Post your mod requests/ideas here

W3RQ01
GitHub: W3RQ01
In-game: Dario23 or W3RQ01

Re: Post your mod requests/ideas here

by W3RQ01 » Post

Hi everyone, i really appreciate if someone can make the ETR600 Pendolino in the Frecciargento livery for the Advtrains mod.
I never used blender and atm i haven't time to learn it
OneUnitedPower

pampogokiraly
In-game: i_love_mesecon

by pampogokiraly » Post

Just made a new mod idea/request here: Alchemy! deduction based potion brewing
All praise the Bacon God! The one and only god in MineTest

CupCake_
IRC: CupCake_
In-game: CupCake_

by CupCake_ » Post

Si le temps comme la pluie, la neige, les orages et bien d'autres pourraient être ajoutés aux listes de mods (si ce n'est déjà pas le cas), ce serait génial!

Bag0Cheese
In-game: BagoCheese

by Bag0Cheese » Post

can anyone please make a propper sentry gun mod, it shots hostile mobs, can only be placed on the floor not on walls nor roofs, and that that looks something similar to this https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Automat ... Fallout_4) just a bit more blocky, adn with less poligons, just to remind please make sure it damages mobs
You know the rules and so do I, SAY GOODBYE

Bag0Cheese
In-game: BagoCheese

by Bag0Cheese » Post

someone should make a tf2 mod
You know the rules and so do I, SAY GOODBYE

Grubler
In-game: Grubler

by Grubler » Post

I think one time I saw a person make a mod that let them throw a snow ball and it would make a layer of snow where it would land. I don't think I managed to get it from them when they made it, but I think it would be a pretty significant mod to have, perhaps.

One idea I had was since minetest has copper, right, then would it be possible to make a copper wire mod maybe like how other mods may have wires of some sort, and then you could have light bulb types of things and then have a lighting system like that maybe..

Also, is there a mod that makes grass grow over time?

Фред Канниг

by Фред Канниг » Post

ZAAo

Re: Post your mod requests/ideas here - mod version

by ZAAo » Post

Could mod devs possibly start to include a "version" file with each mod, so it is possible to quickly see if a user has the latest version (and which version we have)? Most mods that I have downloaded have absolutely no indication of the version... then I feel compelled to go and download ALL my mods again, just in case one or more of them are in fact outdated and the cause of some issues I'm possibly experiencing.

I think it would take only a few seconds for a mod developer to create/update the version file, but would be infinitely useful to almost everyone.

Any comments/thoughts on this?

wsor4035
GitHub: wsor4035
IRC: wsor
In-game: wsor

by wsor4035 » Post

ZAAo wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:24
Could mod devs possibly start to include a "version" file with each mod, so it is possible to quickly see if a user has the latest version (and which version we have)? Most mods that I have downloaded have absolutely no indication of the version... then I feel compelled to go and download ALL my mods again, just in case one or more of them are in fact outdated and the cause of some issues I'm possibly experiencing.

I think it would take only a few seconds for a mod developer to create/update the version file, but would be infinitely useful to almost everyone.

Any comments/thoughts on this?
no, please no. version control exists (git) and contentdb has a version key it uses to keep track of mods downloaded.
j5uBLfc6NxgersvVj5D5dIsiKDkoQb0o

Miniontoby
GitHub: Miniontoby
IRC: Miniontoby
In-game: Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

wsor4035 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 21:14
ZAAo wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:24
no, please no. version control exists (git) and contentdb has a version key it uses to keep track of mods downloaded.
And the content tab (also using contentdb) has also the abillity to update (all*) mods at once. (Mt version 5 or newer)

* = only with mt version 5.4 or newer
Working on mtctl ---- Check my mod "Doorbell" -- Stay safe

c56
GitHub: tigercoding56
In-game: bm5 or bemo5 also sell_her_on55

by c56 » Post

mod request techagraphics a mod that transforms techage machines into multiblocks and makes them as nice as immersive engineering mod idea a info.txt file with the git clone url of the mod where to check the latest version and just mod information like that
(edit)
i don't wanted to doublepost so here is my next mod request a mod that has a folde where you can put mts files in it and it makes uncraftable single use items that when used place the mts file the name of the item is the name of the mts file ( my idea is giving it as starting item so that new players dont need to build cobble boxes )
(edit)
this is a signature not a place to post messages also if i could change my username i would change it to sell_her_on55

zargulthewizard
In-game: zargul

by zargulthewizard » Post

I would like a Metroid mod. There is an MC mod for JE 1.7.10, but of course that’s kind of old. It was used on a mod pack and map setup called Metroid Alien Corruption which is available on Twitch/Overwolf. What the mod includes AFACR:
  • Full suit set configured as wearable armor, absorbs all types of damage unless the energy tanks are empty, in which case it shuts down and Samus is left with the speed enhancing zero suit. (This is actually game incorrect, though)

All upgrades in the form of “use to apply” items. They will disappear from the inventory upon application, and disabling them in the suit menu will drop them from Samus as items.

A redone texture pack to make normal wood and stone (among other materials) look like alien materials.
    The grapple beam, swinging version only (not a weapon).

Music setting devices for an area.

Metroid style doors, lockable by redstone signal.

Morph-ball mode, basically making the player stand one block tall and changing the player model temporarily. This may be easier to implement with entity sticking…
Anyway,
As an additional note on specs, the zero suit is only there if part of the armor is put on, or all of the armor is put on but the cells are empty.
What actually happens in Metroid, is that once the cells are empty, the protection field on the armor disrupts, and actually kills Samus.
The mod didn’t even try to maintain save station mechanics, and understandably so. Can the lua API affect saves?
I would also like to see actual Metroid mobs since the mod didn’t have any. They were all just reclothed or stacked creatures.

A working ship would be cool, but that’s not neccesary.
May God be with you, always.

zargulthewizard
In-game: zargul

by zargulthewizard » Post

One could fake the save system by basically creating your own little save file with records of what upgrades Samus had collected, which bosses were killed, and what lore has been read.

Oh yeah, the mod didn’t have a lore system. Add that to the shopping list.
May God be with you, always.

Grubler

by Grubler » Post

Do you think it is possible to have something that can detect something in a certain distance from the player and say in the chat that they smell it?

Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

Grubler wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 00:23
Do you think it is possible to have something that can detect something in a certain distance from the player and say in the chat that they smell it?
Use mesecons, it has a player detector. You can then connect the player detector with a command block (included in the mesecons) and set the command to: 'say <YOURNICK> I smell @p'

Edit: if you mean detect something in distance to player, then this doent work yeah...
but it depends on what to detect to be able to say that it is possible

Grubler

by Grubler » Post

it would be for objects or something, like smoke, or maybe enemies. but it may not be able to tell if there is a wall of rock in the way maybe so it may not make sense I dont know

Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

Grubler wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 17:45
it would be for objects or something, like smoke, or maybe enemies. but it may not be able to tell if there is a wall of rock in the way maybe so it may not make sense I dont know
Oke.

At first: smoke and enemies (unless you see other players as an enemie) are not in the game by default, so if we want to make this mod, then we need to depend on an other mod with these stuff (but that not huge problem) (btw if you already know mod, then tell me please)

At second: we could be able to detect if blocks are in the way, but I don't know if it will be usefull, because probarly you can see these things yourself (Note: I got 7.1 DTS virtual surround on my headset, so I can hear from what direction sounds are coming from)

But yeah if you really want this mod, we are able to make it.

Grubler

by Grubler » Post

Yeah I don't seem to know how to deal with all the scripting things, but I seem to get ideas. The point is like to make a fun sandboxy thing maybe?

One idea is to make yellow dry grass turn into green grass if it is near water like how dirt gets wet if it is near water and you are making crops.

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

@Grubler - Dry dirt to normal dirt (from Ethereal mod): https://notabug.org/TenPlus1/ethereal/s ... r.lua#L109

Grubler

by Grubler » Post

I wonder if the game could be made to look like and maybe act like legos...

sirrobzeroone
GitHub: sirrobzeroone

by sirrobzeroone » Post

Grubler wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 02:40
I wonder if the game could be made to look like and maybe act like legos...
Yes it can be done, custom everything including mapgen and whole pile of other headaches, but I have 1x1 to 1x8 bricks and plates working, 1x2 slopes, snot bricks with rules for clicking placing and rotating. Custom player model but no animations yet....Im a very rustic coder so I doubt anythign is very effcient - very slow going and I havent been able to get motivated to work on it for about 12 months now / got distracted with something else :)

As they screenshot or it never happened - cactus's were my first schematic plant I was making. :)
Attachments
screenshot_20210920_153512.png
screenshot_20210920_153512.png (297.36 KiB) Viewed 2707 times

Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

The act like legos would (in my mind be) that every move you do, you will get hurt.

Grubler

by Grubler » Post

That is a lot more than I would know how to do. But seems like it might be awesome.
Last edited by Grubler on Mon Sep 20, 2021 18:06, edited 1 time in total.

Grubler

by Grubler » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 06:09
@Grubler - Dry dirt to normal dirt (from Ethereal mod): https://notabug.org/TenPlus1/ethereal/s ... r.lua#L109
I will try that.

It does things for things right next to it, but is there a way to make it act like a crop and go a bit further than just 1 block away?

Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

Grubler wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 18:05
TenPlus1 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 06:09
I will try that.

It does things for things right next to it, but is there a way to make it act like a crop and go a bit further than just 1 block away?
I see you got discord (but IRC has a prefer by the community, but lets just look at my point and not about what software). Because chatting in real time works better than using forum.

But i dont know about time zones, so we could have a problem: mine = UTC+1

Greets Miniontoby