Post your mod requests/ideas here

InfinityProject

Post your mod requests/ideas here

by InfinityProject » Post

Since many people clutter the forums with topics of ideas I made a place to post your ideas.
Last edited by InfinityProject on Fri Jul 20, 2012 06:17, edited 1 time in total.

Stef

by Stef » Post

Moretrees mod: -darktree --> darkwood
- Christmastree --> wood
-Birchtree --> clearwood
-RedwoodTree --> Redwood (brown-red)
Sorry for my crappy english, im dutch :D

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

First and second idea http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2324
Third: Mod making player glow (like super glow glass, or only in point(like real flashlight), if it's possible) when he is holding some item (ex. flashlight), or he have it in inventory.
Last edited by cactuz_pl on Thu Jul 19, 2012 16:13, edited 1 time in total.
Nope

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Post

if someones willing to make the 3D models (nodebox) for new trees ill write the code. Im sick of square trees and trying to make em look different lol
Last edited by mauvebic on Thu Jul 19, 2012 16:52, edited 1 time in total.

Menche
IRC: Menchers
In-game: Menche

by Menche » Post

mauvebic wrote:if someones willing to make the 3D models (nodebox) for new trees ill write the code. Im sick of square trees and trying to make em look different lol
Tonyka's 3D Forniture Mod has 3d trees.
An innocent kitten dies every time you top-post.

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Post

just the tree/wood yeah. but im talking about the mid-size branches in between, and less square-looking leaves? something closer to real trees.
Last edited by mauvebic on Thu Jul 19, 2012 17:10, edited 1 time in total.

Stef

by Stef » Post

you can maybe also make it possible to write on signs like in minecraft

InfinityProject

mauvebic wrote:just the tree/wood yeah. but im talking about the mid-size branches in between, and less square-looking leaves? something closer to real trees.
See but with that you would need many different nodes to make it look good.

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Post

well not that tricky, a round tree truck, and a node peice that sees the trunk split into smaller branches, and 3-4 leaves nodes with varying shapes.

like right now, conifers/firs are supposed to look pointy, but you cant do that without making it look like a big pyramid.
Last edited by mauvebic on Thu Jul 19, 2012 18:00, edited 1 time in total.

tonyka

by tonyka » Post

mauvebic wrote:if someones willing to make the 3D models (nodebox) for new trees ill write the code. Im sick of square trees and trying to make em look different lol
branching is a good idea, I already had thought when I did the trunks,
but I have no idea how to do, to get together in a tree.

my idea was to create a nodebox shaped, six-pointed cross, so one end could come out of the trunk, another branch of the tree continued, and the other four the blocks of connect leaves, the new block could give, when picked up sticks
My mod: [MOD]3D Forniture 1.0
Download: 3DForniture_v_1.0.zip
Page development (European Castilian):
Moviliario 3D (proyecto 3D Forniture)

tonyka

by tonyka » Post

InfinityProject wrote:
mauvebic wrote:just the tree/wood yeah. but im talking about the mid-size branches in between, and less square-looking leaves? something closer to real trees.
See but with that you would need many different nodes to make it look good.
which a node has many boxes is not a problem, just a bit complicated but the build, my block chains have 48 boxes, and in my experiments I have to use 100 boxes in a single node

Stef

by Stef » Post

i want the moretrees mod like the trees now

InfinityProject

Blocky?

Stef

by Stef » Post

yes. i will care about textures if its good (sphax style.)

InfinityProject

Ok. Any other ideas?

Stef

by Stef » Post

maybe that you can write on signs like in the real MC, More Arrows mod, light arrow, exploding arrow and that arrows stay sticking in the walls

InfinityProject

Stef wrote:maybe that you can write on signs like in the real MC, More Arrows mod, light arrow, exploding arrow and that arrows stay sticking in the walls
I tried working on the sign but abandoned it.
Morearrows i'm working on something like this.
I have no idea how you would do the arrows staying.

Zigbert

by Zigbert » Post

Would it be possible to add weather?
like with rain it would make puddles that go away after a while, there could be snow to make snow on the ground, blizzards and sandstorms could make it hard to see and maybe bury stuff in snow/sand, or it could not affect anything and be for looks if thats too hard.
I've never used Lua, so I have no idea how or if this could be done, i was just suggesting something

InfinityProject

Maybe. I think it could be possible if you use something like particles by sfan5.

joseht123

by joseht123 » Post

Is a weather mod possible ?

