Post your mod requests/ideas here

sofar
Developer
GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

Re: [Request] Modified craftguide or craft_guide for tutoria

by sofar » Post

muhdnurhidayat wrote:For now, we use alternative method that is displaying the craft guide using itemframes or shared locked chest. For itemframes, it causes lag when too many guides are created as each itemframe creates entity/object and we need at least 10 itemframes each guide, 9 for the grids and 1 for output.
You can solve this problem by switching to my entity-free `frame` mod which offers itemframe support for arbitrary nodes and craftitems:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16585&hilit=frame

muhdnurhidayat
GitHub: mnh48
IRC: muhdnurhidayat
In-game: muhdnurhidayat

Re: [Request] Modified craftguide or craft_guide for tutoria

by muhdnurhidayat » Post

sofar wrote:
muhdnurhidayat wrote:For now, we use alternative method that is displaying the craft guide using itemframes or shared locked chest. For itemframes, it causes lag when too many guides are created as each itemframe creates entity/object and we need at least 10 itemframes each guide, 9 for the grids and 1 for output.
You can solve this problem by switching to my entity-free `frame` mod which offers itemframe support for arbitrary nodes and craftitems:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16585&hilit=frame
Thanks for pointing that out! I didn't know there is existed entity-free itemframe... I'll try that too...

When someone did make mod for tutorial-use craft guide, I'll still be using itemframe for displaying some items, they won't get abandoned.
[ Full signature ] - UTC+8 here, I'm muhdnurhidayat in most Minetest servers. / Twitter ✂️- - - - -

Contributes to Minetest Wiki.
Also uses MT Offtopic forum.
You just read my profile, right?
Because these few texts of signature only appear on profile page as the texts are cut in signature. xD

BrunoMine
GitHub: BrunoMine

Re: Post your mod requests/ideas here

by BrunoMine » Post

I'm searching for mods for utensils. I'm not very active in the forum because I not speak english correctly (obviously). If anyone can help me, I appreciate it.
I do not want purely decorative mods (but if you find it very well done, no problem).
It is important that they be well defined and simple mods (avoiding many items without focus and/or complex)
I have already found some good examples:
* vines
* compost
* drinks
* dice

Hybrid Dog
GitHub: HybridDog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

BrunoMine, how about this?:

[Modpack] mods I use [akomfort]

If you want to get or update the modpack, you can use this command (recommended):

Code: Select all

$ curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/HybridDog/miscellaneous/master/txt/akomfort_modpack/modpack_dl.sh | bash
The modpack is then put into your current folder.

About this:

This modpack consists of the mods I personally use for almost every world.
They imo load quickly and are useful for more convenient playing and developing mods.

bookmarks: adds teleportation station chatcommands (/go, /listgo etc.)
#builtin_item: my version of the builtin_item mod, it adds features to dropped items
item_drop: my version of the item_drops mod, it makes player automatically pick up dropped items
cave_lighting: command to light dark places with torches automatically
chatcommand_delays: If a chat command takes long, tell how much time it was
#command_tool: A tool which executes configured chatcommand(s) when clicking
drippingwater: Adds decorative visual and audible water and lava drops.
#falling_extras: Adds features to falling sand/gravel/etc. objects.
gbpinvisible: Adds the possibility to become invisible to secretly watch other players.
giveme_completion: makes the giveme much more convenient
linemaker: A tool with which you can make lines of nodes without placing each one manually
luacmd: Adds the lua chatcommand (a imo much better version than the one of worldedit)
#misstairs: Various small changes of default minetest and minetest_game, e.g. inconsistent papyrus heights
more_chatcommands: Adds convenient chatcommands, such as giveall.
#moss: Makes selected nodes become mossy when they are in water and near air and have non-mossy ones next them.
outgame_intervention: Automatically loads a file from the worldpath and executes it if present.
plantlike_leaves: Uses plantlike drawtype and degrotate for leaves nodes if enabled.
#replacer: My version of the replacer mod, it allows e.g. replacing a wall of nodes at once.
#rotten_papyrus: Makes papyri rot and dry if they can't grow.
#superpick: A tool which allows immediate digging and getting information about a position.
treecapitator: Automatically chop whole trees if digging one trunk
#unified_inventory: My version of the ui mod, it allows shift clicking to quickly trash items in creative mode.
wield3d: Shows the currently wielded item to other players.
#vector_extras: Adds more vector helper functions for mods
function_delayer: Kind of scheduler for mods, e.g. explosions

The information is relatively scarce, click the links for more information.
The mods use privileges, e.g. cave_lighting allows only privileged players to autolight caves.

