Post your mod requests/ideas here

oxenfreedan
Member
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 01:39
Location: mars

by oxenfreedan » Wed May 08, 2013 01:07

Could someone make a grappling hook mod?
The string for it could be crafted like this
XXX
GGX
XXX
G=grass X=blank

The grapple could be crafted like this
XIX
I I I
I I I

I=ingot

Then the whole gun would be crafted like this possibly
SSS
TTH
S I I

S=stick T=string H= grappling hook

What I would hope for this mod is you could shoot it at any block and it would go out on the string whilr slowly curving downward and then hitting the block if it wasn't to far away and then once a block is hit it pulls you towards that block. So say you build a tower in the sky you shoot the grappling hook it grabs on to the bottom of the tower you delete the brick above you as you hang there then you go thru the opening.

Pls someone make this if you want more ideas for it if you decide to make it just talk to me!!
THX FOR READING!!!
My Awesome Map please try:
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5028
I've played minetest since 0.3.1 came out!
Mostly when on forums I'm using a uniden tablet!
 

Bertmern
New member
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 09:55

by Bertmern » Wed May 08, 2013 12:52

I have a mod idea, for someone to make a mod that displays the name of an item you're holding, like Minecraft does.
 

User avatar
kaeza
Moderator
 
Posts: 2162
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 05:00
Location: Montevideo, Uruguay
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Wed May 08, 2013 13:37

Bertmern wrote:I have a mod idea, for someone to make a mod that displays the name of an item you're holding, like Minecraft does.

I don't know how Minecraft does it, but I came up with this:
Image
Download
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal
 

User avatar
Calinou
Moderator
 
Posts: 3156
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 14:26
Location: Troyes, France
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Wed May 08, 2013 14:40

In Minecraft, that text would be white, not yellow.
 

ch98
Member
 
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 06:14

by ch98 » Fri May 10, 2013 22:33

Some mod that will make only sky islands and no main lands.
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.
 

User avatar
kaeza
Moderator
 
Posts: 2162
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 05:00
Location: Montevideo, Uruguay
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Fri May 10, 2013 22:51

Calinou wrote:In Minecraft, that text would be white, not yellow.

Revised version with white text and drop shadow: Download

It also has a timer that removes the item name after a specified amount of time.

Text color, shadow color, and timeout configurable at top of `init.lua' (set a high timeout like 1000000 to effectively disable it).

EDIT: License is WTFPL. I'll probably add this one to my misc stuff later.
Last edited by kaeza on Fri May 10, 2013 22:54, edited 1 time in total.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal
 

User avatar
Evergreen
Member
 
Posts: 2135
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 01:22
Location: A forest in the midwest
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Fri May 10, 2013 23:19

kaeza wrote:
Calinou wrote:In Minecraft, that text would be white, not yellow.

Revised version with white text and drop shadow: Download

It also has a timer that removes the item name after a specified amount of time.

Text color, shadow color, and timeout configurable at top of `init.lua' (set a high timeout like 1000000 to effectively disable it).

EDIT: License is WTFPL. I'll probably add this one to my misc stuff later.

Awesome idea. I just tested it, and it works great.
Back from the dead!
 

User avatar
12Me21
Member
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 00:36
Location: (Ignore all of my posts before 2018)
GitHub: 12Me21

by 12Me21 » Sat May 11, 2013 01:27

I would be cool if they had something like tripwires (from minecraft) in mesecons, only instead of tripwires it should be lasers.
Shoutouts to Simpleflips
 

User avatar
Evergreen
Member
 
Posts: 2135
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 01:22
Location: A forest in the midwest
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Sat May 11, 2013 01:50

12Me21 wrote:I would be cool if they had something like tripwires (from minecraft) in mesecons, only instead of tripwires it should be lasers.

That probably would be doable. I might try to do it.
Back from the dead!
 

User avatar
12Me21
Member
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 00:36
Location: (Ignore all of my posts before 2018)
GitHub: 12Me21

by 12Me21 » Sat May 11, 2013 14:27

There should be 3 nodes that you place, the laser emitter and 2 types of detector. The emitter needs to have power from mesecons to work, and when one type of detector does not detect a laser beam, it sends power to mesecons, and the other type of detector would do the opposite.
Shoutouts to Simpleflips
 

User avatar
lonely
Member
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 15:30
Location: Germany

by lonely » Tue May 14, 2013 18:22

Aperture science:[url]http:forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5917[/url]
I v'e got MineCraft now, so goodbye. You can look for me at the minecraft forum. my name there
is Portalfreaky.
 

User avatar
windmere33
Member
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 19:21
Location: North Carolina, USA

by windmere33 » Thu May 16, 2013 09:56

Would it be possible to change the crosshair to a circle? I know kaeza did it in his firearms mod, but I just want it as a texture.
Active Contributor To Thaumtest!
 

User avatar
Jordach
Member
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 17:58
Location: Blender Scene
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Thu May 16, 2013 10:01

windmere33 wrote:Would it be possible to change the crosshair to a circle? I know kaeza did it in his firearms mod, but I just want it as a texture.
Use the Lua HUD API.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19056 Solar Plains Dev Server
 

User avatar
kaeza
Moderator
 
Posts: 2162
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 05:00
Location: Montevideo, Uruguay
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Thu May 16, 2013 10:12

windmere33 wrote:Would it be possible to change the crosshair to a circle? I know kaeza did it in his firearms mod, but I just want it as a texture.