Josh

by Josh » Post

Iv'e got an idea. I was playing a game called Splinter Cell today & i thought if it would be possible to make a night
vision goggles mod. Is it possible?

Josh

by Josh » Post

joseht123 wrote:Is a weather mod possible ?
There is a four seasons mod with summer autum winter & spring it was made by mauvebic. There is also Splizards snow biomes mod.

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Post

some ideas:

-Rocket Launchers
A mod that adds 3 models of rocket launchers:

1. Basic RPG - one-shot rocket launcher that deals medium-high explosion damage. Kills in one hit, also killing entities in a 4-block radius. Also removes and ''drops'' nodes close to the center of the blast (nodes fall onto the ground instead of being removed). May also be reloaded by crafting the empty launcher with a fresh rocket.

2. Re-loadable rocket launcher - kinda like the basic RPG, but automatically reloads if a rocket is in your inventory. Same blast radius, but only removes the node it hits and the 1-block layer around it (a 3x3x3 square)

3. Automatic rocket-launcher - extremely powerful rocket launcher that fires rockets at a quick pace. Rockets have a blast radius of 12, killing everything in that radius and taking 10 HP (5 hearts) from anything in a 15-block radius. Also removes nodes in an 8 block-radius, and drops them where they are, like the other launchers. Flamable nodes in the destruction radius will be set ablaze instead of being destroyed, and sand turns into glass globs, and turns glass into broken glass (un-walkable nodebox model that takes 1 heard per 4 secs. while walking on it). This launcher would probably need mese in the recipe for each ''part'' and even the rockets too, to make it very hard to make/use it (hard for griefers to take control of)
----------------------------------------------------------------

-Fish
A mod that adds a variety of different fish. They spawn only in water, and some spawn in different ''types'' of water, see below:

-Normal fish - A common fish. Not very rare, spawns in water that's 2 blocks deep or deeper, at that depth. Can move anywhere in the water, but will not go into flowing water nodes.

-Trout fish - a common fish, like the one above. They only spawn in flowing water nodes, and can go into water sources, but don't usually stay there long. Usually face against the current of the flowing water nodes. Also they are more colorful than normal fish.

-Bass fish - a kinda rarer fish than common fish. Spawn in water that's 3 blocks deep or deeper, but can move anywhere in the water. They usually don't like going into flowing nodes, and usually avoid them.

-Rainbow trout - a rarer fish. Like the normal trout fish, but more colorful, and they try to stay at least 2 blocks away from the player.

-Goldfish - a small fish that isn't very rare. They spawn in water that's 1 block deep or deeper. They can go through flowing water blocks, and source blocks, but only spawn in source blocks and have a hard time going against the current of flowing water nodes.

-Beta fish - a fish that's very rare, and about as small as the goldfish. They kill other small fish and avoid the player and bigger fish. If they are close to other beta fish, they will fight each other to the death.

-Piranha - a violent fish that spawns in water source nodes that are darker than sunlit nodes. They are violent to the player, and take 3 hearts every 4 seconds. They usually just ignore all other fish.

-Gamma fish - a zombified fish that's very radioactive (gamma fish = gamma rays). They hurt the player 1 heart every 4 seconds if the player is in a 2-block radius, and 1/2 a heart if the player is in a 4 block radius. They only spawn in vast areas of water, near the top 2 layers, and go towards the shore areas (sand/dirt/whatever) and sometimes ''wash up'' on shore as a dead fish, still damaging the player like a normal gamma fish.
(maybe this fish can be used in a ''chemistry'' mod, to make potions of poison/death)

And some objects:
-net - a tool used to catch fish. Catching a fish in a net requires that you ''hit'' the fish with the net, and that you have a bucket of water in your inventory. Catching a fish makes a water bucket into a ''bucket of water with a fish''

-bucket of water with a fish (type of fish here in parentheses)- a bucket of water with a fish in it. Can be ''dumped'' like normal water buckets, and also releases a fish at the center of the water node. Great for making aquariums. Also, if the fish is a ''normal fish'' or ''bass'', the fish can be removed from the bucket by crafting it, which also leaves behind a bucket of water in crafting. Fish can be put in a furnace, to be cooked and eaten.

