Is there a modular way of programming new machines?

Ghostwarrior215k

Is there a modular way of programming new machines?

by Ghostwarrior215k » Post

I've been trying to program a machine in Minetest that is furnace esque in the fact that it will cook items. However, I've been looking at a few different examples of machines in Minetest and I can't quite find a good way to do it. I mean I've looked at the code for the Alloy Furnace from the Technic modpack, the Terumetal Alloy Smeltery from the Terumetal modpack, and even the code for the basic furnace that comes with the Mintest game. There doesn't seem to be a real basic example of how to create such an item. Idk. Can someone help me out with this?

P.S
I got Formspec's down and I know that I need to declare an inactive state node and an active state node. I know there needs to be more code I'm just not sure what it's supposed to be.

TalkLounge
GitHub: TalkLounge
In-game: TalkLounge

Re: Is there a modular way of programming new machines?

by TalkLounge » Post

There are items, which are burnable, like cobble and items, that can be used as fuel, like wood.
And the furnace just checks if a burnable item is in the one slot and a item for fuel in the other slot. And then the smelting process starts. That's basically all.
Subgames Server: Sky World Subgames German Survival Server: Wildes Land 2 E-Mail: talklounge@yahoo.de