Post your mod requests/ideas here

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

Re: Post your mod requests/ideas here

by Sokomine » Post

StarNinjas wrote: Thanks guys. Yes i have tried Mineclone2 but it does not have XP, But it would have to be like Minecraft's, and i don't think there is a mod like what i am thinking.
Take a look at AdventureTest. It has experience blobs that appear when you kill a mob or dig something. The experience blobs can be picked up and collected. Once you come accross a bookshelf, you can invest your experience RPG-like into skills. The skills are needed for more successful crafting.
Matthias the miner wrote: Hey! Is it possible to get a better shared locked chest mod? Like on VanessaE’s server, there are wooden shared locked chests, but they aren’t the best. You have to carry a key with you to acces. Could it be like a one time password and that user is allowed? Oh yeah, and could it be pipework enabled?
The chests from my locks mod ought to support that. There are afaik also chests in the Landrush mod that grant access based on who can build in the area. Or have a look at my chesttools mod which provideds chests which can swap inventory between bags and chest more easily. They provide the same sharing functionality as the Landrush chests - i.e. if you can build where the chest stands (and the land is protected), then you can access its inventory. The chesttools chests make inventory handling with bags a lot easier and avoid a lot of clicks.
Lord_Vlad wrote: From a small unknown mod called Minecraft plus I think. It changed the minecraft default animals into their savage conterpart, before you breed them. Two differences with the base animals : they defend themselves if attacked, and they give less drops if killed. It really makes breeding more valuable than hunting.
After reading about TenPlus1 introducing cats that hunt mice/rats, I wondered if mobs might not "breed" in the wild as well. There ought to be small versions of the adult mobs running around occasionally. It might be necessary to find and catch young annimals because those could be the only ones that might be tameable.
SilverSea wrote: I want to make a seasons mod, I was dissapointed with minecraft when they added biomes instead of seasons. Seasons would also make temperature a lot more interesting if the player lives in a temperate climate. My main hesitation with making the mod is keeping track of the trees. I feel like I would need to store them in a database so I could cause them to drop their leaves in late autumn and then regrow when spring came around.
There used to be a mod named 4seasons around. It changed the grass node and the leaves for each season and was a lot of fun to have. The landscape changed during gameplay. Trouble is that it's pretty server-intensive and will only do the changes when a player passes by. So you might enter an area that looks like winter (because it was winter last time someone came along) and will suddenly turn into summer (or whatever the current season is).
The trees don't have to loose their leaves. They just need to change them to a diffrent, minimal texture. For that, the nodes have to change, and that's pretty expensive.
A list of my mods can be found here.

LMD
GitHub: appgurueu
IRC: appguru[eu]
In-game: LMD

by LMD » Post

There used to be a mod named 4seasons around. It changed the grass node and the leaves for each season and was a lot of fun to have. The landscape changed during gameplay. Trouble is that it's pretty server-intensive and will only do the changes when a player passes by. So you might enter an area that looks like winter (because it was winter last time someone came along) and will suddenly turn into summer (or whatever the current season is).
"when a player passes by" -> to solve that, just set active block range higher than maximum viewingrange...
My stuff: Projects - Mods - Website

amadin

by amadin » Post

Last edited by amadin on Wed Dec 18, 2019 19:18, edited 2 times in total.

SilverSea

by SilverSea » Post

Made a topic for my mod so I won't clog up this topic with my modding questions
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20386

I've started learning L-trees, also thanks again LMD.

CWz
GitHub: chaoswormz
IRC: CWz
In-game: CWz

by CWz » Post

I need to figure out how to make mod that removes excessive blank spaces. ie more than 1

csirolli
GitHub: HeyITGuyFixIt
IRC: CSirolli
In-game: CSirolli

by csirolli » Post

CWz wrote:I need to figure out how to make mod that removes excessive blank spaces. ie more than 1
What do you mean by blank spaces?

LMD

by LMD » Post

use lua string.gsub : string.gsub(chat_msg, "%s*"," "), correct me if I'm wrong.
and then minetest.register_on_chat_message(take a look here : https://appgurueu.github.io/lua_api.html#gheader231 )

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

CWz wrote:removes excessive blank spaces. ie more than 1
LMD wrote:string.gsub(chat_msg, "%s*"," "), correct me if I'm wrong.
Your gsub pattern can match empty and insert a space there. However, we need at least two spaces/space-alike characters to make gsub useful. Given "input_string" is a variable where you want to remove superfluous spaces, check the code below. string:trim() cuts off head and tail spaces - it is provided by the Minetest API.

Code: Select all

local trimmed_string = (input_string:gsub("%s%s+"," ")):trim()
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

LMD

by LMD » Post

learning from the master :) (btw : never used string gsub before)

Sires
GitHub: Sires0
IRC: Sires
In-game: Sires Sores Siri Seris or anything ppl call me

by Sires » Post

May I give my suggestion, I'd love to see digiline controlled pistons.
Also if you can, double pistons(controlled by digilines too)! I mean, a piston that pushes a node 2 meters away instead of 1
I don't have anything important to say.

hajo

by hajo » Post

Sires wrote:digiline controlled pistons.. piston that pushes a node 2 meters away
Why use clumsy pistons, if you could use movers (from basic-machines),
or robots (from basic-robots) ?