-Chemistry mod
This mod adds ''potions'' to the game, that have different effects on players/animals. May also use the ''gamma fish'' from the fish mod (described above) to make harming potions (see below):

--------
These potions are fairly easy to make/obtain:

-Potion of Healing
a simple potion that heals 6 HP. Can be used by the player, on other players, and used on undead-type mobs like the vombie from the animals mod, to take 8 hp.

-Potion of Pain
a simple potion that takes 6 HP. Can be used by the player, on other players, and used on undead-type mobs like the vombie from the animals mod, to heal 8 hp.

--------
These potions are kinda hard to make/obtain:

-Potion of Regeneration
a simple potion that heals 2 hp every 10 seconds. Can be used by the player, on other players, and used on undead-type mobs like the vombie from the animals mod, which would have a poisoning effect.

-Potion of Poison
a simple potion that takes 4 HP every 10 seconds. Can be used by the player, on other players, and used on undead-type mobs like the vombie from the animals mod, which would have a regeneration effect.

-Potion of Life
a potion that completely heals instantly. Can be used by the player (good for times like when the player is close to death), on other players, and used on undead-type mobs to get rid of them instantly. Usually replaces a zombified mob with it's normal type (ex. zombie fish ''dies'' and is replaced with a normal fish)

-Potion of Death
a potion that kills instantly. Can be used by the player (why would someone do that???), on other players, and used on undead-type mobs to heal all of their HP. If used on normal mobs, it kills the mob and (usually) replaces it with it's zombie type (ex. normal fish ''dies'' and is replaced with a zombie fish)

--------
These potions are extremely hard to make/obtain:

-Blessed potion
a potion that fully heals the player that uses it, and fully heals them if they get damaged at all, for an extremely long time. Can be used by the player, but can not be used on any mobs/other players (using it on another player would require that they are given the potion, instead of simply using it on the other player(s)). Could possibly have something to do with the heavens when trying to make one, maybe an angel's feather or something else related to the heavens.

-Cursed potion
a potion that kills the player/mob it's used on, and kills a player 2 minutes after re-spawning, every time the player re-spawns, for an extremely long time. Can be used by the player(why? just, WHY??), and can be used on any other players, but not mobs. Could possibly have something to do with the underworld when trying to make one, maybe a demon's eye or vampire fang.

-Potion of Terraformation
a potion that spawns life. Can not be used on mobs of any kind (dirrectly), but can be used on a block of dirt, sand, desert sand, cacti, dry shrub, etc., to turn dirt into dirt with grass, except at or under 0 on the Y axis, any air blocks at or below 0 on the Y axis are replaced by water blocks, turns desert sand/sand into sand with grass, then dirt with grass a while later, makes dry shrubs into junglegrass, and turns cacti into trees, all within a 50-block-radius of the node it is used on.

-Potion of Desertification
a potion that destroys all life it touches. Can not be used on mobs of any kind (dirrectly), but can be used on a block of dirt, dirt with grass, tree, leaves, junglegrass, water, etc., and turns all dirt with grass into desert sand/all dirt into desert sand (except at +2 Y or lower, which are turned into normal sand), all water blocks are turned into air, tree blocks are turned into cacti (and leaves replaced with air), and all junglegrass turns into dry shrubs, all within a 50-block-radius of the node it is used on.

-Building mod
This mod would add complex calculations to how steel blocks work, and determines if they fall/stay in position, depending on the support under them and weight above them. Would be nice for complex towers.

not very many nodes, but some still may be useful:

-Vertical bracer - a special node that can be used in the inner part of the region between a support/beam. Used to extend the support given by the support by 2x it's regular value.

-Bolted steel - steel blocks that are bolted to the ones next to them. Give 2x support value to themselves and steel blocks they are directly connected to, but can separate if they fall.

-Cable - an unusual node (nodebox, most likely) that can give 2x support to steel blocks/bolted steel if they are connected to the top of the block, and the bottom of another block. Can be used to make longer cables by stacking cable nodes, but they ''break'' and all support is taken from the nodes they support, if the length of the cable is over 15 (only breaks 10 seconds after being placed, or the ABM only runs every 10 seconds).

Also, stone blocks have a random chance of ''falling'' if they are too far from other stone nodes that have support of other nodes (makes mining more realistic, you have to add supports along your mineshaft or you risk a cave-in) And if a stone node begins falling, the nodes next to it/above it loose support and fall too. Would make cool sinkholes when caves collapse in on themselves, but it would be best if the stone support stuff was all removed past -75 Y orso, to keep the entire land from sinking 5000 blocks.

