StarNinjas
GitHub: starninjas
IRC: StarNinjas
In-game: J1

Re: Post your mod requests/ideas here

by StarNinjas » Post

Zachary Gough wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 16:07
A mod that makes crouching look like minecraft! Player squats when shift.
Here is a mod that does exactly that! It's awesome
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=25747
Don't go to bed tonight, without knowing what would happen if you died. https://thegospelfilm.org/

LordVlad
In-game: LordVlad

by LordVlad » Post

Code: Select all

core.register_chatcommand("authfile",{
params = "",
description = "read auth.txt and print",
privs = {server=true},
func = function(name, param)
local auth = io.open(minetest.get_worldpath()..'/auth.txt', "r") 
local txt = ""
if auth then local txt = auth:read("*all") io.close(auth) minetest.chat_send_player(name, "[READING AUTH.TXT]\t "..txt.."\n") end
end,
})
a little but powerful code for reading auth.txt from minetest (idk if works with more than 10 players) lul

LMD
GitHub: appgurueu
IRC: appguru[eu]
In-game: LMD

by LMD » Post

LordVlad wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:24

Code: Select all

core.register_chatcommand("authfile",{
params = "",
description = "read auth.txt and print",
privs = {server=true},
func = function(name, param)
local auth = io.open(minetest.get_worldpath()..'/auth.txt', "r") 
local txt = ""
if auth then local txt = auth:read("*all") io.close(auth) minetest.chat_send_player(name, "[READING AUTH.TXT]\t "..txt.."\n") end
end,
})
a little but powerful code for reading auth.txt from minetest (idk if works with more than 10 players) lul
There is an auth handler API which is way more reliable, easier to use and should be used instead.
My stuff: Projects - Mods - Website

Hello_death
GitHub: Hello-death
IRC: Hello-death
In-game: riptiderazor

by Hello_death » Post

I have a request . could you gys pls make a mineclone mod that adds drowneds and tridents with their enchantments?
I have been waiting for them for almost 2 years. Tried to make one but failed .

please tell me what you think of my idea
PLease fix mcl5 tridents :,,(

1faco
GitHub: minefaco
In-game: faco

by 1faco » Post

rookervik wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 16:11
I'd like to add some more mobs to Minetest. Possibly a middle-ground between Minecraft and Hytale in style.

I was able to get one mob into the game using CME. It's a small, cute goblin. He does his attack animation the entire time he walks toward you. It looks kind of strange. But he's cute. I haven't packaged the mod yet.

Is there much interest in adding more monsters to the game? I'd love to be able to set certain attacks on timers. And man, adding some sort of spell mechanism. Like, if you target another player, you can cast a heal on them, or a shield. You could put the spells in your inventory bar like Portal Knights.

Just daydreaming. I can texture and model and I'd like to put some work into Minetest. There's so much potential <3
i like this so much! maybe can i help to code.

Hello_death

by Hello_death » Post

1faco wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 22:55
rookervik wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 16:11
I'd like to add some more mobs to Minetest. Possibly a middle-ground between Minecraft and Hytale in style.

I was able to get one mob into the game using CME. It's a small, cute goblin. He does his attack animation the entire time he walks toward you. It looks kind of strange. But he's cute. I haven't packaged the mod yet.

Is there much interest in adding more monsters to the game? I'd love to be able to set certain attacks on timers. And man, adding some sort of spell mechanism. Like, if you target another player, you can cast a heal on them, or a shield. You could put the spells in your inventory bar like Portal Knights.

Just daydreaming. I can texture and model and I'd like to put some work into Minetest. There's so much potential <3
i like this so much! maybe can i help to code.
please tell me what shader (or mod ) you are using for the shadows. They look so good!

v-rob
Developer
GitHub: v-rob
IRC: v-rob

by v-rob » Post

Hello_death wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 04:59
please tell me what shader (or mod ) you are using for the shadows. They look so good!
That's shadowmapping, an experimental feature that is in the current Minetest development version. It will almost certainly not make it into the 5.5 release for a few reasons (Issue #11365 has the rationale), but it will very likely be available in 5.6.
Core Developer | My Best Mods: Bridger - Slats - Stained Glass

Hello_death

by Hello_death » Post

k, im using the 5.4.0 stable version on ubuntu so i dont have it :(

runs

by runs » Post

One of the projects in mind is to make the Vampire Mod. You become a vampire and:
- You are stronger.
- You can turn into a bat and fly.
- You must feed on the blood of other players or animals. You can't eat normal food.
- The sun hurts you.

ThorfinnS
GitHub: ThorfinnS

by ThorfinnS » Post

I've never touched the main menu, so have no idea what's involved, but...

It would be really nice to select the world from the Start Game tab, go to Select Mods, and right click on the mods right in that list to set the world specific settingtypes.txt. (The global settingtypes.txt are still done through the Settings tab.)

Then, once you have everything set the way you like, on that Start Game tab somewhere, there's a "Create Game from World" button. All the mods you selected, with the configurations you set, are accessible by selecting a game, then creating a "New" world.

