Multiblock Structures possible?

AndroBuilder
In-game: AndroBuilder

Multiblock Structures possible?

by AndroBuilder » Post

Hello i have some ideas for a subgame and now i'm trying to figure out if it is possible.

Can you build/mod multiblock structures? Of the head i think about smeltery and ME System in MC ... different parts/block add together to a bigger object functional as one?

And the swcond question is if you can add quests to put a certain block at a certain position or into a chest to finish the quest and maybe get an reward.

Thanks for your help

Pyrollo
Developer
GitHub: pyrollo
In-game: Naj

Re: Multiblock Structures possible?

by Pyrollo » Post

It wont help much I guess but I remember someone posted here a topic about a mod (kind of framwork / Library) for such structures.
[ Display Modpack ] - [ Digiterms ] - [ Crater MG ] - [ LATE ]

Nekrofage
GitHub: Nekrofage

by Nekrofage » Post

Hi,

With this mod, you can glue several nodes to build a structure :
[Mod] Meshnodes [0.3.0] [meshnode]
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8059

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

AndroBuilder wrote: Can you build/mod multiblock structures? Of the head i think about smeltery and ME System in MC ... different parts/block add together to a bigger object functional as one?
You can't do that directly. Depending what you have in mind, nothing ought to stop you from doing this indirectly. Just let your machine check if all components are placed whenever it is supposed to do something. Or let a block mutate into another one when certain blocks are placed.
AndroBuilder wrote: And the swcond question is if you can add quests to put a certain block at a certain position or into a chest to finish the quest and maybe get an reward.
You can easily call a function whenever your block is placed or whenever something is put into a chest that you have written or taken control of its functions. See on_construct, after_place_node, on_metadata_inventory_put and the like in doc/lua_api.txt
A list of my mods can be found here.