Set a node property for suffocation?

jas
IRC: Freenode

Set a node property for suffocation?

by jas » Post

Is it possible to set a node property such that a player will begin to suffocate if their head is within it? I'm looking at drowning = 0, and I admit I haven't tried it yet, but I assume it only works if a node is liquidtype, because the value is the number of damage to inflict once the bubbles are already gone.

I'd like to trigger suffocation (bubbles) without setting a node as a liquid. Is it currently possible? For now I'll look at on_timer, and/or maybe globalstep, but what I'm looking for is something like {suffocate=1} in the node def, independent of liquidtypes.

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

Re: Set a node property for suffocation?

by TenPlus1 » Post

PlayerPlus has player suffocation enabled as well as other features: viewtopic.php?t=10090&p=153667

jas

by jas » Post

Yes, thank you, but that's nothing about breath, and is using a globalstep method to inflict damage directly, no?

At any rate, I think it's a no go, there's no node def property to set to force suffocation with bubbles. The only way to drown with bubbles, is to be in a liquidtype. That's really what I'm asking.

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

by paramat » Post

The 'drowning' parameter works for any node, i use it in my space mods for vacuum nodes.

jas

by jas » Post

I should have just tried this. Thanks.