Post your mod requests/ideas here

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine

Re: Post your mod requests/ideas here

by Sokomine » Post

Chibi ghost wrote: I'm looking for a insect mod one for bugs and beetles small ones
similar to the butterflies in sky mod
I'm sure I saw them on a server but I can't remember which one
AFAIK Xanandu has nice little bugs creeping around. It's probably a mod based on mobs_redo?
A list of my mods can be found here.

rendeko
GitHub: rendeko

by rendeko » Post

Is there any good documentation with sfinv? I can't find anything not mixed with other inventory mods.

Chibi ghost
In-game: Ghost

by Chibi ghost » Post

Sokomine wrote:
Chibi ghost wrote: I'm looking for a insect mod one for bugs and beetles small ones
AFAIK Xanandu has nice little bugs creeping around. It's probably a mod based on mobs_redo?
nuts it's not admitting new players right now

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

rendeko wrote:Is there any good documentation with sfinv? I can't find anything not mixed with other inventory mods.
Have a look in game_api.txt in the Minetest Game folder.

https://github.com/minetest/minetest_ga ... i.txt#L400

texmex
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: tacotexmex

by texmex » Post

I think a trading node on servers that communicates with other servers would be interesting.

A player from Server A would create an commodity and a price with the trading node. The offer is put in a text file that is synced between servers with a third party solution. Another player from Server B would then complete the offer by submitting the price and pick up the commodity.

It would create a larger sense of a Minetest community, in-game and server-to-server.
Mods | Support Mesehub: bc1qluuests9rxmlnvpjrhsnyjg9ucwy6z3r0y3srw

FaceDeer
GitHub: FaceDeer

by FaceDeer » Post

texmex wrote:I think a trading node on servers that communicates with other servers would be interesting.

A player from Server A would create an commodity and a price with the trading node. The offer is put in a text file that is synced between servers with a third party solution. Another player from Server B would then complete the offer by submitting the price and pick up the commodity.

It would create a larger sense of a Minetest community, in-game and server-to-server.
This would likely have to be something limited between just a handful of servers that are run by people who trust each other implicitly, on account of Minetest's open and highly moddable nature. Otherwise you could have a server join the market that has mods allowing gold farms or whatnot, flooding the economy.

One possibility does come to mind that would be a lot harder to game. There's a cryptocurrency called Ethereum that supports "smart contracts" and the issuance of custom tokens. You could have a Minetest smart contract that issues tokens representing various things like "gold ore", "gold lump", "gold ingot", etc., and that allows them to be interconverted using a universally-defined set of crafting recipes. Then when a new server joins the system it could be issued a block of natural resource tokens, and as players mine those resources the server transfers them to the players' accounts. The only vulnerability in the system is the step where a server gets issued those blocks of natural resource tokens, that would need to be controlled somehow to prevent nefariousness.

This would require a massive amount of programming to accomplish, though. Not something we're likely to see any time soon. This is a really big proposal. :)

texmex

by texmex » Post

FaceDeer wrote:This would likely have to be something limited between just a handful of servers that are run by people who trust each other implicitly, on account of Minetest's open and highly moddable nature. Otherwise you could have a server join the market that has mods allowing gold farms or whatnot, flooding the economy.
Yes, it would have to be in agreement between server admins so that the worlds had roughly the same type and generation of ores.
FaceDeer wrote:One possibility does come to mind that would be a lot harder to game. There's a cryptocurrency called Ethereum that supports "smart contracts" and the issuance of custom tokens. You could have a Minetest smart contract that issues tokens representing various things like "gold ore", "gold lump", "gold ingot", etc., and that allows them to be interconverted using a universally-defined set of crafting recipes. Then when a new server joins the system it could be issued a block of natural resource tokens, and as players mine those resources the server transfers them to the players' accounts. The only vulnerability in the system is the step where a server gets issued those blocks of natural resource tokens, that would need to be controlled somehow to prevent nefariousness.

This would require a massive amount of programming to accomplish, though. Not something we're likely to see any time soon. This is a really big proposal. :)
That is… the next logical step, of course :D

The main idea here is creating social bonds between players on different servers, be it chat, trading or something else (ideas welcome!).

