RE Help with ContentDB

karlexceed
GitHub: karlexceed
In-game: karlexceed

RE Help with ContentDB

by karlexceed » Post

I've just posted a new modpack on ContentDB and I ended up iterating a few times on the release after noticing some issues. I can't seem to find a way to delete the unwanted releases and I'm not sure where to ask for help with the ContentDB site.

Edit: Further questions...

Why is the field "technical name" limited to 20 characters on ContentDB? This doesn't seem to be a limit in-game?

Why doesn't the description field on the mod page of ContentDB properly format markdown? My lists are a mess!

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

Re: RE Help with ContentDB

by rubenwardy » Post

karlexceed wrote:I'm not sure where to ask for help with the ContentDB site.
You can ask for help using the threads feature:

karlexceed wrote:I've just posted a new modpack on ContentDB and I ended up iterating a few times on the release after noticing some issues. I can't seem to find a way to delete the unwanted releases
You almost never need to delete releases, subsequent releases replace prior releases. If you absolutely need to delete one, (for example: the CDB importer sometimes messes up, as you discovered) then you can indicate that by renaming it as BROKEN, I'll see it and then delete it. I don't allow normal users to delete releases as it can break the update feature of the in-menu mod installer
karlexceed wrote:Why is the field "technical name" limited to 20 characters on ContentDB? This doesn't seem to be a limit in-game?
The limit for technical name is 100, there must be a bug in the HTML if it's limiting to 20 characters
karlexceed wrote:Why doesn't the description field on the mod page of ContentDB properly format markdown? My lists are a mess!
Your markdown is incorrect, you probably need to add a space between the lists and other content. Note that the WYSIWYG editor's preview is buggy

karlexceed
GitHub: karlexceed
In-game: karlexceed

Re: RE Help with ContentDB

by karlexceed » Post

rubenwardy wrote:You can ask for help using the threads feature
Ah, thanks. I wasn't sure if that was for users asking me about the mod or if it's visible publicly to other users.
rubenwardy wrote:you can indicate that by renaming it as BROKEN, I'll see it and then delete it. I don't allow normal users to delete releases as it can break the update feature of the in-menu mod installer
Gotcha, understood. I'll mark them broken when I get the chance.
rubenwardy wrote:there must be a bug in the HTML if it's limiting to 20 characters
Perhaps here? https://github.com/minetest/contentdb/b ... es.py#L175
rubenwardy wrote:Your markdown is incorrect, you probably need to add a space between the lists and other content.
Hm. It displays correctly on GitHub... I'll check it out when I can log in and take a look.

EDIT:
I've marked the bad releases as BROKEN and I figured out my markdown issue.

Apparently the parser that Flask uses for markdown is more strict that GitHub's. There's a note on the page here: https://python-markdown.github.io/#differences that states the lists must have an empty line before them and any indented elements must have four spaces in front - I was only using one. Fixed now.