-Moon phases
This mod kinda describes itself. No nodes at all, but every time the sun sets, the moon texture simulates a ''phase'' that's naturally ''past'' the previous phase. (30 days to complete a lunar year, close to real lunar years, so 30 different moon textures)

-Solar flares
A mod that adds a rare event that causes mesecons to short out (mainly this will affect the mesecons mod, but adds cool effects at night)
When a solar flare happens in-game, all mesecon devices that are powered-up will ''explode'', dealing damage to players/mobs and removing the node itself, and mesecon ''wires'' turn into ''fried mesecons'' that are useless for anything but taking up space. Mesecon power sources will also explode like TNT. The frying only happens if it's daytime and if the mesecons don't have at least one layer of gravel, stone, desert stone, or cobble above them. Also, if the flare happens at nighttime, the sky lights up with ''aurora''s that dance around rapidly, with a pixelated texture and ''choppy'' animation, or high-resolution and fine animation, depending on a client settings file somewhere in the client, or loaded from the server for that client. Maybe just somewhere in-between low-res/choppy animations and high-res/fine animations, to keep it all simple.

-Void
When the player passes below -31000 Y, they are moved to a central region of ''deep space'' where only stars/small nebulae are visible in the distance. Gravity is disabled and players can move around very slowly. Upon entering the void, a player's HP is set to 1 heart, and foods/potions/objects that can heal/dammage are rendered useless in the void, but can still be used elsewhere. None of the world nodes are visible at all, and the only way to escape is if the player is teleported out. There are no dangers in the void at all, so surviving is very easy. Also, warp commands like ''/spawn'' don't work, unless the person has teleport privs. Makes a perfect prison for griefers/criminals, and it's WAY better than the MC void.

some nodes:
-Dimension crystal - a rare crystal found in 1x1 patches as an ore, but so rare that only 1 out of 10 chunks will have one. Used to make a ''Dimension portal'' that is used to summon people from the depths of the void.

-Dimension portal - a flat ''ring'' that seems to have electrostatic ''arcs'' dancing around under a grate (it's a simple ''thin slab'' and the electrostatic arcs/metal grate are a texture, that is animated where the arcs dance around and the grate is static) Also, a small protruding ''box'' is in the center, and is textured like a crystal embedded in the portal grate.
Upon placement, the crystal is red. It powers-up as soon as the server recognizes that it has been placed. The portal can be right-clicked, opening a text bar where you input the name of a player in the void (if you input the name of a player not in the void, you are killed instantly) When you input a name of someone in the void, and ''proceed'', the player is teleported to the portal and the portal enters a ''dormant'' state for 1 hour, in which the crystal in the portal is red.

-Cell mod
Adds a few types of nodes that are nodebox-type, and when placed right, will not allow a player/entity within the cell to get out. The cell blocks have 2 states, ''open'' and ''closed''. Great for holding epople in a proson, if the void mod isn't present. Read below about the nodes, where states of each node (open/closed) is defined:

-Cell top (open):
A simple ''cap'' shape made with nodebox drawtype. the side facing -z is not present, and all other sides are thin, but impenetrable. The node is not breakable, but can possibly be broken with an admin pickaxe from the ''maptools'' mod, so the prisoner can not break it to get out.

-Cell bottom (open):
A simple ''bin'' shape made with nodebox drawtype. the side facing -z is not present, and all other sides are thin, but impenetrable. The node is not breakable, but can possibly be broken with an admin pickaxe from the ''maptools'' mod, so the prisoner can not break it to get out.

-Cell top (closed):
A simple ''cap'' shape made with nodebox drawtype. the side facing -z IS present, and identical to all other sides. The node is not breakable, but can possibly be broken with an admin pickaxe from the ''maptools'' mod, so the prisoner can not break it to get out. It is possible to turn an open ''cap'' into a closed one by placing mese behind it. Removing the mese turns it back into an open ''cap''.

-Cell bottom (closed):
A simple ''bin'' shape made with nodebox drawtype. the side facing -z IS present, and identical to all other sides. The node is not breakable, but can possibly be broken with an admin pickaxe from the ''maptools'' mod, so the prisoner can not break it to get out. It is possible to turn an open ''bin'' into a closed one by placing mese behind it. Removing the mese turns it back into an open ''bin''.
That's all of my ideas for now, will probably post more later.
"All we need it the right major crisis and the nations will accept the new world order."

