playing on 1440x480 window), and what do you know, a save button appeared. I tried deleting this post, but couldn't figure out how. >.<

Byakuren
GitHub: raymoo
IRC: Hijiri
In-game: Raymoo + Clownpiece

by Byakuren » Post

The forum doesn't allow users to delete their posts. I think it's pointless since users can just edit their post to replace it with a dot or something, but maybe behind the scenes deletion makes it harder for mods to see what the post said? Deleting a thread also deletes other people's posts, but it could just be made so that you can delete individual posts, but not threads (assuming phpbb has that feature).
Every time a mod API is left undocumented, a koala dies.

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

you could edit the first post and add a [solved] in front of the titel as others have done.