How do i add e seccond texture with animation to .obj -node?

Drachenbauer32

How do i add e seccond texture with animation to .obj -node?

by Drachenbauer32 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 20:20

Hello

I´m creating a fireplace as a node with a .oby-model.
It´s shaped as a hollow box with a stepped pyramid ontop and a hole in the front.

I make three states:
-empty
-off (with three wooden logs inside)
-on (with three wooden logs and fire inside)

I can place the texture for the fireplace and the logs on the same png-graphic.

But I have a question for the third state:
How can i add a seccoud texture with multiple flame-sprites for animated fire to this model?
For the fire i added a flat square-plate inside the fireplace, that stands upright between the wooden logs.
On it´s whide front, i want to display the animated flames with transparent background and the other (narrow) sides should be fully transparent.
And i found a place for theese parts on my uv-map.

must i create a transparent texture from the size of the whoole fireplace-texture and with the flames in the right place?

And how can i make only this texture glow?

Eran

Re: How do i add e seccond texture with animation to .obj -n

by Eran » Thu Oct 24, 2019 06:57

I am not aware of a way to make only a part of a model glow but using multiple texture files is possible.
To do this, give the fireplace and the flames different materials in blender. Now when you export the model, you'll have to check the Material Groups checkbox on the bottom left of the export screen. Otherwise minetest won't recognize it.
Once you have prepared your model like this, you can simply put two seperate file names in the tiles table of your node definition.

Here is an italian video that shows it's done. Even if yo don't understand italian I think it can be useful have a visual explanation.

Drachenbauer32

Re: How do i add e seccond texture with animation to .obj -n

by Drachenbauer32 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 15:48

is the order of the files the same, as the order of the materials in the material-properties in blender?

Edit:

Now i got the right look.

And i think ^[brighten added to the flame-texture-string makes it glow, like i want.
Last edited by Drachenbauer32 on Fri Oct 25, 2019 16:54, edited 2 times in total.

Nathan.S

GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21

Return to Modding Discussion