Who wants to help developing plot_system?

niwla23
In-game: Niwla

Who wants to help developing plot_system?

by niwla23 » Post

theres a very cool mod called plot_system (the original one is currently outdated https://github.com/TalkLounge/plot_syst ... it.dev.lua) you also need to create depends.txt with stairs and default

TalkLounge dropped the project and wants to leave Mt :(

I am searching for someone who wants to help me developing further on it. I would like to make a server with it. when someone is interested, you can get developer/moderator on this server, but i cant guarantee that it will come.

Heres an image of its plot generation: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 184201.png

So this mods can actually just generate the plots, so it needs some intelligence.
e.g.:
/p claim - claim that plot you are standing one
/p trust <player> trusts a player on the plot
/p untrust <player> unstrusts a player
/p clear
/p auto - searches the next free plot
/p home <id> - goes to your plot (id is optional when you have multiple plots)
and it should have an API

So if anyone is interested please let me know. thanks

Jhalman
IRC: Jhalman
In-game: Jhalman

Re: Who wants to help developing plot_system?

by Jhalman » Post

Some more things it needs:
Some sort of Admin over ride, so admins can un-claim anyone's plot
Max Plots per Player: The ability for the owner to set the max number of plots a player can have in the minetest.conf
Reset: when a player leaves the plot it delete's all the blocks and resets to how it was before
also just like TalkLounge's mod it needs to ability to set the blocks each plot is made of when its generated in the minetest.conf file

This would be a great mod if someone has the time/knowledge to make it

I personally was waiting for TalkLounge to update his mod so I could make my server with it but if that's not going to happen this is needed

niwla23
In-game: Niwla

Re: Who wants to help developing plot_system?

by niwla23 » Post

Jhalman wrote:Some more things it needs:
Some sort of Admin over ride, so admins can un-claim anyone's plot
Max Plots per Player: The ability for the owner to set the max number of plots a player can have in the minetest.conf
Reset: when a player leaves the plot it delete's all the blocks and resets to how it was before
also just like TalkLounge's mod it needs to ability to set the blocks each plot is made of when its generated in the minetest.conf file

This would be a great mod if someone has the time/knowledge to make it

I personally was waiting for TalkLounge to update his mod so I could make my server with it but if that's not going to happen this is needed
TalkLouge wants to leave MT.
heres the link to my fork: https://gitlab.com/Niwla23/plot_system/
It currently just contains TLs beta code.