IRC: hacknorris
In-game: hacknorris

Re: Post your mod requests/ideas here

by hacknorris » Post

Miniontoby wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:16
hacknorris wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 15:18
nvm. already got out of it. someone was before me with it... :/ project - denied
If your still interested, checkout the laptop mod
laptop mod. lol. its only nodes... not code and apps/commands

joe7575
GitHub: joe7575
In-game: JoSto wuffi

by joe7575 » Post

hacknorris wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:19
not this... more pdp-13 or vm 16. just that with normal gui apps, user management, commandline and very big extensablilty (ability to create apps - both gui and cli, api for other mods to create app entrys... etc etc). like linux generally. just that it exists so i left...
vm16 is just the virtual CPU, PDP-13 (which uses vm16) is far from what you dream of.
PDP-13 only has a CLI, text output, and an very basic OS more like CP/M or FLEX.
So there is a lot of room for improvements and other mods. So don't give up so easily... :)
Sent from my Commodore 64. Some of my Mods: Tech Age, TechPack, Hyperloop, Tower Crane, Lumberjack, vm16, Minecart, Signs Bot.

hacknorris
GitHub: hacknorris-aka-penguin

by hacknorris » Post

i gave up cuz that i wasnt first and also i saw "copyright" word inside readme on github... its not that features os smth, yea?

MisterE
GitHub: MisterE123
IRC: MisterE
In-game: MisterE

by MisterE » Post

you keep saying 'real' minecraft as if minetest is some sort of fake minecraft. its not, its its own thing. (except for the mineclone games)

Eris
IRC: definitelya Ovalo
In-game: Eris_still_crafts

by Eris » Post

I wonder the gimmick of this game can be replicated in Minetest:
4D Miner Demo
Jump in the caac

Miniontoby
GitHub: Miniontoby
IRC: Miniontoby
In-game: Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

Hey. I would like a mod which makes the game into minecrafts adventure mode. So you cannot break, place or interact with blocks unless thry have some kind of data that can allow you to do one of those things. And please make it so worldedit will be able to save and load that data of the block.

I am creating a game and really would like to have this.
Working on mtctl ---- Check my mod "Doorbell" -- Stay safe

MisterE

by MisterE » Post

Miniontoby wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 08:21
Hey. I would like a mod which makes the game into minecrafts adventure mode. So you cannot break, place or interact with blocks unless thry have some kind of data that can allow you to do one of those things. And please make it so worldedit will be able to save and load that data of the block.

it seems to me that implementing that would be trivially easy. why not do it yourself? You would make a protection mod that would make everything protected unless it had the data you talked about.

MisterE

by MisterE » Post

Eris wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 16:43
4D Miner Demo
no, not without major engine changes, whether that is worth it is up to you.

Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

MisterE wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 03:54
Miniontoby wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 08:21

it seems to me that implementing that would be trivially easy. why not do it yourself? You would make a protection mod that would make everything protected unless it had the data you talked about.
Ok, thanks for the idea

Also @everyone, is there any way to add a suffix to the player tag as being an image. And could we also do that using csm?

Eris
IRC: definitelya Ovalo
In-game: Eris_still_crafts

by Eris » Post

MisterE wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 03:55
Eris wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 16:43
4D Miner Demo
no, not without major engine changes, whether that is worth it is up to you.
Well, maybe it will be possible eventually, thanks though.
Jump in the caac

Cranriold

by Cranriold » Post

Can you guys make a new terrain generator based on Minecraft's "Caves & Cliffs Update"?

Here's a useful reference on how they do it:

Minecraft terrain generation in a nutshell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSa5O6knuwI

amishrobots
GitHub: amishrobots
In-game: amishrobots

by amishrobots » Post

will someone plz make a KRULL mod?
Fire-mares
slayers
cyclops
glaive
the black fortress
shape-shifting spells
gooseberries

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

@amishrobots - this sounds awesome :)

hacknorris

by hacknorris » Post

i currently want one really smol mod - something which will show in hud or even formspec coordinates of THING IM POINTING TO. not player (me), thing im pointing. my god, why i always need to use no-clip to get such data... ;-;

Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

hacknorris wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 17:49
i currently want one really smol mod - something which will show in hud or even formspec coordinates of THING IM POINTING TO. not player (me), thing im pointing. my god, why i always need to use no-clip to get such data... ;-;
Use f5 (or f7) IIRC.
But I can make you a csm for this (client sided mod) which will work at any server without installing it on the server

hacknorris

by hacknorris » Post

Miniontoby wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 06:37
hacknorris wrote:
Use f5 (or f7) IIRC.
But I can make you a csm for this (client sided mod) which will work at any server without installing it on the server
actually f5 doesnt show it... it shows only my position, not where im pointing at. practically i need to use no-clip to enter this node, so then my position is same asnode position... and for the now i tested tons of mods where none have such function ;-;
just look at this. where is node position? i have only angle im looking at and node im currently in, not pointing position...
Zrzut ekranu 2022-06-23 085713.png
Zrzut ekranu 2022-06-23 085713.png (73.52 KiB) Viewed 4518 times

Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

hacknorris wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 06:55
Miniontoby wrote:
hacknorris wrote:
Use f5 (or f7) IIRC.
actually f5 doesnt show it... it shows only my position, not where im pointing at. practically i need to use no-clip to enter this node, so then my position is same asnode position... and for the now i tested tons of mods where none have such function ;-;
just look at this. where is node position? i have only angle im looking at and node im currently in, not pointing position...
To be honest i think in one version it actually showed it but it has been removed

