Post your mod requests/ideas here

Merak

Re: Post your mod requests/ideas here

by Merak » Post

Smart explosions or TNT which does not destroy any drops or
only destroys commonly unwanted types such as stone, earth, gravel, sand, trees, leaves, etc.

Jastiv

by Jastiv » Post

I haven't read the rest of this thread, but why doesn't minetest have wings?

TumeniNodes
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

Jastiv wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 03:56
... because it's a dog. 8^)
A Wonderful World

FoKaMah

by FoKaMah » Post

Hi! I'm new at playing minetest. I want to use it in class. Minetest-Wiki tells me, that there is a "unified inventory"-mod that you can download. But when I follow the link, it tells me, that I'm not authorized to read the forum. I also can't find the "unified inventory" via the search engine.
Can somebody help me with the authorization or give me the download-link to the describen mod?
Thanks!

Skamiz Kazzarch
GitHub: Skamiz
In-game: Skamiz

by Skamiz Kazzarch » Post

The link on the wiki is probably way out of date.
https://content.minetest.net/packages/R ... inventory/
This page has several useful links and you should also be able to find it through the ingame mod installer.

Hybrid Dog
GitHub: HybridDog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

TumeniNodes wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 04:55
Jastiv wrote:
... because it's a dog. 8^)
I assume Jastiv means a wings mod. I think I have seen a wings mod for Minetest somewhere, but I'm not sure. I know that there exists an UFO, helicopter, plane, jet backpack and flying carpet mod.

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

1faco
GitHub: minefaco
In-game: faco

by 1faco » Post

Can someone port the dive animation from XaEvironment game to Minetest Game?

https://ibb.co/sFZQV9M
https://ibb.co/x6WJ27B

johalun
GitHub: johalun

by johalun » Post

Jastiv wrote:
You mean something like MC elytra? The best match I've found so far is the "Glider" mod. Comes with a glider and firework rockets to boost your speed. It's not as polished as flying with elytra but it works. There's also a jetpack in the "Technic" mod which is pretty cool if you like technical stuff.

Tramon81

by Tramon81 » Post

I want to have a way to be able to build some sort of mini island of 4 blocks where to have a tiny person building whilst a normal sized person observes. For this i heard there are many mods that work in the shrinking department like chiseled me or gulliver but i can't seem to find any version intercompatibility between them. So if anyone could adapt the little blocks mod into 1.12 or any of the other two into 1.7 I would be grateful. Preferably the first option so it works with other mods but any is fine.

pampogokiraly
In-game: i_love_mesecon

by pampogokiraly » Post

Tramon81 wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 17:14
I want to have a way to be able to build some sort of mini island of 4 blocks where to have a tiny person building whilst a normal sized person observes. For this i heard there are many mods that work in the shrinking department like chiseled me or gulliver but i can't seem to find any version intercompatibility between them. So if anyone could adapt the little blocks mod into 1.12 or any of the other two into 1.7 I would be grateful. Preferably the first option so it works with other mods but any is fine.
I think you are on the wrong forum (not sure, might be incorrect), because this is a Minetest forum and not MineCraft forum.
All praise the Bacon God! The one and only god in MineTest

Tramon81

by Tramon81 » Post

pampogokiraly wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 17:36
Tramon81 wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 17:14
I think you are on the wrong forum (not sure, might be incorrect), because this is a Minetest forum and not MineCraft forum.
Oh, sorry

Thelepop

by Thelepop » Post

Hello everyone, I'm trying to get into modding. Can someone point me to lua mod examples where the mesh of an entity is made through code (simple box defined in a lua file) and not through a blender file that has the model and animations, etc.
Edit: Looked around but didn't find anything of the sort, did find out about visual = "cube" so I will play around with it.

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

Thelepop wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 19:46
Hello everyone, I'm trying to get into modding. Can someone point me to lua mod examples where the mesh of an entity is made through code (simple box defined in a lua file) and not through a blender file that has the model and animations, etc.
Edit: Looked around but didn't find anything of the sort, did find out about visual = "cube" so I will play around with it.
Good modding resources are the reference (https://github.com/minetest/minetest/bl ... ua_api.txt (or http://minetest.gitlab.io/minetest/)) and probably rubenwardy's book (https://rubenwardy.com/minetest_modding ... index.html).