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

texmex
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: tacotexmex

by texmex » Post

Mini chests would be cute, regular and locked.
Mods | Support Mesehub: bc1qluuests9rxmlnvpjrhsnyjg9ucwy6z3r0y3srw

texmex

by texmex » Post

water_drop. A mod that monitors items being placed in water and drops them back if they match a blacklist. Torches would be on that blacklist, along with other non-blocky nodes like ladders, rails and plants.

texmex

by texmex » Post

A Raft-like mod/subgame. A bit like unternull but with hunger, temperature, thirst, weather and a real game progression mechanic.

TumeniNodes
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

Sure would be nice to be able to control the color setting of the sky from within a texture pack.

imagine being able to use a quick script from inside a tp to turn the sky red..... (or which ever colour preferred)

And I wish very badly that MT were able to support svg :P
Ich mag keine grünen Eier und Schinken, ich mag sie nicht Sam I Am

ThomasMonroe
GitHub: ThomasMonroe314
IRC: ThomasMonroe TMcSquared
In-game: ThomasMonroe TMcSquared

by ThomasMonroe » Post

Ok guys this might be a shock to all of you, but i have an idea for a complete redstone clone, we could call it something like bluestone, or something to that effect.
now do not get me wrong in this, i love mesecons like everyone else, but it is geared more towards making digital stuff like clocks tic-tac-toe and things like that.
however, redstone in MC is geared more towards piston oriented contraptions, such as doors or block swappers. i think that a redstone clone would make these operations be much simpler to create.
please tell me what you think about this idea.
Projects|:*sigh* school: :Qub³d: :Legends Of Survival: :making people think:
I don't make things messy, I just *cough* disturb the local entropy.

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

ThomasMonroe wrote:please tell me what you think about this idea.
You can do all that using Mesecons, too. Simply ignore all the digital stuff and only use pistons, torches, etc.

ABJ
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

by ABJ » Post

But mesecons don't have the cool bug/features of redstone!

texmex

by texmex » Post

Linuxdirk wrote:
ThomasMonroe wrote:please tell me what you think about this idea.
You can do all that using Mesecons, too. Simply ignore all the digital stuff and only use pistons, torches, etc.
Yes, not only can you ignore it, but also turn off certain parts of mesecons since it's a modpack.

Byakuren
GitHub: raymoo
IRC: Hijiri
In-game: Raymoo + Clownpiece

by Byakuren » Post

ABJ wrote:But mesecons don't have the cool bug/features of redstone!
What do you mean?
Every time a mod API is left undocumented, a koala dies.

muhdnurhidayat
GitHub: mnh48
IRC: muhdnurhidayat
In-game: muhdnurhidayat

by muhdnurhidayat » Post

ThomasMonroe wrote:Ok guys this might be a shock to all of you, but i have an idea for a complete redstone clone, we could call it something like bluestone, or something to that effect.
now do not get me wrong in this, i love mesecons like everyone else, but it is geared more towards making digital stuff like clocks tic-tac-toe and things like that.
however, redstone in MC is geared more towards piston oriented contraptions, such as doors or block swappers. i think that a redstone clone would make these operations be much simpler to create.
please tell me what you think about this idea.
If someone actually makes this, please make sure it could send signal to long distance or maybe introduce repeater like in redstone.

I tried with pure mesecons but the signal lose after a few blocks (maybe hundred or so, or less?), couldn't make it to support my 10,000 block long subway system's powered rail & lights that the switch could be toggled at any of stations using the subway. Redstone could do that just fine, though I need to use like 2 different lines, 1 for actual power & another for switch control.

