How do I place the corals.mts schematic?

Red_King_Cyclops

How do I place the corals.mts schematic?

by Red_King_Cyclops » Tue Aug 13, 2019 00:52

In a mod I have made, I have registered some strata (layers) in the sky. I want to register an ore in part of a stratum that spawns a schematic/decoration on generation, but for some reason the ore does not show up. How do I to make decorations on a stratum? If you need specifics, the mod is time_travel, the strata in the sky forms the Water Age dimension, and the schematic is default's coral schematic.

Old question: How do I to make decorations on a stratum?
New question: How do I place the corals.mts schematic? (because attempting to place the schematic gives me an error)
Last edited by Red_King_Cyclops on Tue Aug 13, 2019 21:45, edited 2 times in total.
My best mods: space_travel, time_travel, and rocket.

paramat
Developer

GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

Re: How do I to make decorations on a stratum?

by paramat » Tue Aug 13, 2019 18:07

Biome API decorations cannot be placed inside a volume of nodes.

Biome API ores are placed in order of registration, so check you are registering the stratum ore first.

Red_King_Cyclops

Re: How do I to make decorations on a stratum?

by Red_King_Cyclops » Tue Aug 13, 2019 21:43

paramat wrote:Biome API decorations cannot be placed inside a volume of nodes.

Biome API ores are placed in order of registration, so check you are registering the stratum ore first.

Technically, the strata does not form a biome. I am registering the stratum ore first. I did some testing, and as it turned out, the decoration-spawner-ore was not working because the y_min and y_max were set to the same value. I changed these values, so the ore can be found now. However, I am now facing a new problem: the corals.mts schematic gives me an error instead of being placed. The error says that the function is unable to open the corals.mts file.
My best mods: space_travel, time_travel, and rocket.

Return to Modding Discussion