Arbitrary meshes can't be defined directly in lua, you have to define it in a separate text-file. The file-ending is .obj and you have to put it into a media subfolder (eg. models or textures). See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wavefront ... ile_format for instructions about how you can define vertices and co..
For nodes there's also the possibility of using nodeboxes, which might be easier.
I think, it's also possible for entity objects to look like items or nodes, and hence also like a nodebox, but I'm not sure how that's done.
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

Nino
In-game: Nino

by Nino » Post

Hello! we were playing in a farm world, and then comes this idea about incorporate animals, I mean, maybe a magic potion or something that player becomes a boar, cow, horse or anything. Camera view needs to modify in any animal, and skin/model too. What do you say?

thunderdog1138
GitHub: thunderdog1138
In-game: thunderdog

by thunderdog1138 » Post

Could someone help me with a random skin generator for npc mobs? I'm trying to make a modified version of mobs_npc with a random skin generator similar to that of villagers, but less complex.

I don't need anything too fancy, just something that can create male and female npc skins by applying clothing and face layers to a base skin texture. The layers I need are as follows:
  • Base (skin)
  • Hair
  • Face
  • Shirt
  • Pants
  • Shoes
I tried to do this on my own, but I lack the knowhow to pull this off.
Check out my Star Wars subgame.

sirrobzeroone
GitHub: sirrobzeroone

by sirrobzeroone » Post

thunderdog1138 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 03:28
Could someone help me with a random skin generator for npc mobs? I'm trying to make a modified version of mobs_npc with a random skin generator similar to that of villagers, but less complex.

I don't need anything too fancy, just something that can create male and female npc skins by applying clothing and face layers to a base skin texture.
So take this with a grain of salt as I haven't tested this but I think what you need to do is firstly create say 2 random images which contain just the below elements (you could easily do 4/6/8 whatever number). You could break this up more as per categories you have above and add other layers as needed. the trick is just make sure your head layer for example only contains "head" texture elements and the rest of the image is set to transparent.

heads_image_1.png
heads_image_2.png
torso_image_1.png
torso_image_2.png
legs_image_1.png
legs_image_2.png

Then have some random code to generate a number the below is proxy code and probably wont run but Im hoping will give you enough to work from.

Code: Select all

local S = mobs.intllib -- Existing npc.lua line

local h_ran = math.random (1, 2) -- random number from 1 to 2
local t_ran = math.random (1, 2)
local l_ran = math.random (1, 2) -- lowercas L not capital i :)

local character_skin="heads_image_"..h_ran..".png"^"torso_image_"..t_ran..".png"^"legs_image_"..l_ran..".png"

-- Then down in the npc.lua texture block add:

textures = {
		{character_skin},
	},

I think that should do it, now assuming I haven't stuffed anything, you should have npc's spawning with random head/torso/leg colors. Feel free to PM me directly if the above doesn't work or create a dedicated thread in modding discussion and others much better at lua scripting than me will chime in with suggestions.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Nino wrote: maybe a magic potion or something that player becomes a boar, cow, horse or anything. Camera view needs to modify in any animal, and skin/model too. What do you say?
Try out the creatures mod.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Ignaramico
GitHub: ignaramico

by Ignaramico » Post

Sokomine wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 21:44
Nino wrote: maybe a magic potion or something that player becomes a boar, cow, horse or anything. Camera view needs to modify in any animal, and skin/model too. What do you say?
Try out the creatures mod.
do you mean this one?
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9240

the concept looks pretty neat, but does still work on current MT?

PiJeyEe
GitHub: PiJeyEe
IRC: PiJeyEe
In-game: Pathreen

by PiJeyEe » Post

I have this idea, I don't know if this is existed already. I'm trying to code this too.

Make a privilege for admins which allows them to be more invincible. Like when some players or griefers hit them without the said privilege they will die instantly.