Just draw a circle on your favorite paint program, and use my crosshair_ex mod from this modpack as a basis.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal
 

ch98
Member
 
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 06:14

by ch98 » Fri May 17, 2013 00:41

Can someone make natural disaster modpack for me? (with things like mudslide and meseor impacts) I would like to make it but I have no working computer for minetest.
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.
 

qznc
Member
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 09:02

by qznc » Fri May 17, 2013 08:20

Idea: earthquake

I believe it should be possible to implement an earthquake effect like this:

  • Shake player view
  • Randomly let blocks of any kind (especially cobblestone,bricks, and other building material) fall
  • Randomly destroy blocks of certain kinds (glass,sand)
 

User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
Location: Germany
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Fri May 17, 2013 11:39

qznc wrote:Idea: earthquake

I believe it should be possible to implement an earthquake effect like this:

  • Shake player view
  • Randomly let blocks of any kind (especially cobblestone,bricks, and other building material) fall
  • Randomly destroy blocks of certain kinds (glass,sand)

The shaking player view is not possible with the API.
 

ch98
Member
 
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 06:14

by ch98 » Fri May 17, 2013 14:54

PilzAdam wrote:
qznc wrote:Idea: earthquake

I believe it should be possible to implement an earthquake effect like this:

  • Shake player view
  • Randomly let blocks of any kind (especially cobblestone,bricks, and other building material) fall
  • Randomly destroy blocks of certain kinds (glass,sand)

The shaking player view is not possible with the API.

How about shaking player themselves?
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.
 

User avatar
sfan5
Moderator
 
Posts: 3816
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 09:44
Location: Germany
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Fri May 17, 2013 15:00

That'd be laggy
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)
 

oxenfreedan
Member
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 01:39
Location: mars

by oxenfreedan » Sat May 18, 2013 18:39

oxenfreedan wrote:Could someone make a grappling hook mod?
The string for it could be crafted like this
XXX
GGX
XXX
G=grass X=blank

The grapple could be crafted like this
XIX
I I I
I I I

I=ingot

Then the whole gun would be crafted like this possibly
SSS
TTH
S I I

S=stick T=string H= grappling hook

What I would hope for this mod is you could shoot it at any block and it would go out on the string whilr slowly curving downward and then hitting the block if it wasn't to far away and then once a block is hit it pulls you towards that block. So say you build a tower in the sky you shoot the grappling hook it grabs on to the bottom of the tower you delete the brick above you as you hang there then you go thru the opening.

Pls someone make this if you want more ideas for it if you decide to make it just talk to me!!
THX FOR READING!!!

Could someone pls make? They have a mod like this sorta in minecraft already.
My Awesome Map please try:
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5028
I've played minetest since 0.3.1 came out!
Mostly when on forums I'm using a uniden tablet!
 

musicfreak34
Member
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 16:53
Location: Germany

by musicfreak34 » Sat May 18, 2013 20:12

What about a ball mod to play soccer together?

Or is that impossible?
Last edited by musicfreak34 on Sun May 19, 2013 20:19, edited 1 time in total.
You have no chance, so use.

When is the release of the next minetestversion? ;-)
 

BenAmaranth
Member
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 15:14

by BenAmaranth » Mon May 27, 2013 01:24

kelp forest style seaweed.

Im a fan of making half submerged Bond villain style castles and Id kinda like something to look at out there on the ocean floor. Besides the one sea mod (which is great but doesnt add much aesthetically) there isnt much going on underwater in minetest
Air (you hacker you!)
 

ch98
Member
 
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 06:14

by ch98 » Mon May 27, 2013 01:25

3D crafting Idea. (I don't have working minetest computer so just going to share this idea)
You can craft larger objects by creating a certain pattern with certain objects with special 3d crafting node in middle. after it is made, you punch on 3D crafting node and it detects positions around it and compare it to a list, then replace everything with larger node. Dig it to drop starting materials. This can be used in large machines like factory and car so it is more realistic.
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.
 

qznc
Member
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 09:02

by qznc » Mon May 27, 2013 06:34

ch98 wrote:3D crafting Idea. (I don't have working minetest computer so just going to share this idea)
You can craft larger objects by creating a certain pattern with certain objects with special 3d crafting node in middle. after it is made, you punch on 3D crafting node and it detects positions around it and compare it to a list, then replace everything with larger node. Dig it to drop starting materials. This can be used in large machines like factory and car so it is more realistic.


What I don't like about the "inventory crafting" of Minecraft/-test is that you can show it in-world. If another player comes up and asks "how to craft a chest?" You cannot demonstrate it. Maybe you respond with some cryptic symbols "w,w,w|w,,w|w,w,w" or something? A 3D crafting mechanism would enable me to make my crafting (for everything, not just large machines) visible to other players.
 

User avatar
kaeza
Moderator
 
Posts: 2162
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 05:00
Location: Montevideo, Uruguay
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Mon May 27, 2013 06:37

That is a cool idea, though I have one little point: normal inventory should not be disabled (else, how would you craft the "crafting block"?)
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal
 

PreviousNext

Return to Modding Discussion



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests