Post your mod requests/ideas here

Meusovich

Re: Post your mod requests/ideas here

by Meusovich » Post

Good afternoon, I'm a new person on the forum. Sorry for the poor English, large texts have to be translated by machine.
I have a few ideas that I will try to implement in MineTest - but a few days of searching the forum did not work. If someone tells me where this can be read or has already been implemented, I will be very grateful.
I'm interested in creating a mod with a skill system. Specifically, there is a lack of the part responsible for passive resources extraction skills - classic mining, woodworking and the like.
If someone knows how to implement the function of the dynamic dependence of the production time of “Material X” with “tool Y” on the variable “skill Z”, please tell me.
I will be glad of any information, even in English.

sirrobzeroone
GitHub: sirrobzeroone

by sirrobzeroone » Post

Not sure if one of these is what your after?

viewtopic.php?t=11406

viewtopic.php?t=18760

mnh48
GitHub: mnh48
IRC: MNH48
In-game: mnh48

by mnh48 » Post

DS-minetest wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:47
There should be more things that encourage to use the pc to play minetest, minetest is a pc game, and pc players are much more likely to become modders or developers or at least community members that keep minetest alive.
Wow, this is the first time I see such an elitist comment on the forum after some years in the community.

First, not all MT players even have access to PC, for many reasons:
  1. Some of them came from searching for the alternative of MC
    1. At one point MC was only for PC (back in those days where Bedrock is not a thing).
    2. MC Bedrock as it is now is expensive (especially in poorer country, like in some places US$6 in their currency could be spent to buy 10 full meals in rich restaurant, imagine them skipping 10 to 30 days of food just to pay $6)
  2. Some of them got to Minetest from their school
    1. some school do have PC but the students might not have PC outside classroom, so they will mostly use mobile after school
    2. some school had their students use tablet for the learning session with minetest, while learning session is only on that school server, they will usually be able to bring it home for homeworks and these student might spend time looking for other servers after school
  3. Some of them came from getting interested in the concept while randomly searching through Play Store for recommended games
  4. Some of them simply don't have money to buy PC, and their phone might be passed down from parents or gift from lucky draw etc
  5. Some of them simply don't find it worth it to buy PC, especially with limited amount of money and need to decide between PC and mobile: PC can't connect to internet without router-modem (like WiFi) whereas mobile can connect by just inserting SIM card, and these people usually live in area where you cannot get WiFi installed but do have mobile coverage
  6. Some of them can only use devices that their parents bought for them, this is usually iPad in western countries and cheap China-made Android tablets in eastern countries and poor countries

You might not know this but there's 10 days statistics released every year about Minetest clients, and mobile users account for 92% of it... rubenwardy posted the actual link to the statistics in chat on the unofficial Discord server before, but I don't want to post the link here as I didn't request permission to do so, but here's relevant screenshot of the statistics:
(yes I'm on mobile at the moment as well, get over it)

I first know Minetest from Multicraft, cuz I found folder named "Minetest" in the directory of Multicraft on my phone at that time, and I open it out of curiousity. I then look up Minetest and stayed in the community afterwards. I did had access to laptop some months after that but still stick to Minetest most of time, before my laptop broke again for the 2nd time this January and I had to get back to my phone until now.

While I'm not someone who would become developer, and my wip mod and my CSM are not that known, I did contribute to Minetest even from the time I only have access to mobile phone. That's how I did Malay translations for Minetest, majority were done on mobile.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200523-074935_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200523-074935_Chrome.jpg (489.6 KiB) Viewed 2121 times

Samuel Afonne
IRC: Sammy
In-game: Sammy Samuel Afonne GunKiller

by Samuel Afonne » Post

Ok I am thinking of an AI players mod, (bear with me, no coding experience), and you set them up to have a conversation with the player when they come close. It will be like a quiz. For example, maybe there is a bot that gives a job interview, it would go like this.
Bot: Hello. Have you come to apply for the job of junior builder?
Player: Yes.
Bot: What certificate do you have
Player: Building Level 1
(now the bot thinks, if the person has the right certificate/certificates, he can have the job.)
Okay, can I see it?
(there will be a slot to put the item, I'm thinking of a bot conversation formspec??? (oops idk code lol) if it's the right certificate,)
Bot: Thanks for applying.
Then the player who set up the bot will receive a message that Player has applied and he responds accordingly.
Bots can also give players items, some trade, e.t.c.
It would be good on a city server.
Btw the bot is programmed kinda by a player...