Miniontoby
GitHub: Miniontoby
IRC: Miniontoby
In-game: Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

Covid19 facemasks where you if you not wear one within 2 blocks radius gets damage half a heart per second

Plz make this and send me an downliad so i can use it public and private on my own servers
Working on mtctl ---- Check my mod "Doorbell" -- Stay safe

Miniontoby
GitHub: Miniontoby
IRC: Miniontoby
In-game: Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

Merak wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 08:00
Smart explosions or TNT which does not destroy any drops or
only destroys commonly unwanted types such as stone, earth, gravel, sand, trees, leaves, etc.
Ever heared of WorldEdit mod? You can do //replace block air
Working on mtctl ---- Check my mod "Doorbell" -- Stay safe

StarNinjas
GitHub: starninjas
IRC: StarNinjas
In-game: J1

by StarNinjas » Post

I have a request. Could someone make a light background music mod that changed depending on the biome/area and/or time? I have a good idea of what music would fit in on each biome, there is a great selection on open game art.
Thanks!

-StarNinjas
Don't go to bed tonight, without knowing what would happen if you died. https://thegospelfilm.org/

ShadMOrdre

by ShadMOrdre » Post

sirrobzeroone wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 21:48
thunderdog1138 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 03:28

I don't need anything too fancy, just something that can create male and female npc skins by applying clothing and face layers to a base skin texture.
So take this with a grain of salt as I haven't tested this but I think what you need to do is firstly create say 2 random images which contain just the below elements (you could easily do 4/6/8 whatever number). You could break this up more as per categories you have above and add other layers as needed. the trick is just make sure your head layer for example only contains "head" texture elements and the rest of the image is set to transparent.

heads_image_1.png
heads_image_2.png
torso_image_1.png
torso_image_2.png
legs_image_1.png
legs_image_2.png

Then have some random code to generate a number the below is proxy code and probably wont run but Im hoping will give you enough to work from.

Code: Select all

local S = mobs.intllib -- Existing npc.lua line

local h_ran = math.random (1, 2) -- random number from 1 to 2
local t_ran = math.random (1, 2)
local l_ran = math.random (1, 2) -- lowercas L not capital i :)

local character_skin="heads_image_"..h_ran..".png"^"torso_image_"..t_ran..".png"^"legs_image_"..l_ran..".png"

-- Then down in the npc.lua texture block add:

textures = {
		{character_skin},
	},

I think that should do it, now assuming I haven't stuffed anything, you should have npc's spawning with random head/torso/leg colors. Feel free to PM me directly if the above doesn't work or create a dedicated thread in modding discussion and others much better at lua scripting than me will chime in with suggestions.
I've worked on this also. I have a version of mobs_npc that creates the textures from the villagers mod. It's currently folded into my larger GAL project, but should be simple enough to adapt for MTG or other.

I have a request. Could someone make a light background music mod that changed depending on the biome/area and/or time? I have a good idea of what music would fit in on each biome, there is a great selection on open game art.
Thanks!

-StarNinjas
I can't imagine that merging ambience for local sounds and mpd for music playback would be difficult. mpd seems to be rather light, it's the music tracks, even at 8bit mono, that creates lag or heavy load times. It would be nice if the engine provided for better streaming, buffering, and caching of media files; at least .ogg files. For better performance, this should probably be something for client_side, but I'm not a fan of clientside mods.

Extex
GitHub: Extex101
In-game: Extex

by Extex » Post

A lightmap rendering mod
You start by giving yourself a lightmap tool, which you use like a worldedit tool and place pos1 and pos2 then shift-click to select the desired area, you are then given a centre_pos node which you place at a desired location somewhere within the area, once you do a formspec shows up with some settings the pitch, and yaw for the sunlight direction, shadow intensity

It then calculates with a bunch of raycasts which then send raycasts off of the corners of the blocks and down and gets all the positions saves a large model based on the raycast data with the centre node as the centre of the model (something similar to what meshport does)
You then make the output model into a node spanning over the whole area with semi-transparent texture (giving the illusion of a shadow) where you then place it at the center pos placed earlier

Should be used in servers where the time is set and a location that doesn't change, like a protected spawnpoint

I'm not nearly experienced enough but I'd love something like this
Creator of jelys_pizzaria and motorbike, and player of persistent kingdoms. RIP

Xenon7N
GitHub: XenonMitsukarimasen404
IRC: X
In-game: Xenon7N

by Xenon7N » Post

A mod called Teranium, Which can actually convert Mesecon to Digilines or itself.
Mods:
Teranium Wire
Bundled
Insulated Teranium
Teranium Microchip
Mesecons to Digiline
etc.