Chibi ghost
In-game: Ghost

by Chibi ghost » Post

Chibi ghost wrote:
Sokomine wrote:
nuts it's not admitting new players right now
yey found one that worked hidden in the mobs redo thread
a full list of mobs that work with redo on the front page would be nice instead of mooching though 40 odd pages of posts but other than that thank you to Sokomine for pointing me in the right direction
Attachments
screenshot_20170515_184827.png
(336.76 KiB) Not downloaded yet

daveonatrain

by daveonatrain » Post

hi can you make a light that is real bright and lights up a large area :)

Gerald
In-game: gerald7

by Gerald » Post

daveonatrain wrote:hi can you make a light that is real bright and lights up a large area :)
The engine does not support bright lights. One can bypass this by additional invisble light emitting nodes.
Some existing mods:
mini_sun by bdjnk
lights by addi
technic_light by me

DS-minetest
GitHub: Desour
IRC: DS-minetest
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by DS-minetest » Post

Gerald wrote:
daveonatrain wrote:hi can you make a light that is real bright and lights up a large area :)
The engine does not support bright lights. One can bypass this by additional invisble light emitting nodes.
Some existing mods:
mini_sun by bdjnk
lights by addi
technic_light by me
What about voxel manipulation? https://github.com/minetest/minetest/bl ... .txt#L3493
Note that I've recently renamed myself on github and co. to "Desour". (I'm bad at naming things.)
Feel free to call me DS.

Gerald
In-game: gerald7

by Gerald » Post

DS-minetest wrote: What about voxel manipulation? https://github.com/minetest/minetest/bl ... .txt#L3493
Yeah, this should work. But a new calculation drops these light values, doesn't it?

christoferlevich
GitHub: ChristoferL

Re: Post your mod requests/ideas here hide and.seek

by christoferlevich » Post

Would love to see a hide and seek that hides in Game name but tags anyone else the player physically sees as it. The person becoming "it" is blinded for a time - 10 to 15 seconds - if the game is set for.mtiple.rounds. If game ends on first catch that's that - but mtiple.rounds could make the player who is it the most loses.
everything can be a learning experience...

Urist

by Urist » Post

More realistic mining:

I would really like to build mines, but the existence of caves and the random distribution of ores means that running through caves is the most profitable way to mine ores. What I am searching for is a change to the distribution of ores so that the total amount of ore is reduced or stays the same, but ores cluster together more. This maybe could be achieved by reducing the generated amount of each ore and then when loading the world checking for the amount of each ore in each loaded chunk. If a threshold for that specific ore is surpassed then more of that ore are distributed in this chunk. This would have the effect that if you mine a bit into the ground and find a lot of a certain type of ore it is beneficial to build a mine, because in this chunk you are more likely to find more of the ore.

I am not sure if this is achievable without changes to the engine which is why I ask the community for ideas how to achieve a solution to my problem.

Thanks in advance for answers,
~Urist
~Urist

texmex

by texmex » Post

Urist wrote:More realistic mining:

I would really like to build mines, but the existence of caves and the random distribution of ores means that running through caves is the most profitable way to mine ores. What I am searching for is a change to the distribution of ores so that the total amount of ore is reduced or stays the same, but ores cluster together more. This maybe could be achieved by reducing the generated amount of each ore and then when loading the world checking for the amount of each ore in each loaded chunk. If a threshold for that specific ore is surpassed then more of that ore are distributed in this chunk. This would have the effect that if you mine a bit into the ground and find a lot of a certain type of ore it is beneficial to build a mine, because in this chunk you are more likely to find more of the ore.

I am not sure if this is achievable without changes to the engine which is why I ask the community for ideas how to achieve a solution to my problem.

Thanks in advance for answers,
~Urist
I'm all for this. Perhaps ores can be associated to biomes, so that you have to travel some while the ores are more concentrated.

texmex

by texmex » Post

Aquariums! I recently discovered that connected glass nodes may be filled with water, which would be the base for the aquarium, whichever size desired.

Another mod would provide slightly glowing particle based shoals of fish. Players would then catch with fishing net or a landing net to eat or put in aquarium. Outside water, the fish would die off.

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

ThomasMonroe wrote:Ok guys this might be a shock to all of you, but i have an idea for a complete redstone clone, we could call it something like bluestone, or something to that effect.
now do not get me wrong in this, i love mesecons like everyone else, but it is geared more towards making digital stuff like clocks tic-tac-toe and things like that.
however, redstone in MC is geared more towards piston oriented contraptions, such as doors or block swappers. i think that a redstone clone would make these operations be much simpler to create.
please tell me what you think about this idea.
You obviously overlooked MineClone 2. Very WIP, but feedback is always welcome.
My creations. I gladly accept bitcoins: 17fsUywHxeMHKG41UFfu34F1rAxZcrVoqH

dan42
In-game: dan42

by dan42 » Post

Has a Mod like "Minecraft Armourer's Workshop" ever been attempted for Minetest?
The Ability to create custom Wearable armor and Weapons was very neat, although it needs to be enhanced by providing Slope blocks as an option to get smooth armor surfaces.

texmex

by texmex » Post

I believe it isn't possible with what MT can do currently, no.