Samuel Afonne
IRC: Sammy
In-game: Sammy Samuel Afonne GunKiller

by Samuel Afonne » Post

The trading of the boys shls be conversational, ask you what you want, etc

Irremann
GitHub: Irremann

by Irremann » Post

Good afternoon. I need the texture of oak / dark oak and wood from it. The ones I found in existing mods are pretty ugly. Maybe someone saw a good texture or wants to draw it?

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Isn't there a mod somewhere than can turn images into in-game pixel art? I really want to do something with my recent Homestuck fanart:
Inocudom wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 21:10
I made a new image for this mod. It's liscense is GPL cc-by-sa. It was made in Garry's Mod using Homestuck Playset 2. Here you go:

pampogokiraly
In-game: i_love_mesecon

by pampogokiraly » Post

Inocudom wrote:Isn't there a mod somewhere...
There is! But i couldn't find it :P
But i know i have seened it in the past few weeks.
All praise the Bacon God! The one and only god in MineTest

Miniontoby
GitHub: Miniontoby
IRC: Miniontoby
In-game: Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

Inocudom wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 15:51
Isn't there a mod somewhere than can turn images into in-game pixel art? I really want to do something with my recent Homestuck fanart:
Ik where it is, viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20411
Last edited by Miniontoby on Tue Jun 16, 2020 16:02, edited 1 time in total.
Working on mtctl ---- Check my mod "Doorbell" -- Stay safe

Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

Spoiler
I accidently posted it 2 times

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Many thanks!

Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

no problem.

BlockStar

by BlockStar » Post

This mod would be for games where the player grows/crafts/scavenges items to sell to NPCs.

My idea is for a mod that makes the trade price of an item go down the more it is traded that day or week, because you are flooding the market with a certain good. When playing Stardew Valley, I always thought it was funny that you could sell TONS of blueberries at a store in a town with, like, 40 people in it.

In a real economy, if you flood the market with blueberries, then the price of blueberries will drop. This would encourage farmers to grow lots of different kinds of food (or potions or whatever the case may be) instead of just figuring out which item is the most profitable.

The way I imagine it working is that (for example) the first 10 items sell for 100% it's base value, then the next 10 would sell for 90%, the next 10 for 80%, and so on, until eventually the NPC would say "No, we don't need anymore of that". This would also prevent a player from exploiting some economic loophole they might find in the game. Might be useful for some people.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Samuel Afonne wrote: Ok I am thinking of an AI players mod, (bear with me, no coding experience),
AI is very difficult to do and means a lot more (and diffrent things) that what you describe later on. Perhaps the Alive AI mod might be of intrest to you as it tries to implement some level of AI, though not in the mode you're thinking about.
Samuel Afonne wrote: and you set them up to have a conversation with the player when they come close. It will be like a quiz. For example, maybe there is a bot that gives a job interview,
That's diffrent and does't require AI as long as you don't want to be able to have a full, free conversation with the mob (and even that might work to some degree if you're satisfied with Eliza-style answers).

Old point&click adventures allowed you to "talk" to mobs by clicking them and selecting one of a given set of possible answers, using a scripted dialog much the same way as you describe it. MT now has the means to display such chats nicely in game, but I havn't got around to write a mod that makes use of it yet :-( Such a chat feature would definitely be great!
BlockStar wrote: My idea is for a mod that makes the trade price of an item go down the more it is traded that day or week, because you are flooding the market with a certain good.
Makes sense...though perhaps more in a singleplayer game. Economy on servers is a very tricky beast and very seldom works.

There are some trading mods out there. It might make sense to find one you're intrested in and suggest your idea of dropping prices there in the mod's thread.
BlockStar wrote: When playing Stardew Valley, I always thought it was funny that you could sell TONS of blueberries at a store in a town with, like, 40 people in it.
Er...probably huge fans of blueberries, those village inhabitants. Or they turned them into blueberry cakes and waited in vain for players to come and buy those cakes!
A list of my mods can be found here.

