[SOLVED] TNT is this a bug? Or just me!

Steamed_Punk
GitHub: steamed-punk

[SOLVED] TNT is this a bug? Or just me!

by Steamed_Punk » Post

I was about to start the TNT mod textures in MTG, but to be sure i decided to start a new game, no mods except default and in creative to stock up. I quit the game and started again without "creative".

I layed down a block of tnt a couple of powder trails and lit it. Everything was fine until it was about to explode.

Code: Select all

2019-09-26 00:36:12: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer places node tnt:gunpowder at (92,19,-120)
2019-09-26 00:36:12: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer places node tnt:gunpowder at (91,19,-120)
2019-09-26 00:36:14: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer places node tnt:gunpowder at (90,19,-120)
2019-09-26 00:36:16: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer uses fire:flint_and_steel, pointing at [node under=90,19,-120 above=90,20,-120]
2019-09-26 00:36:23: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'tnt' in callback node_on_timer(): ...5.0.1-win64\bin\..\games\minetest_game\mods\tnt\init.lua:327: attempt to index field 'fire:basic_flame' (a nil value)
2019-09-26 00:36:23: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2019-09-26 00:36:23: ERROR[Main]: 	...5.0.1-win64\bin\..\games\minetest_game\mods\tnt\init.lua:327: in function 'tnt_explode'
2019-09-26 00:36:23: ERROR[Main]: 	...5.0.1-win64\bin\..\games\minetest_game\mods\tnt\init.lua:401: in function 'boom'
2019-09-26 00:36:23: ERROR[Main]: 	...5.0.1-win64\bin\..\games\minetest_game\mods\tnt\init.lua:664: in function <...5.0.1-win64\bin\..\games\minetest_game\mods\tnt\init.lua:663>
2019-09-26 00:36:23: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer leaves game. List of players: 
2019-09-26 00:36:23: ACTION[Main]: Server: Shutting down
regards
Last edited by Steamed_Punk on Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:42, edited 1 time in total.
The sky is not the limit - It's my playground

Nathan.S
GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21

Re: TNT is this a bug? Or just me!

by Nathan.S » Post

That error looks like you don't have the fire mod enabled, Not sure how you got Minetest_Game, but I'd double check that you have the fire mod and that it is enabled.
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website, and brand new Minetest Modding Course

Steamed_Punk

by Steamed_Punk » Post

Nathan.S wrote:That error looks like you don't have the fire mod enabled, Not sure how you got Minetest_Game, but I'd double check that you have the fire mod and that it is enabled.
Now that is what is bugging me, i thought that starting a basic Minetest-game automatically uses the mods that came with it. I can see the fire mod in there, and three textures fire_basic_flame, fire_basic_flame_animated and flintandsteel. The error messages says fire:basic_flame and as you know the mod within uses fire:fire_basic_flame Thinking this was the issue i changed it by removing fire_ and that didn't work.
I tried looking for a fire mod through the minetest gui but found nothing called just fire. I am at a loss.

This is obviously basic noob stuff, but i am stumped.

Nathan.S

by Nathan.S » Post

Starting a new world with MTG (Minetest_Game) should have all of the game mods enabled. When I look at my copy of the fire mod the node name is fire:basic_flame. Is it somehow possible that you have have enabled another mod that overwrites the fire mod?

Running /mods in game will list all the mods you have loaded, and using F5 you can toggle the debug information which will tell you the name of the node you are pointing at. You should be able to add some flames and point at them to see what the name is, and then double check that it matches what the TNT mod is looking for. If it doesn't you might want to download a fresh copy of MTG from Github.

Steamed_Punk

by Steamed_Punk » Post

Nathan.S wrote:Starting a new world with MTG (Minetest_Game) should have all of the game mods enabled. When I look at my copy of the fire mod the node name is fire:basic_flame. Is it somehow possible that you have have enabled another mod that overwrites the fire mod?

Running /mods in game will list all the mods you have loaded, and using F5 you can toggle the debug information which will tell you the name of the node you are pointing at. You should be able to add some flames and point at them to see what the name is, and then double check that it matches what the TNT mod is looking for. If it doesn't you might want to download a fresh copy of MTG from Github.
Thanks for taking the time for this, but based on your first reply...
Not sure how you got Minetest_Game
(although i got at minetest.net) i decided to straight uninstal, download and re-instal.
Because i am in France my first thing was to put it into English so i started going through the settings to find it and that's where i came across certain mods that need activating, fire being one of them ;)

I could have kicked myself. Because i haven't actually played yet and only visited one server so far, i have done nothing but learn to mod and get my textures here for people. I had played with fire and set a jungle alight, great to watch so never thought i would have to activate it for tnt.

Anyway and after all it was something noob'ish that i missed. I managed to blow some stuff up, so it works :D
Sorry to have wasted your time.

Nathan.S

Re: [SOLVED] TNT is this a bug? Or just me!

by Nathan.S » Post

It's never a waste of time when the problem gets resolved. :)

Chibi ghost
In-game: Ghost

by Chibi ghost » Post

we were all noobs at some point

Steamed_Punk

by Steamed_Punk » Post

Nathan.S wrote:It's never a waste of time when the problem gets resolved. :)
Thanks, in general i try to avoid asking until my brain really hurts and i have no choice. This one just seemed a bit odd. :D Thanks again for the pointers.

Chibi ghost wrote:we were all noobs at some point
Now that is a true statement!