Synchronise Map Chunk Generation

sirrobzeroone

Synchronise Map Chunk Generation

by sirrobzeroone » Mon Sep 09, 2019 09:47

This might seem like a slightly odd request or question. I have the need to keep two sets of map chunks loaded at the same time.

The primary chunk is were the player walks and moves about, however I need to keep chunks an exact distance up also loaded, let say 10kms.

so player enters chunk with coords x=30, y=1, z=200 and map gen is triggered, I'd like to then also trigger the mapgen for the chunk x=30 y = 10001 z=200. I also need to keep those 10km up chunks loaded so they don't unload themselves.

Is there some sort of hook or function I can use that I can trigger or is the best way just to check nodes or is there some way of creating a "mirror" of the player 10kms up who mirrors the actual players moves but keeps the mapchunks alive/active and generated.

really looking for suggestions on how to keep a 10km up area active and in sync with the real world at approximately 0

thanks again for any help

sirrobzeroone

Re: Synchronise Map Chunk Generation

by sirrobzeroone » Mon Sep 09, 2019 09:59

Why is it after you post a message after spending two days hunting then you find something...

https://github.com/rubenwardy/forceload

not exactly what I'm after but I think I can use it as a good starter...thanks again Rubenwardy

Return to Modding Discussion