Sires
GitHub: Sires0
IRC: Sires
In-game: Sires Sores Siri Seris or anything ppl call me

by Sires » Post

hajo wrote:
Sires wrote:digiline controlled pistons.. piston that pushes a node 2 meters away
Why use clumsy pistons, if you could use movers (from basic-machines),
or robots (from basic-robots) ?
because they simply are what I want
I don't have anything important to say.

piesquared
GitHub: piecubed
IRC: piesquared
In-game: piesquared Matthias

by piesquared » Post

Sokomine wrote:
Matthias the miner wrote: Hey! Is it possible to get a better shared locked chest mod? Like on VanessaE’s server, there are wooden shared locked chests, but they aren’t the best. You have to carry a key with you to acces. Could it be like a one time password and that user is allowed? Oh yeah, and could it be pipework enabled?
The chests from my locks mod ought to support that. There are afaik also chests in the Landrush mod that grant access based on who can build in the area. Or have a look at my chesttools mod which provideds chests which can swap inventory between bags and chest more easily. They provide the same sharing functionality as the Landrush chests - i.e. if you can build where the chest stands (and the land is protected), then you can access its inventory. The chesttools chests make inventory handling with bags a lot easier and avoid a lot of clicks.

Um... i think the shared locked chests on VE-S are yours... The landrush one might be good. Can i have a link to that on github? Cant seem to find it. Thanks.

Chiantos

by Chiantos » Post

Would it be possible via buttons of a second hotbar to modify the contents of the inventory bar present in the hotbar? Example, I click on a staircase, it replaces me the inventory of the inventory by the stairs. I choose the windows, the inventory is replaced by the windows. So that this menu can replace the contents of the inventory and therefore of the hot bar linked to the inventory? The idea would be to be able to change the content of the inventory bar by a simple click on a button, as one could do by clicking on a node.

texmex
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: tacotexmex

by texmex » Post

Chiantos wrote:Would it be possible via buttons of a second hotbar to modify the contents of the inventory bar present in the hotbar? Example, I click on a staircase, it replaces me the inventory of the inventory by the stairs. I choose the windows, the inventory is replaced by the windows. So that this menu can replace the contents of the inventory and therefore of the hot bar linked to the inventory? The idea would be to be able to change the content of the inventory bar by a simple click on a button, as one could do by clicking on a node.
https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/2730

Chiantos

by Chiantos » Post

Deleted message
Last edited by Chiantos on Mon Sep 30, 2019 06:45, edited 1 time in total.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Matthias the miner wrote: Um... i think the shared locked chests on VE-S are yours... The landrush one might be good. Can i have a link to that on github? Cant seem to find it.
The mod is called "chesttools" and ought to be linked in the posting in my signature.
A list of my mods can be found here.

StarNinjas
GitHub: starninjas
IRC: StarNinjas
In-game: J1

by StarNinjas » Post

Sokomine wrote:
StarNinjas wrote: Thanks guys. Yes i have tried Mineclone2 but it does not have XP, But it would have to be like Minecraft's, and i don't think there is a mod like what i am thinking.
Take a look at AdventureTest. It has experience blobs that appear when you kill a mob or dig something. The experience blobs can be picked up and collected. Once you come accross a bookshelf, you can invest your experience RPG-like into skills. The skills are needed for more successful crafting.
thanks I hadent seen this post. I found that my buddy GA has an XP mod just like the MC one. but thanks anyways!
Don't go to bed tonight, without knowing what would happen if you died. https://thegospelfilm.org/

KingBull

by KingBull » Post

A means for automatically transfer an item(s) from a locked chest to a chest.

I like to have a public chest with freebies, so that specially new players can help themselves, but unless your there 24-7 to refill.... it gets empty very quickly, so a way to send... say food every specified interval of time from a locked chest would be great. I would only have to fill the locked chest, program it and every day there would be freebies!

I don't know if this already exists, if so please let me know. Thank you!

StarNinjas
GitHub: starninjas
IRC: StarNinjas
In-game: J1

by StarNinjas » Post

Interesting i might be able to help but im not a pro coder in lua
Don't go to bed tonight, without knowing what would happen if you died. https://thegospelfilm.org/

joe7575
GitHub: joe7575
In-game: JoSto wuffi

by joe7575 » Post

KingBull wrote:A means for automatically transfer an item(s) from a locked chest to a chest.

I like to have a public chest with freebies, so that specially new players can help themselves, but unless your there 24-7 to refill.... it gets empty very quickly, so a way to send... say food every specified interval of time from a locked chest would be great. I would only have to fill the locked chest, program it and every day there would be freebies!

I don't know if this already exists, if so please let me know. Thank you!
Not as single mod, I guess, but implemented by means of any technique mod. For example with TechPack it will look like:

Code: Select all

[S]
[C]--[P]--[L]
[C] ... chest
... sequencer to start the pusher from time to time for a few seconds
[P] ... pusher to push/pull the items from [C] to [L]
[L] ... locked chest
--- .... tubes to connect the nodes
Sent from my Commodore 64. Some of my Mods: Tech Age, TechPack, Hyperloop, Tower Crane, Lumberjack, vm16, Minecart, Signs Bot.

KingBull

by KingBull » Post

Thanks joe7575, I'm going to try that!

KingBull

by KingBull » Post

How do I connect the sequencer to the pusher?
I can't get the sequencer to start - stop the pusher, and can't seem to connect it with tubes....

KingBull

by KingBull » Post

Solved it! I had to tell the secuencer-timer the number of the device to activate!

KingBull

by KingBull » Post

The TechPack seems to work well for this. Problem is most server's I play in: Banana Land, Anarchy, [2018]IFS, Craig's Server, Chuchelan Relodaded, Legends of Survival, don't have installed yet the TechPack mod.
They do however use Mesecons mod... could this be accomplished with the components of that mod?