Other than that, no complaints to mesecons.
[ Full signature ] - UTC+8 here, I'm muhdnurhidayat in most Minetest servers. / Twitter ✂️- - - - -

Contributes to Minetest Wiki.
Also uses MT Offtopic forum.
You just read my profile, right?
Because these few texts of signature only appear on profile page as the texts are cut in signature. xD

ThomasMonroe

by ThomasMonroe » Post

muhdnurhidayat wrote: If someone actually makes this, please make sure it could send signal to long distance or maybe introduce repeater like in redstone.

I tried with pure mesecons but the signal lose after a few blocks (maybe hundred or so, or less?), couldn't make it to support my 10,000 block long subway system's powered rail & lights that the switch could be toggled at any of stations using the subway. Redstone could do that just fine, though I need to use like 2 different lines, 1 for actual power & another for switch control.

Other than that, no complaints to mesecons.
i was thinking an actual redstone clone with all of the nodes that you would find in MC, but in MT
so you neednt worry about the lack of repeaters

Gerald
In-game: gerald7

by Gerald » Post

muhdnurhidayat wrote: If someone actually makes this, please make sure it could send signal to long distance or maybe introduce repeater like in redstone.
My "directed circuits mod" should support an unbound signal. (I only tested 200 Blocks)
Edit: Tested boundless transmission through unloaded chunks. Some mesecon effectors react immediately (e.g. commandblock) others when loaded (e.g. pistons).

GruntBlender
GitHub: novikovech

by GruntBlender » Post

Eyyy. I'm considering a steam pipes, boilers, and turbines mod, but not sure if there's a point. What could pressurized steam be used for other than to run generators? Is there anything not already covered by technic that would be useful?
Pebble-Bed reactor to expand technic's power production options: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17194

texmex

by texmex » Post

GruntBlender wrote:Eyyy. I'm considering a steam pipes, boilers, and turbines mod, but not sure if there's a point. What could pressurized steam be used for other than to run generators? Is there anything not already covered by technic that would be useful?
Check out new subgame Farlands :)
Last edited by texmex on Mon Apr 10, 2017 09:57, edited 1 time in total.

Chibi ghost
In-game: Ghost

by Chibi ghost » Post

I was mooching about the hidden door mod on my game looking for a sandstone door so I can hide a travel net behind but I was disappointed to find no sandstone or sandstone brick door is there a mod with that door knocking around

GruntBlender
GitHub: novikovech

by GruntBlender » Post

texmex wrote: Check out new subgame Farlands :)
I had a look. Love the idea for the multi-block boilers and the furnace. The models are fantastic too. The pipes and steam propagation code are a bit garbage though, aren't they. I was thinking I'd include a pressure level and register pipes for better propagation.

I'm wondering if there's something I could do with steam power to add to technic, instead of replacing it. I got the idea when I was making a pebble-bed reactor to use with technic and discovered a steam turbine in technic_extras. I could just replace the power generators in technic with more realistic and customizable multi-stage contraptions, but I'd like to make steam useful for something more than just electricity production without duplicating what's already in technic.
Pebble-Bed reactor to expand technic's power production options: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17194

ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

by ABJ » Post

A simple solution might be a steam pressure level block that replaces all blocks around it with 6x lower pressure steam. Pipes and boilers could be built, and water can be made into steam by exposure to......um......some sort of a coal fire thing?

ThomasMonroe

by ThomasMonroe » Post

you could make steam convert its energy into locomotion
like if you use a bucket of water and coal as fuel you could drive a conveyor belt

texmex

by texmex » Post

More steam machinery would be excellent in general. Digtron fan here.

ABJ

by ABJ » Post

A mod where we can mine players :)

FaceDeer
GitHub: FaceDeer

by FaceDeer » Post

texmex wrote:More steam machinery would be excellent in general. Digtron fan here.
If you think of ways for Digtron to interact with other mods' steam systems (or just bits worth ripping off) let me know. Been a while since I've worked on Digtron, might be good for me to go back to it and maybe clean it up a little in the process. :)

As for mod requests/ideas: now that there's client modding a client side version of biome_lib would be nice. I was thinking I could build a simple audio ambience mod off of that, have it play random background sounds appropriate to the biome one's in.