I think I'd probably leave the games from ContentDB section alone, and use a pulldown menu to select the custom world you defined.

ulla
GitHub: IIIullaIII
IRC: ulla
In-game: ulla

by ulla » Post

Hello
an idea that I have been thinking about for some time, for the creative mode, is to be able to trash a stack by clicking on it eg: CTRL+ LEFT MOUSE BUTTON I was realizing it a while ago but I could not finish it,and I lost the file, I was doing it for unified_inventory ,but it could be useful for everyone in creative mode, instead of dragging every stack no longer needed in the trash
X4cna2d4UqsiawIzUumDgPoYNx3JLGII

LMD
GitHub: appgurueu
IRC: appguru[eu]
In-game: LMD

by LMD » Post

ulla wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 14:07
Hello
an idea that I have been thinking about for some time, for the creative mode, is to be able to trash a stack by clicking on it eg: CTRL+ LEFT MOUSE BUTTON I was realizing it a while ago but I could not finish it,and I lost the file, I was doing it for unified_inventory ,but it could be useful for everyone in creative mode, instead of dragging every stack no longer needed in the trash
Pretty sure that is already possible (or used to be possible?) with a simple listring[].
My stuff: Projects - Mods - Website

ulla
GitHub: IIIullaIII
IRC: ulla
In-game: ulla

by ulla » Post

That it is possible, I am also sure :-P , but it is not developed!? Or yes? If yes in which mod inventory?
X4cna2d4UqsiawIzUumDgPoYNx3JLGII

Skamiz Kazzarch
GitHub: Skamiz
In-game: Skamiz

by Skamiz Kazzarch » Post

Creative with sfinv already behaves like this. You have to be on one of the creative tabs (as opposed to the crafting tab).

AmyMoriyama
GitHub: AmyMoriyama

by AmyMoriyama » Post

Hanging cooking pots. Campfires that last all night and are very smokey. Chains/poles that can be lowered from the ceiling over a fire and attach the pots to the chain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irori

EDIT: tatami mats that can be sat/laid on would be nice too.

ThorfinnS
GitHub: ThorfinnS

by ThorfinnS » Post

AmyMoriyama wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 19:55
Hanging cooking pots. Campfires that last all night and are very smokey. Chains/poles that can be lowered from the ceiling over a fire and attach the pots to the chain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irori

EDIT: tatami mats that can be sat/laid on would be nice too.
Check out Earthbuild. No it does not have the iron pots (to the best of my knowledge, though I never really looked) but the mats and hearths are very nice.

loppi
In-game: loppi Lolstadt

by loppi » Post

a sleeping/sitting mat is already included in the cottages mod https://content.minetest.net/packages/S ... /cottages/
:-)
"ich liebe industrie!" And yes, its a Russian Bulldozer 😁

Supersuzi
In-game: Supersuzi

by Supersuzi » Post

i want axolotl... cute little axolotl... please please...

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

v-rob wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 05:23
Hello_death wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 04:59
That's shadowmapping, an experimental feature that is in the current Minetest development version. It will almost certainly not make it into the 5.5 release for a few reasons (Issue #11365 has the rationale), but it will very likely be available in 5.6.
Btw. I'm very sure that that's not minetest. The orange dot in the lower middle of the image looks like it's from blender. Also the shadows aren't uniformly dark, I somewhat doubt that that's done in minetest.

(Sorry for late reply, but someone was wrong in the internet.)
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

revevil

Mod idea - Drill Cone

by revevil » Post

Has anyone ever thought it would be fun to dig down inside a machine like this? Shredder seemed to like it.
Attachments
Transportmodul4.jpg
Transportmodul4.jpg (160.26 KiB) Viewed 3880 times

freefall

by freefall » Post

There is this cool mod called mtimer. It allows for very versatile timers on client side.

What I'm looking for is a timer on server side, common to all multi players.

We are using minetest as a workshop environment. Since we sometimes apply quite tight timeboxes on some of the activities, I'm looking for a timer which could be started on the server side and been displayed to all multi users.

hacknorris
GitHub: hacknorris-aka-penguin
IRC: hacknorris
In-game: hacknorris

by hacknorris » Post

well... got idea and started coding it. someone knows if creating operating system in minetest mod is already taken or not? means - with apps, commands (and custom terminal), users... like that...

hacknorris

by hacknorris » Post

nvm. already got out of it. someone was before me with it... :/ project - denied

Miniontoby
GitHub: Miniontoby
IRC: Miniontoby
In-game: Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

hacknorris wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 15:18
nvm. already got out of it. someone was before me with it... :/ project - denied
If your still interested, checkout the laptop mod
Working on mtctl ---- Check my mod "Doorbell" -- Stay safe

hacknorris

by hacknorris » Post

not this... more pdp-13 or vm 16. just that with normal gui apps, user management, commandline and very big extensablilty (ability to create apps - both gui and cli, api for other mods to create app entrys... etc etc). like linux generally. just that it exists so i left...