LolManKuba

by LolManKuba » Post

SegFault22 wrote:some ideas:

-Rocket Launchers
A mod that adds 3 models of rocket launchers:

1. Basic RPG - one-shot rocket launcher that deals medium-high explosion damage. Kills in one hit, also killing entities in a 4-block radius. Also removes and ''drops'' nodes close to the center of the blast (nodes fall onto the ground instead of being removed). May also be reloaded by crafting the empty launcher with a fresh rocket.

2. Re-loadable rocket launcher - kinda like the basic RPG, but automatically reloads if a rocket is in your inventory. Same blast radius, but only removes the node it hits and the 1-block layer around it (a 3x3x3 square)

3. Automatic rocket-launcher - extremely powerful rocket launcher that fires rockets at a quick pace. Rockets have a blast radius of 12, killing everything in that radius and taking 10 HP (5 hearts) from anything in a 15-block radius. Also removes nodes in an 8 block-radius, and drops them where they are, like the other launchers. Flamable nodes in the destruction radius will be set ablaze instead of being destroyed, and sand turns into glass globs, and turns glass into broken glass (un-walkable nodebox model that takes 1 heard per 4 secs. while walking on it). This launcher would probably need mese in the recipe for each ''part'' and even the rockets too, to make it very hard to make/use it (hard for griefers to take control of)

-Fish
A mod that adds a variety of different fish. They spawn only in water, and some spawn in different ''types'' of water, see below:

-Normal fish - A common fish. Not very rare, spawns in water that's 2 blocks deep or deeper, at that depth. Can move anywhere in the water, but will not go into flowing water nodes.

-Trout fish - a common fish, like the one above. They only spawn in flowing water nodes, and can go into water sources, but don't usually stay there long. Usually face against the current of the flowing water nodes. Also they are more colorful than normal fish.

-Bass fish - a kinda rarer fish than common fish. Spawn in water that's 3 blocks deep or deeper, but can move anywhere in the water. They usually don't like going into flowing nodes, and usually avoid them.

-Rainbow trout - a rarer fish. Like the normal trout fish, but more colorful, and they try to stay at least 2 blocks away from the player.

-Goldfish - a small fish that isn't very rare. They spawn in water that's 1 block deep or deeper. They can go through flowing water blocks, and source blocks, but only spawn in source blocks and have a hard time going against the current of flowing water nodes.

-Beta fish - a fish that's very rare, and about as small as the goldfish. They kill other small fish and avoid the player and bigger fish. If they are close to other beta fish, they will fight each other to the death.

-Piranha - a violent fish that spawns in water source nodes that are darker than sunlit nodes. They are violent to the player, and take 3 hearts every 4 seconds. They usually just ignore all other fish.

-Gamma fish - a zombified fish that's very radioactive (gamma fish = gamma rays). They hurt the player 1 heart every 4 seconds if the player is in a 2-block radius, and 1/2 a heart if the player is in a 4 block radius. They only spawn in vast areas of water, near the top 2 layers, and go towards the shore areas (sand/dirt/whatever) and sometimes ''wash up'' on shore as a dead fish, still damaging the player like a normal gamma fish.
(maybe this fish can be used in a ''chemistry'' mod, to make potions of poison/death)

And some objects:
-net - a tool used to catch fish. Catching a fish in a net requires that you ''hit'' the fish with the net, and that you have a bucket of water in your inventory. Catching a fish makes a water bucket into a ''bucket of water with a fish''

-bucket of water with a fish (type of fish here in parentheses)- a bucket of water with a fish in it. Can be ''dumped'' like normal water buckets, and also releases a fish at the center of the water node. Great for making aquariums. Also, if the fish is a ''normal fish'' or ''bass'', the fish can be removed from the bucket by crafting it, which also leaves behind a bucket of water in crafting. Fish can be put in a furnace, to be cooked and eaten.

-Chemistry mod
This mod adds ''potions'' to the game, that have different effects on players/animals. May also use the ''gamma fish'' from the fish mod (described above) to make harming potions (see below):

--------
These potions are fairly easy to make/obtain:

-Potion of Healing
a simple potion that heals 6 HP. Can be used by the player, on other players, and used on undead-type mobs like the vombie from the animals mod, to take 8 hp.

-Potion of Pain
a simple potion that takes 6 HP. Can be used by the player, on other players, and used on undead-type mobs like the vombie from the animals mod, to heal 8 hp.