I will make you a csm or just implement this into my adv_csm...

hacknorris

by hacknorris » Post

Miniontoby wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 09:14
hacknorris wrote:
Miniontoby wrote:

Use f5 (or f7) IIRC.
Just look at the end of line 2 of your screenshot, it says "pointed: default:dirt_with_grass" but yeah true it doesn't say the location of it...

no. i already have it... in bundle of "replacer" mod... and not in hud but formspec after click :/

Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

hacknorris wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 09:16
Miniontoby wrote:
hacknorris wrote:

Just look at the end of line 2 of your screenshot, it says "pointed: default:dirt_with_grass" but yeah true it doesn't say the location of it...

no. i already have it... in bundle of "replacer" mod... and not in hud but formspec after click :/
I can make you csm to show on hud... but oke WHY DO YOU ask if you already have one....

hacknorris

by hacknorris » Post

Miniontoby wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 09:18
hacknorris wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 09:16
Miniontoby wrote:

I can make you csm to show on hud... but oke WHY DO YOU ask if you already have one....
because then i didnt had and now i just forgor to post that i already found :/

AmyMoriyama
GitHub: AmyMoriyama

by AmyMoriyama » Post

Chat word replacer.

Have a word list with word to be matched and word to replace it with.

Example:
Someone: hi i hate chocolate

If the list contains the word hate and the replacement word for hate is love, then the chat will show "hi i love chocolate".

Each word to match should have a place to put a word to replace it with.

The goal of this is many. It can be used to replace cursewords with non-cursewords. It can be used to troll as well. Every chat filter I have seen so far simply warns and/or kicks. I have yet to find a chat word replacer mod.

So, I really wish it would exist. I hope someone makes it. If you do, thank you. :-)

EDIT: It would also be cool to have a "shop" that can be used as an admin shop that can sell things via commands. For example, could sell fly priv for a certain amount of diamond blocks. The player put in the blocks and buy and the shop runs the command on the player that the admin setup.

EDIT EDIT: A pollution mod that would release "pollutants" the more combustibles are used in an area. Sort of like this forge mod, I do miss it as it adds quite the interesting challenge.
https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc ... the-realms

c56
GitHub: tigercoding56
In-game: bm5 or bemo5 also sell_her_on55

by c56 » Post

my mod request is a mod that runs on a server and waits for other programs to write chat commands to a file (mod-dir/input.txt maybe) and then erases everything in the file ( so it does not execute a command 2ce ) and just places the output of the command it ran into another file (mod-dir/cmdoutput.txt)
bonus points if it puts the chat into another file (mod-dir/chat.txt) usage : administering my server without joining every time ( as it takes a while to join ) via ssh (as i only need an echo "/whatever command" >> input-file.txt)
this is a signature not a place to post messages also if i could change my username i would change it to sell_her_on55

ridgy
GitHub: SaiPanneerselvam
IRC: Ridgy_Jr+Ridgy_J-r
In-game: Ridgy_J-r

by ridgy » Post

I want admin on a game called "BlockCity Creative" because multiple people have banned me (temp) multiple time in the name "Just for fun".

Grubler
In-game: Grubler

by Grubler » Post

I wish I knew how to do these things... In the collection of mods I have, I would like the temp survive one to be able to cool your down if you aren't in sunlight, and I have had this idea for dirt that is touching a water block to turn into mud that you sink halfway down into. I was also wondering recently if it may be possible to control the darkness of the nighttime based on the phases of the moon. I also have a mod that lets me use rocks to build cobblestone structures by hand, but I don't know how to make it be able to be broken down completely again by hand. I have a mod that makes plants appear on grass blocks, but it doesn't recognize light levels. I have the soft leaves mod and can climb the leaves, but I would like them to have a chance to break when you do so, and I don't know how to make that happen. I also once heard it may be possible to make the same blocks spawn with different textures randomly, and that may be interesting, but I don't know how to do that. Has anyone ever thought about adding multiple types of stones and having them relate to the elevation of the ground maybe a bit like how geology may be in real life?

AmyMoriyama
GitHub: AmyMoriyama

by AmyMoriyama » Post

I have another mod suggestion: vampire

Ok so, make it so that a player can build a multiblock structure (a dark altar) that when activated will "infect them" (turn them into a vampire) or have the ability to "attack" other players via a bite which gives a certain percentage chance of turning a player into a vampire. This percentage should be a setting that the server admin can configure. Vampires take damage in the daytime unless there is at least one solid block above them. Vampires can only get rid of their hunger with the blood of other players or the blood of animals (less effective than players and the smaller the animal, the less effective it is). They can create flasks/bottles of blood using a special tool (injures the player/animal it is used on) and the bottle/flask of blood can quench hunger of vampires, or kill non-vampires if consumed. Vampires should also be a little faster than regular players and deal a slight bit more damage, but be very weak against water and wooden weapons/tools. To be able to be around water, there should probably be some kind of suit (of armor?) that a vampire can wear to stay exposed to water for a set time (based on armor? durability). Same suit can also help lower damage from wooden tools/weapons. A wooden sword should be able to one hit kill a vampire without any armor and a vampire should die quickly in daylight, maybe in a second or two of being exposed. There should probably also be a hostile mob "truce" that will keep the nighttime hostile mobs away from vampires unless the vampires break the truce via attacking. The truce is then restored after a full minetest day/night cycle if the vampire doesn't attack any more hostile mobs during that time.

Vampires should also be able to be cured (turned back into a regular player) via a multiblock structure (altar of light) that cures when activated by a vampire. Could maybe also add potions of sorts for similar curing.