DS-minetest
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by DS-minetest » Post

I think, that would be possible.
But it would need many objects attached to each other. Perhaps it would create much lag.
Note that I've recently renamed myself on github and co. to "Desour". (I'm bad at naming things.)
Feel free to call me DS.

muhdnurhidayat
GitHub: mnh48
IRC: muhdnurhidayat
In-game: muhdnurhidayat

by muhdnurhidayat » Post

I think it is possible even without multiple object attached (as different objects could be coded to become one object when they gets attached), but the model file that needs to be loaded might be big and still causes lag.

Just compare servers that have moreblocks and not having moreblocks... You would find server using moreblocks is lagger (even just slightly more lag) because the all sorts of shapes from moreblocks (1 to 8 levels of panels, 1 to 8 level of width, 45 degree slope, 30 degree slope lower, 30 degree slope higher etc.) uses different models to make up the shape of moreblocks.
[ Full signature ] - UTC+8 here, I'm muhdnurhidayat in most Minetest servers. / Twitter ✂️- - - - -

Contributes to Minetest Wiki.
Also uses MT Offtopic forum.
You just read my profile, right?
Because these few texts of signature only appear on profile page as the texts are cut in signature. xD

Sires
GitHub: Sires0
IRC: Sires
In-game: Sires Sores Siri Seris or anything ppl call me

by Sires » Post

Uhm minetest needs mods like "Towny in MC". Something like:
You can create a town, the town has protected area, to get more area you can buy it(or attack if the mod will have wars), you invite people to join your town, you sell some town areas to people build, the town have taxes(you can set by something like: /town settaxes 100), and to the town keep alive you need to pay a defult value + a value by area you have claimed, something like: 500 + 50*blocksowned(just an example). If the town bankrupt it just stops existing, all the buildings gets unprotected. Also the town have a bank where you can deposit and withdraw and the town has ranks like builder(can build anywhere) normal_citizen and stuff.

This giant mod + economy mod + multiplayer dedicated server + maybe some other minetest mods(I would like to see technic and pipeworks together with this giant mod) = Sooo much fun :D
But well, I think a server with economy and this mod is just a dream.
But why not start creating(if someone didn't create it first)

A little list of what the mod should do:
1 Protected town area. 2 People can buy and sell town areas. 3 Town has a bank. 4 Town has an area diveded into "parts" where you can buy them. 5 It have to support some economy mod. 6 Town has ranks with special things for each rank. 7 Town has taxes. 8 All the stuff I forgot to say here
I don't have anything important to say.

dan42
In-game: dan42

by dan42 » Post

Technically speaking if anyone has used the Armourer's Workshop mod they would know the Mod Scans a Building made out of Blocks and Converts this Structure into a Single Mesh, (As in Single Object/entity)

This completely avoids the performance issues and greatly simplifies the program, since the player is wearing one object.
https://youtu.be/8XXj3GEYcjY?t=377
(This point in the video should show how this building is built to fit the shape of the player)
(Granted a Separate building is made for each section of armor (Head, Leggings, Chest, etc)

(Implementing 3d Skins is another option of course, but it does not have the neat business transactions that custom armor items have) (Unless one had some fancy skin store or something like that)

DS-minetest

by DS-minetest » Post

Btw since some time I am a bit working again on a hats mod, it attaches a hat to eg. the player's "Head" bone. I will improve this mod and then there will be something like this mc mod. The only but big difference will be that the player can't build it in game but has to use blender to create it. This gives more possibilities for the creator but makes it a bit more difficult.
Feel free to call me DS.

texmex

by texmex » Post

DS-minetest wrote:Btw since some time I am a bit working again on a hats mod, it attaches a hat to eg. the player's "Head" bone. I will improve this mod and then there will be something like this mc mod. The only but big difference will be that the player can't build it in game but has to use blender to create it. This gives more possibilities for the creator but makes it a bit more difficult.
Hey, that sounds nice. Good luck!