--------
These potions are kinda hard to make/obtain:

-Potion of Regeneration
a simple potion that heals 2 hp every 10 seconds. Can be used by the player, on other players, and used on undead-type mobs like the vombie from the animals mod, which would have a poisoning effect.

-Potion of Poison
a simple potion that takes 4 HP every 10 seconds. Can be used by the player, on other players, and used on undead-type mobs like the vombie from the animals mod, which would have a regeneration effect.

-Potion of Life
a potion that completely heals instantly. Can be used by the player (good for times like when the player is close to death), on other players, and used on undead-type mobs to get rid of them instantly. Usually replaces a zombified mob with it's normal type (ex. zombie fish ''dies'' and is replaced with a normal fish)

-Potion of Death
a potion that kills instantly. Can be used by the player (why would someone do that???), on other players, and used on undead-type mobs to heal all of their HP. If used on normal mobs, it kills the mob and (usually) replaces it with it's zombie type (ex. normal fish ''dies'' and is replaced with a zombie fish)

--------
These potions are extremely hard to make/obtain:

-Blessed potion
a potion that fully heals the player that uses it, and fully heals them if they get damaged at all, for an extremely long time. Can be used by the player, but can not be used on any mobs/other players (using it on another player would require that they are given the potion, instead of simply using it on the other player(s)). Could possibly have something to do with the heavens when trying to make one, maybe an angel's feather or something else related to the heavens.

-Cursed potion
a potion that kills the player/mob it's used on, and kills a player 2 minutes after re-spawning, every time the player re-spawns, for an extremely long time. Can be used by the player(why? just, WHY??), and can be used on any other players, but not mobs. Could possibly have something to do with the underworld when trying to make one, maybe a demon's eye or vampire fang.

-Potion of Terraformation
a potion that spawns life. Can not be used on mobs of any kind (dirrectly), but can be used on a block of dirt, sand, desert sand, cacti, dry shrub, etc., to turn dirt into dirt with grass, except at or under 0 on the Y axis, any air blocks at or below 0 on the Y axis are replaced by water blocks, turns desert sand/sand into sand with grass, then dirt with grass a while later, makes dry shrubs into junglegrass, and turns cacti into trees, all within a 50-block-radius of the node it is used on.

-Potion of Desertification
a potion that destroys all life it touches. Can not be used on mobs of any kind (dirrectly), but can be used on a block of dirt, dirt with grass, tree, leaves, junglegrass, water, etc., and turns all dirt with grass into desert sand/all dirt into desert sand (except at +2 Y or lower, which are turned into normal sand), all water blocks are turned into air, tree blocks are turned into cacti (and leaves replaced with air), and all junglegrass turns into dry shrubs, all within a 50-block-radius of the node it is used on.

-Building mod
This mod would add complex calculations to how steel blocks work, and determines if they fall/stay in position, depending on the support under them and weight above them. Would be nice for complex towers.

not very many nodes, but some still may be useful:

-Vertical bracer - a special node that can be used in the inner part of the region between a support/beam. Used to extend the support given by the support by 2x it's regular value.

-Bolted steel - steel blocks that are bolted to the ones next to them. Give 2x support value to themselves and steel blocks they are directly connected to, but can separate if they fall.

-Cable - an unusual node (nodebox, most likely) that can give 2x support to steel blocks/bolted steel if they are connected to the top of the block, and the bottom of another block. Can be used to make longer cables by stacking cable nodes, but they ''break'' and all support is taken from the nodes they support, if the length of the cable is over 15 (only breaks 10 seconds after being placed, or the ABM only runs every 10 seconds).

Also, stone blocks have a random chance of ''falling'' if they are too far from other stone nodes that have support of other nodes (makes mining more realistic, you have to add supports along your mineshaft or you risk a cave-in) And if a stone node begins falling, the nodes next to it/above it loose support and fall too. Would make cool sinkholes when caves collapse in on themselves, but it would be best if the stone support stuff was all removed past -75 Y orso, to keep the entire land from sinking 5000 blocks.

