Blueprint guide for building?

ph8jPf9M
GitHub: 22i

Blueprint guide for building?

by ph8jPf9M » Post

There should be an item that you get as a reward - blueprints. You can put that blueprint into a machine - then layout of small nodes appear as a guide to where you need to place blocks to build it.

is there any mod that already does this? if not how can this be done?

it should work like these https://youtu.be/nK6eU1t2flM?t=10m23s

https://cornernote.github.io/minetest-deploy_nodes/

hajo

Re: Blueprint guide for building?

by hajo » Post

ph8jPf9M wrote:There should be an item that you get as a reward
Reward for what ?
blueprints. layout .. appear as a guide to where you need to place blocks to build it.
is there any mod that already does this? if not how can this be done?
Have you seen towntest, townchest, handle_schematics, worldedit ?

ph8jPf9M
GitHub: 22i

by ph8jPf9M » Post

You would get blueprints by: small chance when mining, in chests, fishing,mob drops,villager trading, award for completing achievments.

i know these mods towntest, townchest, handle_schematics and worldedit.
-they need an option to load placeholder blocks so that you can still build it yourself just easier since you have placeholders blocks in place where you should put that certain block. Placeholder blocks should have propreties like water but without slowness, drowning and swimming.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

ph8jPf9M wrote: -they need an option to load placeholder blocks so that you can still build it yourself just easier since you have placeholders blocks in place where you should put that certain block. Placeholder blocks should have propreties like water but without slowness, drowning and swimming.
One idea behind handle_schematics (and the original build chest from random_buildings) was to place a scaffolding node first and then - when the player has inserted all of one type of material into the build chest - replace those scaffolding nodes that stand for that particular material with the material provided by the player. Scaffolding already allows swimming-like movement - you can climb it and "walk on it.

Indicating which block ought to go where by putting small indicator blocks could work through entities. That would get problematic as soon as there are too many of them.
A list of my mods can be found here.