Mineminer

by Mineminer » Post

My server could do with a book mod or something to supplies guides? I know viewtopic.php?t=13366 exists but it seems like it stated not to work on newer versions? My server is on the latest (5.3).

raymondkn

Face Mask variety of colos?

by raymondkn » Post

Is it possible for someone to quickly create a face mask mod with a variety of colors? I have a private server with a few of my students playing on it and think it would be appropriate for the time we are in. Tried searching and didn't find anything.

I've been looking at code and I have been working at moving a game that started in Repixture over to Minetest. I have been successful in combining almost everything, and the game is now working in an blended Minetest/Repixture game and works with more mods than Repixture did. I have lost some functions such as changing armor that I'm still working out, but all our building progress has been saved. I even managed to create an additional element by copying and changing the name of an existing node. so I'm excited at working more with some mods.

I do not know how to edit or create items from scratch so the face mask mod is not even near my current level of understanding so far.

Thanks

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

raymondkn wrote: Is it possible for someone to quickly create a face mask mod with a variety of colors?
If the face mask doesn't have to be 3d, you might try to just create a texture overlay and apply that to the player's skin texture. Else you'd probably need a new 3d model.

sirrobzeroone
GitHub: sirrobzeroone

Re: Face Mask variety of colos?

by sirrobzeroone » Post

raymondkn wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 19:59
Is it possible for someone to quickly create a face mask mod with a variety of colors?
also check out 3d armour - viewtopic.php?t=4654

I've made a helmet using it that had a full front piece with tiny eye holes - ala knights of old

Register a new helmet using that mod, then add a; inv graphic, wearing graphic and preview graphic - example wearing attached for white....I haven't tested this so it might cover the eyes or straps might miss ears....
Attachments
3d_armor_face_mask.png
3d_armor_face_mask.png (228 Bytes) Viewed 2121 times

raymondkn

Thanks

by raymondkn » Post

Thanks Sokomine and Sirrobzeroone for the face mask suggestions, I'll see what I can figure out with them.

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

I found one of Minecraft's greatest modding geniuses:
https://cocricot.pics/
It is a shame that this gifted person has never done anything for Minetest. Now we just need to get exceedingly lucky and have some miracle worker bring this person to us. Of course, this individual would probably hate our open-source game and/or have some impossible-to-meet demands, but at least we can say that we tried. Wait, what?

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Inocudom wrote: I found one of Minecraft's greatest modding geniuses:
Very nicely decorated houses. But as far as decorations go, most would be models and textures? Those might be imported if the license allows it. Maybe the creator of that mod is willing? Why don't you ask him nicely?
Inocudom wrote: would probably hate our open-source game
Both games play very similar to some degree, so hating one would mean hating the other one as well :-)

runs

by runs » Post

Inocudom wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 17:26
I found one of Minecraft's greatest modding geniuses:
It is a shame that this gifted person has never done anything for Minetest. Now we just need to get exceedingly lucky and have some miracle worker bring this person to us. Of course, this individual would probably hate our open-source game and/or have some impossible-to-meet demands, but at least we can say that we tried. Wait, what?
Awesome, incredible, fantastic. But it is not Minecraft-ish, not Minetest-ish, no the same style I mean. :-)

Minecraft modders would join Minetest, but they do not know about it. Minecraft is not for modding, it is in the anti-modding league indeed.

Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

Can anyone plz help me at viewtopic.php?f=47&t=25141

Lokrates
GitHub: Lokrates

by Lokrates » Post

I tried to make a Tiberium-Mod. But I am not happy with my result. Maybe someone with better skills can do something good with it. (And yes, I know Miberium is an insanely creative name.)
Github / Download
Hätte ich doch nur Englisch gelernt.

Diridibindy

by Diridibindy » Post

I tried to tackle that issue myself but frankly I dont have enough experience to make that mod happen.

I want to make a mod that allows logging player leaves and joins and writing them to a separate text file, not debug.txt
How would I go about creating such a mod?

The mod also needs to be server side, not client side