-Moon phases
This mod kinda describes itself. No nodes at all, but every time the sun sets, the moon texture simulates a ''phase'' that's naturally ''past'' the previous phase. (30 days to complete a lunar year, close to real lunar years, so 30 different moon textures)

-Solar flares
A mod that adds a rare event that causes mesecons to short out (mainly this will affect the mesecons mod, but adds cool effects at night)
When a solar flare happens in-game, all mesecon devices that are powered-up will ''explode'', dealing damage to players/mobs and removing the node itself, and mesecon ''wires'' turn into ''fried mesecons'' that are useless for anything but taking up space. Mesecon power sources will also explode like TNT. The frying only happens if it's daytime and if the mesecons don't have at least one layer of gravel, stone, desert stone, or cobble above them. Also, if the flare happens at nighttime, the sky lights up with ''aurora''s that dance around rapidly, with a pixelated texture and ''choppy'' animation, or high-resolution and fine animation, depending on a client settings file somewhere in the client, or loaded from the server for that client. Maybe just somewhere in-between low-res/choppy animations and high-res/fine animations, to keep it all simple.

-Void
When the player passes below -31000 Y, they are moved to a central region of ''deep space'' where only stars/small nebulae are visible in the distance. Gravity is disabled and players can move around very slowly. Upon entering the void, a player's HP is set to 1 heart, and foods/potions/objects that can heal/dammage are rendered useless in the void, but can still be used elsewhere. None of the world nodes are visible at all, and the only way to escape is if the player is teleported out. There are no dangers in the void at all, so surviving is very easy. Also, warp commands like ''/spawn'' don't work, unless the person has teleport privs. Makes a perfect prison for griefers/criminals, and it's WAY better than the MC void.

some nodes:
-Dimension crystal - a rare crystal found in 1x1 patches as an ore, but so rare that only 1 out of 10 chunks will have one. Used to make a ''Dimension portal'' that is used to summon people from the depths of the void.

-Dimension portal - a flat ''ring'' that seems to have electrostatic ''arcs'' dancing around under a grate (it's a simple ''thin slab'' and the electrostatic arcs/metal grate are a texture, that is animated where the arcs dance around and the grate is static) Also, a small protruding ''box'' is in the center, and is textured like a crystal embedded in the portal grate.
Upon placement, the crystal is red. It powers-up as soon as the server recognizes that it has been placed. The portal can be right-clicked, opening a text bar where you input the name of a player in the void (if you input the name of a player not in the void, you are killed instantly) When you input a name of someone in the void, and ''proceed'', the player is teleported to the portal and the portal enters a ''dormant'' state for 1 hour, in which the crystal in the portal is red.

-Cell mod
Adds a few types of nodes that are nodebox-type, and when placed right, will not allow a player/entity within the cell to get out. The cell blocks have 2 states, ''open'' and ''closed''. Great for holding epople in a proson, if the void mod isn't present. Read below about the nodes, where states of each node (open/closed) is defined:

-Cell top (open):
A simple ''cap'' shape made with nodebox drawtype. the side facing -z is not present, and all other sides are thin, but impenetrable. The node is not breakable, but can possibly be broken with an admin pickaxe from the ''maptools'' mod, so the prisoner can not break it to get out.

-Cell bottom (open):
A simple ''bin'' shape made with nodebox drawtype. the side facing -z is not present, and all other sides are thin, but impenetrable. The node is not breakable, but can possibly be broken with an admin pickaxe from the ''maptools'' mod, so the prisoner can not break it to get out.

-Cell top (closed):
A simple ''cap'' shape made with nodebox drawtype. the side facing -z IS present, and identical to all other sides. The node is not breakable, but can possibly be broken with an admin pickaxe from the ''maptools'' mod, so the prisoner can not break it to get out. It is possible to turn an open ''cap'' into a closed one by placing mese behind it. Removing the mese turns it back into an open ''cap''.

-Cell bottom (closed):
A simple ''bin'' shape made with nodebox drawtype. the side facing -z IS present, and identical to all other sides. The node is not breakable, but can possibly be broken with an admin pickaxe from the ''maptools'' mod, so the prisoner can not break it to get out. It is possible to turn an open ''bin'' into a closed one by placing mese behind it. Removing the mese turns it back into an open ''bin''.
That's all of my ideas for now, will probably post more later.
Holy whackamoli O.o

tonyka

by tonyka » Post

joseht123 wrote:Is a weather mod possible ?
maybe can be generate particles over specific blocks, like snow, and make these, only generated within a certain radius of the player

and to enhance the effect, modifying the distance of fog to be closest
I do not know if this can be done in lua, for environmental effects guess it's better to do in c + +

sorry for my bad English