Ingame map mod

burli

Ingame map mod

by burli » Post

I'm looking for a map mod like this, but with some more features like pan, zoom and markers

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

Re: Ingame map mod

by GreenXenith » Post

You do know there is a minimap, right?
Spoiler
Make sure F lock is on (if applicable). Press F9 to enable map. Press again for zoom in. Press again for even more zoom in. Press again for Xray mode (normal zoom). Press again for zoom in. Press again for zoom in. Press again to disable. When you enable it, it will either be a circle that rotates opposite you rotate, or a square with an arrow representing you. Press shift+F9 to change modes. All other entities are shown as small red dots.
I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but it is there :P
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

burli

by burli » Post

AndroBuilder
In-game: AndroBuilder

by AndroBuilder » Post

burli wrote:I mean something like this

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/ma ... ique-atlas
+1

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

burli wrote:I'm looking for a map mod like this, but with some more features like pan, zoom and markers
I developed a "navigator" mod for my server, but it's still very experimental. The in-game map works in conjunction with minetestmapper (to pre-render the map) and ImageMagick (to tile the map). Currently it supports zooming and panning operations. Map coordinates are plotted along the X and Z axes. Players and landmarks are identified with pins and labels. Public roads are also highlighted, including labels as well. There is a GPS function that calculates the shortest path to a destination, and outputs realtime directions in the HUD.

The project has been on hold for a few weeks, but I hope to resume work on it again soon.

Lord_Vlad

by Lord_Vlad » Post

Generally, something that has a permanent map would be nice. Minetestmapper just continuously generates and don't keep maps.